• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, bought Might and Magic franchise pack from good ol DH, doesn't come with Shades of Darkness(the expansion pack for VI)

Thanks Ubisoft.

Does steam do refunds? Lol

derExperte

Yeah, pretty sure GFWL just doesn't work with Windows 8 at all. You may be able to find a patch for specific games to bypass it, not sure. I just went with Windows 7 for this very reason.

Works fine here after I got it running. Which wasn't easy but now no problems.

Fireblend

Banned
Ok guys these are courtesy of Firehead.
Please someone take them off my hands

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Monday Night Combat -- MB-80209F7FCF5A9AAA - Taken by arts&crafts
Super Monday Night Combat #2 -- MB-EE4CC0D85BF102CD - Taken by TUSR
Super Monday Night Combat #3 -- MB-CF7F93C6DB76B5CC - Taken by DukeBobby
Super Monday Night Combat #4 -- MB-F6AF686FA5DD5776 - Taken by Yondy604
Super Monday Night Combat #5 -- MB-CA2EE735FE831F84 - Taken by DurielBlack

Windows 8.1 Preview

Jeez you guys, I don't care how enticing that start icon is, /stay away/ from 8.1. The performance is atrocious right now, the OS is super unoptimized and eats resources. Windows 8 is far better for gaming right now. I went through the pain of downloading/installing it, re-setting up all my stuff again, then uninstalling it and re-setting up all my stuff again because it was awful. On my laptop, I went from a solid 60fps on high playing BF3 to 27-30 on low to medium. It's also not compatible with everything right now.

Divius

Let me just say again that I am absolutely loving Dark Souls. It's turning out to be one of the best games I have ever played. So glad I picked this up!

Chris R

Yay! KSP would have been nice with a bigger discount but I'll take it with that price. Wonder how much longer it stays in Alpha or Beta though... Steam Achievements would be nice to have at some point.

Yeah, pretty sure GFWL just doesn't work with Windows 8 at all. You may be able to find a patch for specific games to bypass it, not sure. I just went with Windows 7 for this very reason.

Yes it does... just takes some tweeking. Right click installer, go to properties... change compatibility to windows 7 then run as administrator.

C'mon man, patches for specific games to bypass? nolol

derExperte

no, I did try that. What I'm saying is that it won't install.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Edit: THAT WORKED! WHOO!

... NOW I GOTTA REINSTALL GTAIV. SO ILL GET TO PLAY IT TOMORROW GODDAMNIT

Excellent! :) Question is why only one of those worked. Actually, I don't really want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom