• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I forgot System Shock 2 was a Community's Choice and forgot to grab it, all the sighs.

:O Can they be flopped about when you crash your ship and be sent into the endless depths of space?

The ship crashes and it blows up. Its nothing too fancy. Most of the time, they are in the corner looking scared.

Acccent

I think among the first game I played on PC were The Incredible Machine and Adiboo, a children's game. The first PC game I actually chose in a store, as opposed to my parents choosing for me, was Worms Armageddon.

Wawahead

Can't remember if it was HUNT THE WUMPUS on my dad's workstation or if it was one of those early C64 almost-shareware games like Artillery.

It might have been COUNTDOWN TO SHUTDOWN (c64) or something Infocom as well.

Now that I think about it, my first game wasn't Doom. A friend of mine in 5th grade had some game where you climbed a mountain to grab a flag or some shit. No clue what it was called but there we go.

I think it was Lode Runner, or Miner 2049er. It was on this oooooold Texas Instruments computer that had a monochrome green monitor.

Found a screenshot :p

268227-lode_runner_lg.jpg.gif

Tellaerin

That game is way overrated and a rip off of Bandwidth Thief.

That... is an awesome name for a game. I don't know how it would play, but now I really want to bang out some little game in Game Maker where you're trying to protect your bandwidth from people who keep trying to steal it.

Mugatu

One of the very first games I played - I couldn't believe how good the graphics and sound were.

Aztec on the Apple 2.

yL9qiFJ.png

DTKT

What are the odds of the Steam summer cards being a rarity after the sale? Or are they disabled at the end? They could become something of a rarity if you can still craft the badge.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Trials is gross as hell. The stuttering is unbelievable on my computer. It is a shame, it is one of the few games that is keeping me from putting my 360 away completely. But this pc version is unplayable.

Mugatu

That... is an awesome name for a game. I don't know how it would play, but now I really want to bang out some little game in Game Maker where you're trying to protect your bandwidth from people who keep trying to steal it.

Ha, that's actually kind of cool now that you mention it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do you use SLI?

No, just a single 5770. Turning off all settings I could and dropping the res to 720 didn't help.

The framerate was constantly at or just below 60fps, but there was just insane amounts of stuttering, especially when dropping from high points down ramps and such.

Mupod

Forgot I had these...hell, I hadn't even redeemed my own key yet.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brazen Prototype #1 -- MB-3DB11E9E93A63A9B - Taken by A Human Becoming
Brazen Prototype #2 -- MB-D9C81B9357B6EB8D - Taken by Mugatu
Brazen Prototype #3 -- MB-1C2F5E5679D88D68 - Taken by DurielBlack

ZenaxPure

Just woke up and saw Torchlight 2 on the vote, hope it wins because $5 is my breaking point, I enjoyed the first game enough to get Torchlight 2 for that price.

cicero

Yay Member! :p

So... is that Deadlight that bad? Or people are just mad because it won the vote?

I beat the game the day I heard it was getting cards, I got all but two of the achievements, only the $1 average price per game I got the Amazon bundle for kind of saved it from being a mild disaster. I really did not like the controls, the contributed to my death numerous times. The pacing and style of the gameplay was also not to my liking. I was expecting a run and gun type of game, or at the least something that was intense, I got neither. $3.74 is too much for this disappointment when there are so many other more deserving games on sale right now. And yes, I am disappointed it won. My previous positions and sentiments haven't changed since I beat the game though. Buy at your own risk.

Anyone want a copy of the Basement Collection?
I was going to do a giveaway, but I can't get the damn code, so I'll just send it directly to the first person that wants it.

Sorry about not using ModBot. I'm still working on it, since I got a bunch of other games to give.

Oh, first one to quote me and what not.
It's a neat game collection that everyone should try out.

Toki767

It's one of the first games I remember completing! Still such a great game. I finished it again about a month ago. (Masterpiece version)

My FIRST PC game was some elevator game on our old Commodore 64. The first I completed was King's Quest V.

My first computer game was Number Munchers. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom