• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all you guys talk about classics, but what was your first ever game you played on computer?

I think mine was the original command and conquer. Good times.

Mine was Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos: Yugi the Destiny. Your supposed to use Yugi's deck and go up against a COM controlled random player. I never won because Yugi's cards were so bad and I didn't know how to play at the time.

I think this was back in 2004, I started playing PC games really late.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Borderlands2 might be the most fun I've had all year playing a game.

I guess I dropped about 25 bucks (6 of which came from selling cards I don't care about!) and got all of the add-on content. I can see myself playing this for months to come. Seems like a lot of content.

Dammit, missed out on Surgeon Simulator! It'll be back down before sale end right?
Daily Deals generally appear in the Community Choice and Flash sales (and vice versa) so I imagine it will appear again at some stage. If not, wait until the last day where it may reappear as a daily deal 'recap'.

Remember that "Take one, give one" Steam key thread from a few weeks ago? I received a code in that thread...yet no one accepted the codes I was offering. I felt like I had inadvertently cheated the system. Those ungifted codes have weighed heavily on my soul since then. This thread's pretty active. Someone please soothe my guilty conscience by taking these Steam keys out of my hands:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-C7A35A67FD22697D - Taken by unknownstranger
Sanctum -- MB-3E34FDC35016D307 - Taken by DurielBlack
Capsized -- MB-A9444AF4F0C4BFDC - Taken by Accent
Little Inferno -- MB-2160412C585469CF - Taken by xBlain

Sdawg36

So all you guys talk about classics, but what was your first ever game you played on computer?

Mine was probably Lil Howie's Great Word Adventure. It blew my mind when I found out last year that the Howie in Lil Howie was Howie Mandel.

Tellaerin

First one on a computer that I can remember was this game for the TRS-80 Model 1. You aimed a cannon with the left and right arrow keys and fired with the spacebar. Enemies flew across the screen at different speeds, and you had to shoot down as many as you could before the timer ran out. Doesn't sound like much now, but pretty impressive for a machine with 4k of RAM.

First game on a PC/PC clone was Wasteland on my Tandy 1000 (16-color graphics FTW!)

Just picked up Fallout: New Vegas for $2.50. Been meaning to get it for Xbox 360 but there wasn't a sale nearly as low as this

Nexus seems to be down but make sure to check out the Fallout New Vegas uncut series by moburma80 Re-adds a lot of cut content but most importantly opens up the big hub area of the game as originally intended.

Crayons

Banned

I guess I dropped about 25 bucks (6 of which came from selling cards I don't care about!) and got all of the add-on content. I can see myself playing this for months to come. Seems like a lot of content.

Are you saying you didn't get the Season pass?

derExperte

I was going to say "cheaper to buy in the market" but then I went to see the prices... what the... $4 for a background?

Backgrounds are the new foils. I want http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Take it all.?filter=monaco background and it's slowly going down but still too expensive.

http://www.c64-wiki.de/index.php/Suicide_Voyage PC? Day of the Tentacle in 93.

Acccent

Remember that "Take one, give one" Steam key thread from a few weeks ago? I received a code in that thread...yet no one accepted the codes I was offering. I felt like I had inadvertently cheated the system. Those ungifted codes have weighed heavily on my soul since then. This thread's pretty active. Someone please soothe my guilty conscience by taking these Steam keys out of my hands:

I altruistically accepted to take Capsized. No need to thank me.

Thanks!

Baust

Alrighty GAF, just grabbed a few unused codes I had laying around. Hope they all work! If not, sorry about that. Good luck to everyone.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

GISH -- MB-3D824D100180DEB6 - Taken by Acorn
Cave Story Plus -- MB-725FF33CF61CD9A6 - Taken by rikitikitik
Humble Bundle #1 -- MB-602DC4F1C6331B54 - Taken by 3pheMeraLmiX

Wawahead

First pc game I ever had the joy of playing was Doom! Blew me away back in the day, still love the game now. I should grab BFG edition...

Sdawg36

Do I need to enter a game mode to idle it for cards or just open it and alt-tab?

Just open it, it even works if you just start the launcher (if the game uses one). Basically, if your status on steam can change to in game you are good. You can even suspend the process in sysinternals to save on resources once you start the game.

smr00

Banned

Either Populous or Commander Keen. I can't remember what one i played first but those were the 2 games i had on my first computer back in 1990.

Fireblend

Banned

images

slabrock

Banned

First one I really remember was Doom. Played it on a buddy's computer because I didn't have one; it was the early 90's. When I actually bought a PC the first game I bought was Diablo

Soi-Fong

Same. It's soo good. Got the season pass as well as the two character packs and some customization stuff. Soo good! Well worth the money.

First pc game was technically quake 2, but first time I really played one for any length of time was Morrowind. I went to buy oblivion for pc (no idea what I was thinking since my pc wouldn't run it) and found Morrowind for $2.50, one of the better impulse purchases I've made.

In elementary school, some math game on a Mac II.

On the first PC my family bought, probably Rise of the Triad (shareware version).

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Myst. Still think its a great game to this day.

It's one of the first games I remember completing! Still such a great game. I finished it again about a month ago. (Masterpiece version)

My FIRST PC game was some elevator game on our old Commodore 64. The first I completed was King's Quest V.

Cth

Can't remember if it was HUNT THE WUMPUS on my dad's workstation or if it was one of those early C64 almost-shareware games like Artillery.

It might have been COUNTDOWN TO SHUTDOWN (c64) or something Infocom as well.

Slavik81

I think it was Red Alert which made me a PC gamer. I played it on a friend's computer and immediately wanted to buy it myself. When I called up the store, they told me that Tiberian Sun had just released and I bought that instead.

Though I guess I played on the old monochromatic IBM PCs at school. Oregon Trail or some math games might have been the first ones I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom