• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yondy604

Banned
Couple of keys here that I don't know if they'll work or not so I don't want anyone to waste their modbot chances on them. Quote to see, let me know if they work.

Legend of Grimrock:
Cave Story+:

Also, I've still got an unclaimed Brad Muir Monster Hunter prototype on the previous page. Modbot hasn't sent me receipts for the other two yet so maybe I screwed something up?

legend is a great game

Dambrosi

Banned
Tomorrow is my last day of this sale.

Crossing my fingers for Dark Souls. I think I've gotten most everything else I was really interested in. I'm gonna be SET as soon as I get my PC built.
Wasn't Dark Souls already a sale? I distinctly remember getting it for £5 a couple of days past.

I don't think it was a daily, though, just a flash, so you still have hope.

Lexxon

Has Rogue Legacy been 20% off for the whole sale? I swear I looked a couple days go & it wasn't discounted.

It was quite early on. It even is on their website, through Humble.

I'm really hoping for 50% or more, although I'm not expecting it. It's a little too new.

SO bought surgeon simulator the other day and finally played it today. What a waste of $3, game is basically unplayable on mouse and keyboard.

That's the point. It's QWOP surgery

Prophane33

Anyone have a problem with Counter Strike:GO cards not dropping? I played (yes, actually played) for an hour and idled for another one and only got 1 of my 3 drops, which is highly unusual.

Hmm? Perhaps you may have misread what the game is! It's intentionally clunky, you aren't meant to have precision control.

Yeah didnt read up too much, just saw a lot of talk about it on twitter past few months and saw it for $3 so just bought it.

May give it another try some other point, although I did just read how to turn the hand, so that may help with the issues I was having.

Anyone have a problem with Counter Strike:GO cards not dropping? I played (yes, actually played) for an hour and idled for another one and only got 1 of my 3 drops, which is highly unusual.

It took me a whole night of idling to get my last Counterstrike cards, and the other people on my friends list had similar issues. So not just you.

cicero

So all you guys talk about classics, but what was your first ever game you played on computer?

I think mine was the original command and conquer. Good times.
It was probably Lode Runner. Below the Root for the Apple II had the first real impact though. Quite a big difference going from Adventure on my Atari 2600 to that.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Lol.

Just booted up Binding of Isaac for maybe 15 minutes (have had it forever but it really isn't my cup-o-tea with the floaty controls...anyways I exit the game. Bam my first foil card. Worth ~.65cents.

Amneisac

really want torchlight 2 to win it

I'm sure there's a totally good reason, and I don't mean to be rude, but it just seems crazy since the game has been on sale almost constantly since it was released. Where as Gunpoint is a new game that hasn't ever been discounted this much before.

ev0

I got my first 2 drops really quick then it took 3 hours for last card to drop. I have no idea why

Yondy604

Banned
the trick is to get a card or two an hour. Then CLOSE it for 15 min and open it again.

It resets the timer, cause ive done this and it works everything.

gblues

Banned
Surgery Simulator has a pretty funny Doctor Who reference in it.

put two hearts into someone and you get an achievement for creating a Time Lord

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi I see someone above had trouble using modbot. I am at a concert and can't troubleshoot but I just did a test giveaway generation and it worked fine so I know the system isn't down.

Common errors when generating new giveaways:
- did you PM Modbot or modbot 2? Only one of those takes inbound PMs
- did you include register in the title if generating a new giveaway? If not no dice
- did you look at the formatting guide? It's flexible but required some semblance of format
- are the keys real?
- did you try PMing again after say a half hour to see if it was a temporary blip?

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah didnt read up too much, just saw a lot of talk about it on twitter past few months and saw it for $3 so just bought it.

May give it another try some other point, although I did just read how to turn the hand, so that may help with the issues I was having.
Like I said when it was first on sale, Atlus needs to make a new Trauma Center for people like you and me. And no, I don't particularly care where they put it
as long as there's a 3DS version

ev0

maybe they made it that way because want you to play the game?

I have no problem with that. I've played the game for like 5 hours already.
But if you want to maximize the Steam Wallet you get back you want them to drop quickly so you can sell fast.

Plus it was the only game out of my 17 card games that did that.

Cth

Now that is dedication!

Kudos to Stump for keeping ModBot running throughout the sale even while at a concert.

Speaking of which, what concert?

cicero

Found a screenshot :p

268227-lode_runner_lg.jpg.gif

That is fantastic. Who needed $100 million dollar games back then to have absolute fun.

Card Boy

Banned
any jrpg indie games like the old FF's.

Already have Breath of death and chuchuhukhuhuh

Penny Arcade 3
Penny Arcade 4
FF7
Last Remnant if you want something modern and different

Steam is a wasteland when it comes to traditional turn based JRPGs. I would say PA1 & 2 but they kinda suck and made by a different developer.

Panda Rin

Steam store says I own NV Ultimate, but I'm pretty sure I have only the original game. Is there a way to check if I have all the DLC? How big is the NV Ultimate download for those who have it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Now that is dedication!

Kudos to Stump for keeping ModBot running throughout the sale even while at a concert.

Speaking of which, what concert?

All day outdoor one. Listening to Yukon Blonde now. Alice in Chains a few hours ago. BB King later... Then...

Skrillex wub wub wub wub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom