• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

To be fair, neither did Fez yesterday. That said, it's brand new and Square might feel it doesn't need to discount it and can sell well on its name alone.

FFVII has already been selling ridiculously well on name alone.

Has been in the top 3 top sellers since its release, before the sale started of course.

Rat Salad

Banned
I am all over that Tomb Raider collection. I have only ever beaten TR II years ago on the PS2,luved it. I know the others are hit and miss but I need that barren isolated setting with sweet platforming in my life so bad right now. haha.

ARGH! Trying to purchasebut its stuck! Payment screen just sitts there as it tries to finish the transaction. BOOOOOO!

Because people on the market are idiots that race each other to the bottom?
Cards for most games aren't worth shit anymore either, since everybody just wants to sell his as quickly as possible.
(Also, that was supposed to be getaway, but you got the idea)

I sort of don't even want to get rid of my cards, so I put them on the market for several dollars.. So if someone buys them, great. If not, I'll just keep them and not bother with the insanity.

LostAnkh

RnSwIZ4.png

Only 7 more games to go on my wishlist.

AlexBasch

I recall waiting forever on New Vegas DLC to drop below 40% but it never happened, if I have Dead Money and the vanilla game, what would happen if I bought the Ultimate version? Does it get "upgraded" or anything like that?

Grief.exe

How is Borderlands 2 playing it on your own?

Its not a very good game, especially on your own.

The quests are derivative, gameplay is boring, the only things they did right is the co-op and PC port.

I can see why people would have fun playing with their friends. Objectively, not a great game and there are significantly better (and cheaper) single player FPS games.

Jaykay

I'm glad to finally pick up The Witcher 2 after being a bum and never getting it over the past few years. There's no way I can argue with that $5 price point.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Got a Kerbal foil, guess I'll hang on to it. Also I'm trying to do some Saturday morning market trading but my listings aren't showing up, is there a delay now?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even three didn't work for me.
I suspect it has to do with the indivdual games.

Hmm, that's a possibility. I'm downloading a ton of games overnight so I'll fire up five before I head out and see how lucky (or unlucky) I am.

Mupod

While I don't really agree with the direction RE6 took, and the game's got its share of jank, it's a damn fine third person shooter. The sheer range of moves you can do made me feel so restricted when I went to, say, Dead Space 3. There's great variety in the enemies and the game is long as hell, mercenaries is well-done too.

I can't see myself finding the time to play through that whole game again though so I'll pass on the PC version.

Rat Salad

Banned
Is Witcher II capable of being played with a pad? Or no? I could use joy2key to map things out but if this game uses a billion buttons to play....

W1SSY

Just finished building my pc and picked up Tomb Raider and The Witcher 2 from this sale. I imagine I will be getting a lot of new games over the next couple of days.

gabbo

dc is 2.4 should i get that one then instead 4.99

I own both games so I'd say grab both. Didn't realize you were asking about two different games (forget Steam wouldnt be selling the first Witcher game in any form but EE: Directo's Cut), sorry about that

Grab 2 if you want the newest, hardware pushing-est or are on a budget. Both if you aren't.

FFVII has already been selling ridiculously well on name alone.

Has been in the top 3 top sellers since its release, before the sale started of course.

Yep, its why I went ahead and just picked it up before the sale. I might lose out if it does do a sale but I'm really not expecting it, and I'm one of the few people left who have never played through it all the way lol.

Acccent

Is Tomb Raider (the new one) a good deal at that price? I'm considering getting it along with Fez and Surgeon Sim.

Also hoping that Incredipede is the community choice...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is Tomb Raider (the new one) a good deal at that price? I'm considering getting it along with Fez and Surgeon Sim.

Also hoping that Incredipede is the community choice...

It's the lowest price I've seen it, so I'd say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom