• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbrains

Yes, some people have found interacting with the game to be an enjoyable endeavour, even after your card drops have hit their limit.

Boosters drop randomly for games you've spent your drop limit on, in or out of game.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean if playing the game was worth it after getting all the cards, I meant is it worth idling for a booster pack, or is it random regardless if you play or not. I beat all the games I'm getting cards for atm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Darksiders 2 worth getting. I feel like there has been mixed reactions towards it.

Here are my thoughts:

I actually liked the change of direction in general, with the game going from a Zelda/God of War lite hybrid to a frenetic third-person action-adventure romp -- the combat in particular I found to be rather enjoyable. My key issues, however, are that the loot system was clearly designed around the possessed weapon concept, rendering most of it useless (not unlike Blizzard designing Diablo 3's loot system around the RMAH), and the game is simply too big for its own good: while the first two worlds are generously sized, the quests are utterly uninspired and repetitive, requiring copious backtracking, and the latter two worlds are comparatively tiny. The campaign ought to have been limited to two larger worlds in an effort to flesh them out more, and another six months in the oven at the least wouldn't have gone astray. Also, most of the skills on offer are useless; there's one in particular that claims to lure enemies to attack your summoned ghouls rather than you... but it's of no importance as this is the default enemy AI behaviour. Oh, and there are bugs aplenty, some of them game-breaking and virtually none of them patched; the last update was three weeks after release.

The chiefly dull loot combined with the poorly-conceived skill tree means that even if you're enjoying what the game has to offer, you never feel as though you're improving your character in any meaningful way -- again, not unlike Diablo 3.

The game could have been great with a narrower focus on content and a few more months in the proverbial oven.

Uthred

Will Summer Getaway cards be available after the sale? Was fiddling around with Steamguard last week so unfortunately I wont be able to trade or buy the getaway cards before the sale ends

73V3N

Banned
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean if playing the game was worth it after getting all the cards, I meant is it worth idling for a booster pack, or is it random regardless if you play or not. I beat all the games I'm getting cards for atm

The only thing you need to get a booster pack is to have logged in on steam at least once in the last week.

Celegus

Anyone out there play Witcher 1 and didn't like it but like Witcher 2? $5 is pretty tempting but the first game was just not fun, and the UI was such a mess.

akira28

It's a great game with an amazing combat system. It's from Arkane Studios, the same studio who made Dishonored, so you know you're dealing with some high-caliber studio. When you reach the 3/4 mark of the game I advise you to use cheats and unlock every crazy thing the game has to offer so that you can at least try it out once.

bought. for that price it was too easy, and it looks like it could be Bethesda Combat done right.

Booster packs aren't granted from idling in games. They just show up in your inventory at random.

manhack

is it worth running the game after all cards have dropped? are booster packs given to you while playing the game or is it just random?

Once I get all the cards the game is dead to me.

Serious answer: I got booster packs for magicka and i hadn't played it since I got the cards. So no need to run games to get booster packs IMHO.

Crayons

Banned
Capitalism, ho!

GzJsxQp.jpg

Avallon

trading summer sale cards:

Chivalry, Kerbal, and Prison for Bioshock, and Torchlight (1 for 1 trade) PM me if interested please!

TP17

Bought another from my wish list in Tomb Raider this evening. Don't want any of the community vote titles but voted for incredipede as it seems the most wanted in this thread.

Flaxh

66% is the lowest it will go this sale. It could hit 75% off during the Winter sale, but it won't go any lower than that. If you want it for 5€ you'll have to wait for the base price to drop, you could be waiting a awhile on that one.

Thank you! I'm now trying to get 3 friends to buy the pack.

I know there were some problems with the online of the AOE2HD. Is it fixed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom