• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

How is Borderlands 2 playing it on your own?

Its not a very good game, especially on your own.

The quests are derivative, gameplay is boring, the only things they did right is the co-op and PC port.

I can see why people would have fun playing with their friends. Objectively, not a great game and there are significantly better (and cheaper) single player FPS games.

badbrains

is it worth running the game after all cards have dropped? are booster packs given to you while playing the game or is it just random?

Fonz72

Picked up Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Underworld. So far that's it for me. Been a lot more restrained this sale.

dxhc99

So I can't make a decision. I'm sitting on:
Sniper Elite Zombies
Mars War Logs
Stardrive
Kinetic Void.

Are any of these games good. Help me SteamGAF your, my only hope
to talk me out of it.

Talyn

not seeing much discussion/love for Blood Bowl, is it not very good?
The reason you're not seeing much discussion may be two-fold. First, it's a relatively niche game. People that enjoy the tabletop version of Blood Bowl will probably be into it. People who aren't familiar with the game may be dismayed at how slow and rules intensive it is as well as the fact that while it has a single player mode it's really intended to be played against others in online multiplayer. Secondly, this is the 4th iteration of the same basic game. First they released Blood Bowl; then Blood Bowl: Dark Elves edition which included, what else, the Dark Elves team; then Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition which improved on the game and added even more teams; then Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition which added 3 Chaos teams to the roster.

At the time the latter was released the company decided to prevent Legendary Edition users from playing with Chaos Edition users which set off an uproar in the Blood Bowl online community as they were splitting the player base. I think they eventually relented and allowed the 2 versions to play against one another though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Click on package info and you can choose each game individually.

ibzQxjScQiTNqP.png

Europe-hatin' bastards.

(If you click TRA you just get the bundle again.)

Torraz

Sniper Elite Zombies
Mars War Logs
Stardrive
Kinetic Void.

to talk me out of it.

Sniper Elite Zombies seems pretty bad. I still bought it for COOP....

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass

The quests are derivative, gameplay is boring, the only things they did right is the co-op and PC port.

I can see why people would have fun playing with their friends. Objectively, not a great game and there are significantly better (and cheaper) single player FPS games.

I had a decent time playing BL1 single player, but the moment I saw how long and drawn out those first few hours of BL2 were, I lost interest.

I will cut you.

is it worth running the game after all cards have dropped? are booster packs given to you while playing the game or is it just random?
Yes, some people have found interacting with the game to be an enjoyable endeavour, even after your card drops have hit their limit.

Boosters drop randomly for games you've spent your drop limit on, in or out of game.

Smash88

Banned
Sniper Elite Zombies
Mars War Logs
Stardrive
Kinetic Void.

to talk me out of it.

Mars War Logs is terrible, get rid of it. Otherwise buy.

donny2112

Picked up Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Underworld. So far that's it for me. Been a lot more restrained this sale.

That + Tomb Raider single-player DLC (thought they weren't making any!) + Little Inferno for me. Got my eye on a lot more little games, but "waiting for the dailies" just in case. :)

Universe Sandbox for everyone.

Awesome software. Well worth the purchase if you have an interest in astrodynamics or just like throwing crazy stuff together or just want to see what happens if the earth blows up...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Square is really fighting the price battle with Tomb Raider.

Game is only a few months old.

I got it for "free" (as in PS+ "free") with my graphics card. But it's an excellent game - they really outdid themselves.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Vote Incredipede. Universe Sandbox was extremely buggy for me when I tried it, crashing constantly when you used the menus, entering values, etc.

dxhc99

Mars War Logs is terrible, get rid of it. Otherwise buy.

That's what I was thinking $10 bucks might be too much for that even with cards. Does anyone know if Tropico 4 was already cheaper than it is now. I seem to remember it being up as something and I might have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom