• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

After 1.5 hours of fruitless attempts to launch Doom 3: BFG Edition I somehow managed to miss my poor cat in the dark hallway and accidentally hit him with a leg. Now I feel totally terrible.

This sums up my experience with Doom 3: BFG Edition.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I.....I have no idea what this means.

Egypt recently ousted its democratically elected government because, in governance, they ended up being authoritarian and arguably theocratic.

System Shock 2 has a co-op feature that "supports" up to 4 players but completely collapses in on itself if you go any higher than 2 players.

Now, to complete the analogy:

Much like the people of Egypt with their initial attempt at democracy, you whole-heartedly backed System Shock 2. However, once you got down to playing the game with friends, you found that, again, much like Egypt, you were blocked from participating.

The problem is, it doesn't play very well as a stealth game.

I'd like to have both options.

I'd argue it plays better as a stealth game than any of the other HItman games due to the increased mobility options except maybe Blood Money which finally added real crouch movement. The problem of course is the other Hitman games often weren't stealth games, especially Contracts and Blood money which focused more on disguises and the like than actual stealth.

TUSR

Banned
Egypt recently ousted its democratically elected government because, in governance, they ended up being authoritarian and arguably theocratic.

System Shock 2 has a co-op feature that "supports" up to 4 players but completely collapses in on itself if you go any higher than 2 players.

Now, to complete the analogy:

Much like the people of Egypt with their initial attempt at democracy, you whole-heartedly backed System Shock 2. However, once you got down to playing the game with friends, you found that, again, much like Egypt, you were blocked from participating.

this is around the top deepest analogies ive seen on GAF

Eusis

Yep, looks like. I imagine all the losing community vote choices will appear at some point.
Honestly, the biggest problem is when a game appears ONLY in a flash sale once during the sale, and has one last chance to show up again only to be completely overshadowed by some super popular game that's gone on sale innumerable times. As happened with Ys Origin (or was it Oath? Probably Origin) and Knights of the Old Republic. That's why I didn't take, say, the Borderlands/Dishonored one too seriously, though I was thinking of grabbing the Borderlands Psycho only to reconsider and not bother.

Since he's already pirating, I doubt he'll go legit for 2K14.

I suppose you're right. Still, if I can push him to go legit, that'd be good. Since he's always playing with NBA 2K13, I thought I'd show him the advantages of going original, but I'm not sure if updates rosters and updates would be enough for him. He's not into online multiplayer.

I just want him to sign up for Steam and contract the Steam Sale bug and share my backlog suffering.

xBlain

oSmdufS.png

Warz? wut..

Card Boy

Banned
PLEASE DON"T VOTE FOR SCAM-Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom