• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Alright guys, nice chatting with you.

Got to throw on a fresh suit for this wedding.

Will I be missing out if I haven't played the first one? Any required readings?

No. Some stuff bleeds in, but the opening cinematic catches you up.

I actually recommend people don't play the first game unless they are a fan of old-school RPGs.

gtBXcIA.png

Disgusting.

Alts

In case anyone was thinking about buying Kentucky Route Zero, get it directly from the developer. You get a DRM free copy and a steam key for the same price.

Can anyone tell if The Witcher 2 has been optimized since it first was released? I remember trying it on my laptop and being able to get 30fps on low

Voidguts

finally grabbed Witcher 2. does anyone know how many community votes there have been so far? I just placed my 7th but I feel like I may have missed one..

I'll ask again:

Is there anyone up for trading Tomb Raider for my copy of AoE 2 HD. I don't expect anyone to lose money on the deal but they're the same price in the UK so if anyone from there wants to do the swap, I'd be more than delighted.

Acccent

Man, going to Amazon to get Tomb Raider cheaper killed the impulse and I realized I didn't actually give a fuck about it. Steam is evil.

Eusis

Because people on the market are idiots that race each other to the bottom?
Cards for most games aren't worth shit anymore either, since everybody just wants to sell his as quickly as possible.
(Also, that was supposed to be summer getaway, but you got the idea)
Yeah, if people COLLECTIVELY didn't go for selling for super cheap over selling at a premium some of this stuff would have value, but instead the expensive stuff is around a $1. You'd think, say, you could sell spare copies of Dota 2 for $5 or something, but you'd be wrong, it's not even worth it since many are apparently content selling for A PENNY.

Fireblend

Banned
Let's keep the party going!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-B410208B3C952C4D - Taken by scorpscarx
Enjoy!

Acccent

WHAT THE FUCK and now I re-open Steam to remove TR from my basket and I ALREADY BOUGHT THE DAMN THING without even realizing, fuck you gaben
LLShC.gif

Rat Salad

Banned
Ok I haven't been paying attentiion... What are these cards I was given from buying games off Steam? These can be traded in for discounts?

derExperte

It's an IRS thing. If you're not in the US, you provide proof of your international residency and you're never bothered again.

Unless you used a (fake) US address once years ago like I did, then they say they need to get more proof but apparently never send the mail. A few people are now stuck in market-limbo for months and I have only 30 trades left. Valve being Valve.

Prophane33

But it's not money, it's steam wallet funds locked within that arena. I am probably missing something though.

The people that payed for that marketplace stuff could have been using real money that they turned into steam funds. Also Valve gets profit on every transaction as do devs. So when the tax man comes a knocking they need to show where and who those funds came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom