• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
but warz really doesn't deserve the money. its bullshit what they're doing.

Could you explain more. I only know of WarZ as that modded version of Arma3 but never played it before (have seen it before though). From what I heard about this game back then it was really great because of the survival or something, so can I get some info on why this has tanked.

Rafy

Guys and gals of GAF, I only need 58 XP for the next lvl, do you have any (doubles) steam summer sale cards to donate?

Edwardo

I'd also like to hear GAF thoughts on eador... Looks really interesting

It's much more like Heroes of Might and Magic. Game is merciless-I have enjoyed it after they cleared up some launch issues but I consider it to be one of those games "for genre enthusiasts only", and even then with some hesitation.

You have to be OK with games that hate you intensely to play it. Hard to put it any other way.

Weens

Neo Member
Could you explain more. I only know of WarZ as that modded version of Arma3 but never played it before (have seen it before though). From what I heard about this game back then it was really great because of the survival or something, so can I get some info on why this has tanked.

The Arma2 mod was Day Z, War Z was made by somebody else.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Just catching up, loved all the people a few pages back who were completely unaware of/shocked by JaseC's Steam habits.

RetroMG

Just loaded up Resident Evil Revelations on Steam for the first time... That sweet ass title on the official thread makes a lot more sense now. ;)

graywolf323

I increased my game count. No mistake was made, good sir!

well that's because you have a "drinking" problem :p

image.php

So, does anyone categorize their games and if so, how?

By genre? publication decade?

Right now, I've got stuff I got during the SS, and everything else.
I have four categories:
Best (My current favorites)
Demos (My demos)
Full Games (Games I'll actually play)
Other

rostocker

meh, I waited the whole evening for DunderHassan to add Kerbal Space Program to his offerings. I was so tired and went to bed and 5 hours later its already gone. FML, I feel like Balotelli!

Edwardo

Any recommendations for a good simulation game similar to Civ? Any setting works fantasy/space/whatever. The more depth the better. With my luck something good will have already gone on sale haha. Thanks.

Kenai

I tried to find some information before asking, so sorry if this is redundant: I understand what some of the trading cards are for, because you can collect a set of them to unlock stuff. But I don't see a "set" option by some of these Steam summer sale cards I have been getting, so what exactly are these for?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

no warz is a seperate version. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ARMA OR BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE.

your thinking of DAYZ mod which rocket (dean hall the maker of the mod) made a long time ago and became famous for being brutal and perma death. the mod became so popular that he decided to invest all his time to make a stand alone version which he is still working on to this day.

warz is made by a couple of penny pinching numb nuts who wanted in on the money that could be made. so they made their own game and sold it KNOWING it wasn't done and was half assd.

if you think i am being one sided. well...maybe i am. but before you judge me,i ask you to watch this lets play from total biscuit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

chronomac

I have four categories:
Best (My current favorites)
Demos (My demos)
Full Games (Games I'll actually play)
Other

I have a folder for each franchise if I own more than 2 games (Half-Life, Serious Sam, etc.) then I have those that might laptop can't quite handle, those I've completed, and those I'm currently loving.

aww man, locked out of the steam market for 15 days for disabling steam guard for a few minutes. Any way around this, was about to buy more cards.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I posted in the trading card thread, but I'll try here as well.

I'm looking for Surgeon Sim 2013 trading cards. I need "Trisha?" "Barnardshire General", "Ham Fisted", and "Socking It To Ya". Let me know if you'd like to trade. I have cards from Bastion, Half Life 2, FTL, Chivalry, and Metro LL to offer.

Card Boy

Banned
I now believe in the messiah DunderHassan. I got the Tomb Raider collection for $12.50 from him, it's like 17.50 just for Tomb Raider reboot alone here.

Amzin

So, does anyone categorize their games and if so, how?

By genre? publication decade?

Right now, I've got stuff I got during the SS, and everything else.

I do mine based on game status:

Beaten
Endless (Civ 5, Natural Selection 2, etc.)
Music (Kind of obsolete but I had Audiosurf and music-heavy puzzle games in there)
Ongoing (Games I've launched and at least clicked 'new game' on)
Everything else is uncategorized.

Yondy604

Banned
Right now on my task BAR for games I must play. In order.

League of legends
Darksiders 2
Skyrim Legendary
The walking Dead
Ys Origin (chronologically 1st)
Ys 1
Ys 2
Ys Oath of felgana
The witcher 2
The last remnant
The Darkness 2
Metro Last light
A new Moon
Dust the cute as hell side character tail
Xcom
Dungeon Defenders
Warhammer 40000k

(These are the games I plan on playing, games like hotline Miami are my on and off games)

Grief.exe

Right now on my task BAR for games I must play. In order.

League of legends
Darksiders 2
Skyrim Legendary
The walking Dead
Ys Origin (chronologically 1st)
Ys 1
Ys 2
Ys Oath of felgana
The witcher 2
The last remnant
The Darkness 2
Metro Last light
A new Moon
Dust the cute as hell side character tail
Xcom
Dungeon Defenders
Warhammer 40000k

(These are the games I plan on playing, games like hotline Miami are my on and off games)

Why haven't you switched over to Dota 2 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom