• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
My extra T2 from a 4-pack a page back is gone. Thanks guys!

And whoever guessed on Sam and Max store, no, wrong. Guess I overshot the age group up this late.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did. When I try to install it no matter what path I choose it won't let me continue.

Are you absolutely, superly-duperly sure that the multisampletype 8 line of cam_ext.cfg is commented out? There are two such files, by the way, but I'm not sure which one in particular the game actually uses: one is in the root folder and the other in the doc subfolder.

Rafy

meh, I waited the whole evening for DunderHassan to add Kerbal Space Program to his offerings. I was so tired and went to bed and 5 hours later its already gone. FML, I feel like Balotelli!

Careful what you say about Balotelli, he still has a lot of goals to score for our national team!

no warz is a seperate version. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ARMA OR BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE.

your thinking of DAYZ mod which rocket (dean hall the maker of the mod) made a long time ago and became famous for being brutal and perma death. the mod became so popular that he decided to invest all his time to make a stand alone version which he is still working on to this day.

warz is made by a couple of penny pinching numb nuts who wanted in on the money that could be made. so they made their own game and sold it KNOWING it wasn't done and was half assd.

if you think i am being one sided. well...maybe i am. but before you judge me,i ask you to watch this lets play from total biscuit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

I'm watching that video right now and wow at some of the stuff this biscuit guy is saying. So the gist of the story is that DayZ was made and everybody loved it (it wasn't great and had problems, but it was pre-alpha so it was just fine for what it was), then some game popped up after it called WarZ and it was almost the same. It was made by a different developer and they said they made it BEFORE DayZ came out. The thing is that WarZ was unfinished, unpolished, and runs like crap.

Did I get this right? If this is correct then that's pretty messed up. Also the game doesn't look so good, but I'm guessing if your in a group the game is probably more fun.

Yondy604

Banned
Why haven't you switched over to Dota 2 yet?

Because imo dota2 is trash.

It's hard to take a game serious which does not even have a ranked matchmaking system.

And this is coming from a LONG TIME dota 1 player.

The league vs dota debate will be a long one, so lets just end it there lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well that's because you have a "drinking" problem :p

image.php

It's just tea... I assume. ;)

Wow. I could see spending that if this were my first sale, but I'm assuming this isn't yours.

I didn't have much money to spend during last year's Autumn and Winter Sales, so I'm making up for lost opportunities.

Yondy604

Banned
Wha???

I have a feeling the high learning curve turned you off.

Well as for "skill"

In "HoN" which was nearly an identical copy of dota, I was 2080 Elo.
In league I am Diamond 1
And currently in Dota 2, I average about a 75% win rate. Usually play carry tho.

Just not a fan of the art style dota 2 used.

Grief.exe

It's hard to take a game serious which does not even have a ranked matchmaking system.

Well as for "skill"

In "HoN" which was nearly an identical copy of dota, I was 2080 Elo.
In league I am Diamond 1
And currently in Dota 2, I average about a 75% win rate. Usually play carry tho.

Just not a fan of the art style dota 2 used.

Pretty subjective way of just writing a game off.

Very strange.

BHK3

Banned

He's got a point there, League is much more competitive because of it's ranked and ladder system while dota 2 literally just has a find match button and that's it.

Yondy604

Banned
People are gonna defend dota 2 like crazy now because the official release just happened.

Out of all my friends a majority of them played both games (through beta), and now have continued to play League over dota.

Again it's just preference.

Maybe trash was a bit harsh

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm watching that video right now and wow at some of the stuff this biscuit guy is saying. So the gist of the story is that DayZ was made and everybody loved it, then some game popped up after it called WarZ and it was almost the same. It was made by a different developer and they said they made it BEFORE DayZ came out. The thing is that WarZ was unfinished, unpolished, and runs like crap.

Did I get this right? If this is correct then that's pretty messed up. Also the game doesn't look so good, but I'm guessing if your in a group the game is probably more fun.
nope. but hey ask around. see what you get.
iMMZE0KzZi2eQ.gif

thanks for the new wallpaper
LOL that gif is great

Yondy604

Banned
He's got a point there, League is much more competitive because of it's ranked and ladder system while dota 2 literally just has a find match button and that's it.

Dota 2 finds pros by the invisible elo system and by win rate. It's a very frustrating and dumb system.

it needs a ranked ladder

Amzin

Wha???

I have a feeling the high learning curve turned you off.

As someone who has played well, well over a thousand games of Dota/dota all-stars back on b.net, I can tell you this is not really a safe assumption. I dislike dota2 a LOT compared to LoL, and while it has some neat features, it just doesn't do anything for me and I feel like some things are a step back from the War3 version (mainly the visual distinctions).

To each their own though. I watch pro games of dota2 occasionally still but will likely never play more than a game a month of it. It's nice for all the people who never got to enjoy it on b.net certainly.

Row

Banned
bought vegas

figure even though I played vanilla on the 360 to death I liked the game enough to pay $5 for the dlc

Yondy604

Banned
As someone who has played well, well over a thousand games of Dota/dota all-stars back on b.net, I can tell you this is not really a safe assumption. I dislike dota2 a LOT compared to LoL, and while it has some neat features, it just doesn't do anything for me and I feel like some things are a step back from the War3 version (mainly the visual distinctions).

To each their own though. I watch pro games of dota2 occasionally still but will likely never play more than a game a month of it. It's nice for all the people who never got to enjoy it on b.net certainly.

Bingo, IMO dota 1 is significantly superior to Dota 2.

Again just my opinion.

Weens

Neo Member
Dota 2 finds pros by the invisible elo system and by win rate. It's a very frustrating and dumb system.

it needs a ranked ladder

Whilst I agree it would be nice to have some kind of visible ranking, it causes a lot of hostility between players in HoN and LoL so I don't feel the game would benefit from having one.

Yondy604

Banned
The most frustrating part was when I stayed up for like 20 hours waiting for the first screen shots of dota 2, then the dota tourny and man oh man it was so frustrating.

It's gotten much better since the start of beta, but still I can't put my grasp on why I dislike it compared to dota 1 and LoL

Card Boy

Banned

it needs a ranked ladder

Last thing we need is matchmaking to take even longer than it does now and splitting the userbase.

Two many MP games split usersbases with ranked and non-ranked play, i'm glad DOTA2 isn't one of them.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

it needs a ranked ladder
I considered LoL, but DOTA 2 has a better business model IMO. I give Riot Games credit though; alternating what the free heroes are is a good idea. When they announced the new Killer Instrinct was F2P I thought that structure would work well.

I feel like if I tried to learn both I'd get too confused, so I went with DOTA 2.

njean777

Pretty subjective way of just writing a game off.

Very strange.

The biggest reason I still think LOL is better then Dota 2 is because in Dota 2 the counters are so outrageous its horrible. At least in LOL the counters can be annoying, but they are not as one sided as Dota can be.

On subject when is the last day of the sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom