• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzou

Is Total War: Shogun a great Total War game?I really want to get into this series and I like the Aesthetic and concept of the old samurai but if some of the older ones are better, I may look into those.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah it's weird how they put the Witcher 1 Director's Cut on the Witcher 2 sale page, my friend almost made the same mistake earlier today.

Oublieux

It doesn't change the experience, just fixes up the aesthetics so they are more appealing.

I think he meant he wanted to play the game as it was originally intended and created. The mods are great, but there's something about playing with an untampered copy and the original developer's work that makes the experience more genuine.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I thought th "assassins of kings" bullahit was like add on content for the witches 2" that's straight devious to put the first one on the "take my debit card!" Page of th second one,

RetroMG

Hey, I've still got a Dear Esther from my giveaway earlier today to give away, if anyone wants it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-73AEFBCF8671C86E - Given away!
Little Inferno -- MB-B18561DB22B056EE - Taken by Genji

I've allowed previous winners to join in this giveaway!

Lingitiz

Is Total War: Shogun a great Total War game?I really want to get into this series and I like the Aesthetic and concept of the old samurai but if some of the older ones are better, I may look into those.

It's fantastic but I'd also recommend Medieval 2 and Rome. Keep in mind Rome 2 is coming in September and looks ridiculously good.

Can't go wrong with any of those. I played Shogun 2 last year and really enjoyed it, and recently played about 10 hrs of Rome and felt it held up quite well.

If you're a LOTR fan I'd recommend Medieval 2 with the Third Age mod.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought th "assassins of kings" bullahit was like add on content for the witches 2" that's straight devious to put the first one on the "take my debit card!" Page of th second one,

Are you typing with your forehead? :p

If you like the aesthetic of Shogun best, buy Shogun. All of the games are very similar, just a different era, which means different weapons, tactics, etc. It's all about what you like best. But Shogun is currently the best out now, IMO.

ZenaxPure

Sure but it adds up. I probably got over 30$ since they started the beta.

Pretty much. I am sitting at about that same amount as well (didn't participate in beta, though). The thing to especially keep in mind as well is that it will never stop adding up as long as people are crafting stuff (which considering cards sell like instantly if you price them correctly people are going to keep crafting stuff) since you can always get booster packs. The last booster pack I got is from a game pretty much no one really cares about but I still sold the pack for $1. Almost everything I've bought this summer sale has been funded by cards (except for some of the more expensive stuff which I just bought with normal old cash).

For $2.50 you still got an incredible game.

God I hope the Joe Danger games go on sale again. So annoyed I missed that bundle the other week. Damn mine site with no 3G reception or WiFi!

chronomac

It's really annoying that when you use PayPal, Steam doesn't let you deduct the remainder of your Steam Wallet first, like it does with credit cards. You can only use PayPal. Just found that out when I completed the Torchlight 2 4-pack and had $4 deducted from PayPal instead of the $4 sitting in my Steam Wallet.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOD KIPP JUST GIFTED ME THE WITCHER 2!!!!!!

thanks man!! holy fuck.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the general consensus was that the DLC was pretty mediocre?
I loved chapters 4 and 5 of TWD, but I did find it a bit of a chore especially in chapters 1, the first half of 2, and 3
. (Spoiler tags just to be super safe). So basically, I'm not in a huge rush to play more TWD.
Nah. As far as I know, it's short and sweet, but not bad. Here's my micro review of it:

Nice piece of content, even if way too short. I would have liked each mini chapter to be a little longer, since it's hard to become attached to the characters due to their brief nature. With a little more background on each one and time to get used to them, it would have been much more effective at provoking the emotions it set out to.

I really enjoyed it, but it felt like an appetizer before the main course. Which it actually is. Don't know what else I could say without spoiling anything, so I'll finish with this: if you liked the first season, you can't go wrong with this one. If you didn't, this won't make you change your mind. It may only last about an hour, but it's a good hour.

Wish I could get The Swapper, but I'm running out of fund. I did get Kerbal Space Program. I don't fully understand it, but I'm watching instructional videos.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Wish I could get The Swapper, but I'm running out of fund. I did get Kerbal Space Program. I don't fully understand it, but I'm watching instructional videos.

best way to understand it, is to launch something and see if it flys. if it doesn't, then join the club =P

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Nah. As far as I know, it's short and sweet, but not bad. Here's my micro review of it:

Nice piece of content, even if way too short. I would have liked each mini chapter to be a little longer, since it's hard to become attached to the characters due to their brief nature. With a little more background on each one and time to get used to them, it would have been much more effective at provoking the emotions it set out to.

I really enjoyed it, but it felt like an appetizer before the main course. Which it actually is. Don't know what else I could say without spoiling anything, so I'll finish with this: if you liked the first season, you can't go wrong with this one. If you didn't, this won't make you change your mind. It may only last about an hour, but it's a good hour.

Only an hour long? That sold me on it. Haha. My main gripe with TWD (and most games) is that it's too long. I love short and sweet games. I'll definitely pick it up when it's 50% off or something. $5 isn't much, but I'm not in any rush to play more TWD super soon. Not sure if my heart can take it. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom