• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearing out my inventory. Enjoy!

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 2 Episode 1 -- MB-7CE1D8E31147561F - Taken by imtehman
Deus Ex GOTY -- MB-D3C48EF0BB585592 - Taken by 73V3N

Guys, experiencing a problem with Hotline Miami. I gifted it to my partner and he installed it but cannot run it. It comes up with consist errors asking him to either abort or ignore. If he is finally able to load to the menu, there is no sound in-game and he cannot progress past the first chat box. We have already tried deleting the local files and performing a fresh install with no results. Please help.

A Perfect Machine

i87hKgYpzmdfq.png

You're in Denver Grief? If you don't mind me asking, where do you go to school?

73V3N

Banned

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Thoughts on Hitman: Absolution? Watched the GB quick look and it looked pretty decent.

RPS had some good thoughts on it and its problems.

Hitman: Conversation
Wot-I-Think: Hitman

I think of these reviews specifically because they hit on exactly the right word for the game; "uneven."

It's three different games mashed together inelegantly, and it shows. It's a sequel to Blood Money, with it's open ended puzzle-esque levels. There are a few of these in Absolution, but not enough because they're definitely the high point.

And then it's a stealth game and a waist-high-cover third person shooter. The stealth bit is "okay" but nothing special. The disguise mechanic clunks along because apparently everyone in the Hitman universe knows everyone else who has the same job and uniform. The shooting...Really shouldn't even be in the game. But somehow all the DLC is geared towards it, like that's the main focus of the game.

And the story is psuedo-grindhouse garbage. The voice performances are actually really well executed, but the plot and characters are all just offensively stupid and low brow without any sort of cleverness or charm to them. Latex clad assassin nuns because someone thought it would be cool.

KScorp

Bought Fez Saturday morning. Completed most of it over the weekend. Haven't bought another game yet.

I'm terrible at this Steam Sale thing.

RetroMG

Is it borked? Tried entering to no avail. If not, hope some other lucky GAF'er gets it.

I'm going to guess that it is, but since you are the first person that I saw who expressed interest, check your PM.

And with that, good night, fellow Gaffers. Dream of your favorite games being on sale, and I'll be back tomorrow.

Can't get enough Colorado love.

I'm hiking Bierstadt next week

Should be fun, I did a few fourteeners a while back, it was pretty incredible.

RPS had some good thoughts on it and its problems.

Hitman: Conversation
Wot-I-Think: Hitman

I think of these reviews specifically because they hit on exactly the right word for the game; "uneven."

It's three different games mashed together inelegantly, and it shows. It's a sequel to Blood Money, with it's open ended puzzle-esque levels. There are a few of these in Absolution, but not enough because they're definitely the high point.

And then it's a stealth game and a waist-high-cover third person shooter. The stealth bit is "okay" but nothing special. The disguise mechanic clunks along because apparently everyone in the Hitman universe knows everyone else who has the same job and uniform. The shooting...Really shouldn't even be in the game. But somehow all the DLC is geared towards it, like that's the main focus of the game.

And the story is psuedo-grindhouse garbage. The voice performances are actually really well executed, but the plot and characters are all just offensively stupid and low brow without any sort of cleverness or charm to them. Latex clad assassin nuns because someone thought it would be cool.

Thanks for the input, with my limited budget at this point it'll probably have to wait.

Turfster

Guys, experiencing a problem with Hotline Miami. I gifted it to my partner and he installed it but cannot run it. It comes up with consist errors asking him to either abort or ignore. If he is finally able to load to the menu, there is no sound in-game and he cannot progress past the first chat box. We have already tried deleting the local files and performing a fresh install with no results. Please help.

Run the beta (hlm)
Man, by now, they really should just retire the POS original gamemaker version, and give everyone the clean beta version. I've had to tell people the same thing 10 times today...

Lingitiz

Gonna ask again since it got lost on the last page.

Sorry let me clarify, I meant the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, not the single player. At this point I do quite enjoy the main game a lot but am only half way through.

The Tiny Tina one looks pretty cool, but I don't know much about the rest.

lmpaler

Welp, finally hit the limit on the budget. Looks like I'm just hanging out with you guys and wishing you luck in the sale......

Bahahaha. Yeah right. I'll find some damn money if I really want a game

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

I ran into similar problems. Try using the beta launcher. That fixed any issues I had.

Gonna ask again since it got lost on the last page.

The rest of the DLC is moderately acceptable to average, if that's what you were asking. The only one done in house by Gearbox (they don't seem to do a whole lot of development these days, as evidenced by Colonial Marines) was the recent Tiny Tina DLC which is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom