• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactics

Ok I haven't been paying attentiion... What are these cards I was given from buying games off Steam? These can be traded in for discounts?

You can sell them to other users for steam wallet credit. Go to your inventory, click on a card, choose sell, set a price and you're good to go.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I think that might be for local sales tax. I don't have any here (AB Canada) and didn't get bugged about it. Same deal for Diablo 3. They'll probably take a bigger cut and pay the tax on your behalf...?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hey, GAF! (Sorry for screaming, but most posts don't really get noticed in this thread.)

Does anyone from the US want to buy and gift me a copy of Tomb Raider Anniversary (that's possible, right?)? It can't be bought separately here in the EU, and I don't want the entire bundle. I can get you some other cheap crap in return! :)

(Is there a separate thread for such requests?)

Mupod

Ok I haven't been paying attentiion... What are these cards I was given from buying games off Steam? These can be traded in for discounts?

There's a detailed explanation of them from a link on the main store page, under 'summer getaway badge'.

And no, but you could probably sell them on the marketplace.

People who want Mercs should get RE6, the new movement systems make it such a blast. Although Mercs was the best part of RE5 so why not both!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unless you used a (fake) US address once years ago like I did, then they say they need to get more proof but apparently never send the mail. A few people are now stuck in market-limbo for months and I have only 30 trades left. Valve being Valve.

Why did you use a fake US address? Was this back in the days where it was possible to purchase items from the store of another region just by using the cc=xx string?

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like they need your info after 200 transactions, but dont report the transactions to the IRS unless you made over $20k from them. Doubt it will affect most people.

Mupod

I've not played FTL, and I know gaf loves it but that sounds kinda frustrating tbh =/

it took me about 16 and I didn't feel very frustrated. You can beat the final boss on easy fairly consistently with certain ships once you learn more about the game. The game is simple to pick up and addictive as hell, just don't go into it with the mindset of 'I will win on my first playthrough' because you definitely will not.

The frustrating thing is trying to get specific unlocks. The crystal ship eludes me to this day because you need to get lucky with a series of random events, on top of actually surviving the trip.

Grief.exe

WHAT THE FUCK and now I re-open Steam to remove TR from my basket and I ALREADY BOUGHT THE DAMN THING without even realizing, fuck you gaben
LLShC.gif

It goes through several layers of confirmations before you actually buy the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like they need your info after 200 transactions, but dont report the transactions to the IRS unless you made over $20k from them. Doubt it will affect most people this year.

FTFY. There is talk of the IRS dropping the $20k provision for next year or the following year. You know, after the vendors all have your tax info.

Copenap

I've not played FTL, and I know gaf loves it but that sounds kinda frustrating tbh =/
It's actually pretty easy if you know what to do, of course that can take a while if youvtry to figure it out all by yourself, if you ask for some tips in the ot you should be able to beat it way faster.

jtb

Banned
Hey, GAF! (Sorry for screaming, but most posts don't really get noticed in this thread.)

Does anyone from the US want to buy and gift me a copy of Tomb Raider Anniversary (that's possible, right?)? It can't be bought separately here in the EU, and I don't want the entire bundle. I can get you some other cheap crap in return! :)

(Is there a separate thread for such requests?)

still interested? I pm'd you.

Out of curiosity, how much money did some of you make from selling cards?

I think I made at least $2.23 from selling 6 cards. I've bought 2 cards though because I want a wallpaper.

I think I made at least $2.23 from selling 6 cards. I've bought 2 cards though because I want a wallpaper.

~50€

EDIT: This is revenue, not profit.
Bought a game with cards here and there, but only if it was cheap.

I don't get it?

Look at how all the titles are mixed up. Only the first four are numbered and then it skips 5 only to place VI (in parentheses) near the top. Just horribly laid out.

Reminds me of how on PSN Resident Evil 4 is named "resident evil 4" It really upsets me :/

Papytendo

WHAT THE FUCK and now I re-open Steam to remove TR from my basket and I ALREADY BOUGHT THE DAMN THING without even realizing, fuck you gaben
LLShC.gif
W9EpO3m.png

Also, I may be pulling out of the sale. Rate how I did.

1. Saints Row 2
2. The Last Remnant
3. The Witcher: Director's Cut
4. Tomb Raider: Anniversary
5. Tomb Raider: Underworld

derExperte

Around 80€ but I got in during the beta and two foils kicked me over 20 easily. These times are definitely over. :/

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I think I've made around £6-7. It's been pretty good. Bought me Bully and Surgeon Simulator so far and I've still got money left over, hopefully for Gunpoint and The Swapper.

I don't think it's too frustranting, of course if you lost a ship for a stupid reason you'll gonna be mad, but in each playthrough you learn some new things like not going direct to the sector's exit, knowing how to shoot weapon in a way to maximize damage, how to board the enemy effectivaly etc. Now I can reach the boss almost everytime, it's just question of time to learn how to beat it.

Mupod

Yo, has anyone played Mars: War Logs? How is it?

the quick look made it seem like a kinda interesting RPG , reminded me a little of KOTOR and the prison aspect was reminiscent of Riddick. Except low budget.

I won't be buying it because it has 'this game will squat in my backlog in all eternity' basically written in the description though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom