• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, how much money did some of you make from selling cards?

I think I made at least $2.23 from selling 6 cards. I've bought 2 cards though because I want a wallpaper.

I made around 25 dollars in the beta while still collecting tons of badges. It was so perfect *sighs*

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Dat taskbar

captureawr5m.png

PC is still responding like nothing is happening lol

Acccent

It goes through several layers of confirmations before you actually buy the game.

I only have to click on the T&R box and the buy button, the rest is automatic. But anyway, I'm not saying it's a malfunction or Steam's fault, just that it's a behaviour that's been so ingrained into my brain that I completed the purchase mechanically and only realized I did it later.

Prophane33

I think I made at least $2.23 from selling 6 cards. I've bought 2 cards though because I want a wallpaper.

I'm at $7 and still have 10 games to go through. I have a foil card currently on the market that's not moving at $.80 so when that moves I'll have made $7.70

Yondy604

Banned
Guys the trick is to open 5 at a time, if you go more you get small benefits.

Also after you get the 3 cards (sometimes 6 in a hr) CLOSE THE GAMES and reopen them through badge page. it resets the timer

Edwardo

Finally bought my first game of the sale, TW2. Can't wait to play when I get home from work.

Voted for Incredipede. Everyone should do the same!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Anyone else getting a "Steam Servers too busy" message for Sniper Elite?

My drivers are up to date and neither reinstalling or verifying the cache seem to work.

I'm at $7 and still have 10 games to go through. I have a foil card currently on the market that's not moving at $.80 so when that moves I'll have made $7.70

I remember I got a foil card and didn't know what foil meant, so I sold it for like $0.20 by going by the regular card price when it was worth $1.20 >.< I'm still mad about that.

About $35ish.

I made around 25 dollars in the beta while still collecting tons of badges. It was so perfect *sighs*

No joke, I'm jealous over here.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally bought my first game of the sale, TW2. Can't wait to play when I get home from work.

Voted for Incredipede. Everyone should do the same!

I'm surprised that the discount is 80%. It was half off just 2-3 weeks ago.

Turfster

I made like, 30€ in the beta. Sadly, I decided to invest in foils the day before they opened it to the public. I still have all those foils, and can't even get rid of them for half the price I paid for them in an effort to recoup my losses.
Sigh.

Prophane33

I remember I got a foil card and didn't know what foil meant, so I sold it for like $0.20 by going by the regular card price when it was worth $1.20 >.< I'm still mad about that.

No joke, I'm jealous over here.

The market has really gone downhill after the sale started. Granted, I only started selling cards yesterday and I'm not innocent in helping some of these prices race to the bottom. However, it's really interesting to see that cards that I sold for .30 would have been worth twice that last week.

I have to balance my irrational purchases with rational purchases. Instead of buying the entire Tomb Raider collection, I should just buy Tomb Raider 2013 from Amazon with 15% discount. The fucking sales tax makes it not so appealing though.

Here guys, since I have won a lot :).

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTFUCKINL -- MB-D5D67367133CE52F - Taken by Shalashaska

JaseC

Darksides 2 worth it?
Is Darksiders 2 worth getting. I feel like there has been mixed reactions towards it.

Here are my thoughts:

I actually liked the change of direction in general, with the game going from a Zelda/God of War lite hybrid to a frenetic third-person action-adventure romp -- the combat in particular I found to be rather enjoyable. My key issues, however, are that the loot system was clearly designed around the possessed weapon concept, rendering most of it useless (not unlike Blizzard designing Diablo 3's loot system around the RMAH), and the game is simply too big for its own good: while the first two worlds are generously sized, the quests are utterly uninspired and repetitive, requiring copious backtracking, and the latter two worlds are comparatively tiny. The campaign ought to have been limited to two larger worlds in an effort to flesh them out more, and another six months in the oven at the least wouldn't have gone astray. Also, most of the skills on offer are useless; there's one in particular that claims to lure enemies to attack your summoned ghouls rather than you... but it's of no importance as this is the default enemy AI behaviour. Oh, and there are bugs aplenty, some of them game-breaking and virtually none of them patched; the last update was three weeks after release.

The chiefly dull loot combined with the poorly-conceived skill tree means that even if you're enjoying what the game has to offer, you never feel as though you're improving your character in any meaningful way -- again, not unlike Diablo 3.

The game could have been great with a narrower focus on content and a few more months in the proverbial oven.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DMl1Dhn.jpg

I just realized that this is a great feature. I can see how much I've spent on this sale, and prevent me from going overboard with my purchases.

derExperte

Don't be, during the beta foils that were worth 20$ or more at that time went for cents because someone didn't look hard enough. Almost happened to me too but I was fast enough.

Both Witcher games for less than 7 euros... Christ almighty. If you haven't played these games and don't jump on this deal, shame on you.

Dr Dogg

I just realized that this is a great feature. I can see how much I've spent on this sale, and prevent me from going overboard with my purchases.

That or it will be a timely reminder of just exactly how much you've "invested" in your library of shame that will never be played.

JaseC

Don't be, during the beta foils that were worth 20$ or more at that time went for cents because someone didn't look hard enough. Almost happened to me too but I was fast enough.

I've managed to snag a few TF2 foils on the cheap. They're the only ones I've bought, come to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom