• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casualties:

System Shock 2
Sleeping Dogs
Chivalry:Medieval Warfare
Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys Origin
Hotline Miami
Half Life 2 + Episodes (got this when it was on sale just before the proper summer sale started)
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout NV Ultimate
Legend of Grimrock
FTL: Faster Than Light

I'm going to be busy. Hopefully the only other games I buy are Dark Souls PTD, Alpha Protocol, Morrowind GOTY and perhaps Myst/Riven. Not bad for my first steam sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
9280886287_19d6cf3596_o.gif

I think it was StuBurns who described Episode One as a continuation of the best Half-Life 2 has to offer, and I'd agree, but this is also why I don't think it's overly special: the campaign is just more of the same. Episode Two, on the other hand, is utterly fantastic.

Grief.exe

I think it was StuBurns who described Episode One as a continuation of the best Half-Life 2 has to offer, and I'd agree, but this is also why I don't think it's overly special: the campaign is just more of the same. Episode Two, on the other hand, is utterly fantastic.

I was under the impression you had not played Episode 2 yet.

What is this?

Magic

Alright guys I'm gonna head out. Maybe tomorrow I will win a Kerbal giveaway. Lol. See all of you tomorrow.

Lata

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
I've got a pretty small purchase list so far:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Surgeon Simulator 2013
The Witcher 2
Fallout: New Vegas

I'm pretty happy with what I've chosen though, seeing as they all have quite a lot of hours in playing them.

WisK

Neo Member
Thinking about buying The Witcher 2 despite not enjoying the first one very much. Can anyone sell me on it? Specifically the ways it improves on the first.

I bought Fallout 3 in last year's summer sale for 5 bucks with all DLC, and haven't touched it yet.

Should I bother doing the same with New vegas?

Any opinions on which one is better?

Are they both a bit boring and uninteresting? Is it just brown scifi Skyrim?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Interesting error on Steam when you buy the Firaxis pack from amazon. Got duplicate entries I can't install hmmm.

Also, I made 3 bucks from selling the junky cards in my inventory woohoo.

Wow looks like i've been missing out of games, I just added them all to my wishlist, thanks!

time to sleep now, thanks everyone for your replies.
Imperium Romanum was just in an indie bundle. Someone on GAF might have a key just sitting in their email if you ask around. It's not a great game, but if you're in that kinda mood you might be able to find it free or close to it.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Thinking about buying The Witcher 2 despite not enjoying the first one very much. Can anyone sell me on it? Specifically the ways it improves on the first.

I've played about 3 hours so far, and the only way I can really explain its improvements over the first is that it's so much shinier. Everything about the game just plays better than the first, the combat is actually enjoyable this time around, it's paced brilliantly and it definitely holds my interest for quite a while. I definitely recommend buying it at the price it's at now.

So far:

Hotline Miami
FTL: Faster Than Light
Just Cause 2
Surgeon Simulator 2013
McPixel (gf keeps saying it in his voice annoying her)
Shatter
Critical Mass
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Was hoping for a better deal on KSP and tempted to get NV because it's bad on PS3 where I do have it.

Except for that dang antlion gauntlet. I'll never forgive it, Valve's better than that!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jørdan;70531956 said:
Good info thanks, wasn't recommending all those just saying some of these titles are available.

Thanks for your post. I had asked before for those types of games. Have you played the three you linked? Deciding between civ and grandages.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Duplicate entries are normal. One's the PC version and the other is the Mac version.

It's actually uncommon: the Civ IV games and GTA3-era GTA titles are the only dupes in my library. The issue is that the Mac versions are not flagged as such so they erroneously appear within the Windows Steam client.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My first. Skipped on new vegas under a friends recommendation. And yea i wont forget mods :)

If your friend's intention was for you to skip New Vegas for Fallout 3 only because it would be harder to go from NV to F3, then I agree.

Otherwise, reconsider your friendship with this person.

My first. Skipped on new vegas under a friends recommendation. And yea i wont forget mods :)
Hopefully he meant not skip it altogether, many would consider NV the definitive Fallout experience of the current gen. Lots of improvements both mechanically and narratively to 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom