• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
Question: Is Rising Storm any good?
I had a lot of fun with Red Orchestra, and this is set on the Western Front if i'm correct?

How is it?

more of the same really, I found it frustrating and gave up in the end, but I am one of those people who I reckon just didn't play it right....

I simply could not get my head around what was fun about running for 5 mins, then being shot by someone you did not even see...

However if you like the previous versions you are good to go

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Making out like a goddamn bandit!! I got Sword and Sworcery and The Witcher 2!! Free games bitches.

also making out with just the right amount of tongue and rubbing the wire of your push-up bra.

So far. . .
Tomb Raider Collection
Universe Sandbox
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition
Ys I and II Chronicles
Just Cause 2
Defiance Standard Edition
Surgeon Simulator
To The Moon
Hotline Miami
Retro City Rampage

For a Whopping 61 dollars. Not over the budget yet.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Someone on Facebook-GAF posted this gif regarding Evo. Only details they gave were
Mango vs Hungry Box, UMvC3, Hungry Box didn't know it was a set of 5, super salty.
Anything else you can add? He didn't say who they picked.

EVO finals were amazing btw

Gen man

Gen
I only lament
that Infiltration didn't make it instead of Tokido. A Gen vs Hakan grand finals would've been just...
(Oops, spoiled for Ledsen's sake)

ib2g8OuIcPrG8Q.gif

Nevertheless, EVO did not disappoint.

Someone on Facebook-GAF posted this gif regarding Evo. Only details they gave were
Mango vs Hungry Box, UMvC3, Hungry Box didn't know it was a set of 5, super salty.
Anything else you can add? He didn't say who they picked.
When this happened live I was like WTF , I was thinking the same thing Hungrybox was thinking. I shed tears yo, TEARS.

wizard

Banned
So far

Torchlight II
Deadlight
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
System Shock 2
Universe Sandbox
Hitman: Absolution
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
Magicka
The Walking Dead & The Walking Dead: 400 Days
Legend of Grimrock
Rogue Legacy
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
McPixel
AudioSurf
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
The Last Remnant™
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Euro Truck Simulator 2
The Cave

Still debating on The Swapper, anyone know of any comparable games so I'd know if I'd enjoy it or not? Was also debating Remember Me but it got such mediocre reviews its hard to justify it at that price.

Well people were still buying Colonial Marines after a patch or two, so I'm sure this game is now worth it too

Someone referenced me to a video of the game and I wouldn't even spend a $1 to buy this game. The game looks that bad, no joke. I watched a guy hit a zombie with a nailed bat like 10 times before it died, also I saw a guy hit a zombie with his flashlight like 30 times before it died. That is terrible, also the respawn after 1hr is really weird. One last thing is that it crashes a lot. Now i haven't played the game but this is just what I saw while I was researching if I wanted it too.

You can still get it if you want but i warned you. Here's a shorter video for reference just to let you know what it's like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbS4sKwFUZs

I'm not sure if the game changed any from when this video was made, but yeah it's pretty bad.

But in it's defense it does look fun if you have friends playing with you. I found this video that demonstrates what playing with friends is like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmShaU7Ita8

Hope I helped there.

I'm sure the Swapper is fantastic but another month and it will be less than $5 somewhere, and if you have a huge list of games you already bought, why add it to that unless you plan on playing it immediately, aka normal steam game purchase procedure :p.

Also why is Konami suddenly advocating insomnia, they act like it will last 5 minutes and then disappear, I hope their deal will last until tomorrow.

Deitus

Alright, I decided on getting Shogun 2. Even if I'm not very good at RTS games, they have a certain draw that I can't resist. For $7.50, I can enjoy the campaign and not feel bad about completely ignoring the multiplayer.

But should I just buy the vanilla game, or is any of the DLC worth it? Most of it looks like extra units, which doesn't seem worth it, but what about the extra campaign DLC? Anyone who has played it care to weigh in?

The Swapper sounds pretty interesting. The discussion of the game on the Idle Thumbs podcast and the Bombcast piqued my interest, from a narrative and atmospheric perspective. But how is the puzzle component?

I keep hearing about how I need to play Spec Ops: The Line for the story, but after slogging through Tomb Raider just recently, I don't know if I can handle another mediocre shooter right now. I may get it eventually, but I'm sure it will go on sale again before I would actually get around to playing it.

wizard

Banned
I'm sure the Swapper is fantastic but another month and it will be less than $5 somewhere, and if you have a huge list of games you already bought, why add it to that unless you plan on playing it immediately, aka normal steam game purchase procedure :p.

Also why is Konami suddenly advocating insomnia, they act like it will last 5 minutes and then disappear, I hope their deal will last until tomorrow.

I get bored easily with games and like to have a lot of different stuff to play, I've pretty much already played through a few of the games on my list.

Grief.exe

Alright, I decided on getting Shogun 2. Even if I'm not very good at RTS games, they have a certain draw that I can't resist. For $7.50, I can enjoy the campaign and not feel bad about completely ignoring the multiplayer.

But should I just buy the vanilla game, or is any of the DLC worth it? Most of it looks like extra units, which doesn't seem worth it, but what about the extra campaign DLC? Anyone who has played it care to weigh in?

The Swapper sounds pretty interesting. The discussion of the game on the Idle Thumbs podcast and the Bombcast piqued my interest, from a narrative and atmospheric perspective. But how is the puzzle component?

I keep hearing about how I need to play Spec Ops: The Line for the story, but after slogging through Tomb Raider just recently, I don't know if I can handle another mediocre shooter right now. I may get it eventually, but I'm sure it will go on sale again before I would actually get around to playing it.

The shooter mechanics of Spec Ops are incredibly mediocre. If you are already feeling pretty jaded after Tomb Raider, than I would consider waiting for a while.

AlexBasch

The shooter mechanics of Spec Ops are incredibly mediocre. If you are already feeling pretty jaded after Tomb Raider, than I would consider waiting for a while.
Yeah, this. The game isn't fun to play, to be honest. :| I wanted to finish it because I was sick of the gameplay but the story kept me going.

Why the FUCK do people say that System Shock 2 doesn't hold up?

This game is amazing!

The
reveal of Shodan
is one of the greatest gaming moments of all-time. Too bad its nearly FFVII Aeris levels of obvious spoilers.

If you're just testing the waters, go vanilla. The only worthwhile DLC for a noobie are Rise/Fall of the Samurai.

Anyone happen to buy an extra tombraider underworld code when they were cheaper yesterday? Had it in my cart and then got distracted last night by alcohol...damn you alcohol...

Chris R

Does Torchlight 2 have controller support? I enjoyed the first Torchlight but would rather casually play something from my couch instead of sitting at my desk.

BTW, am I the only one that is passing on some of the top tier indie games (like antichamber, the swapper, gunpoint, etc) with the hopes that they eventually end up nearly free in one of these indie bundles?

I feel like I've been burned too many times buying these games, having them sit unplayed in my backlog, and then hitting myself when they show up in a bundle

Am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom