• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Does Torchlight 2 have controller support? I enjoyed the first Torchlight but would rather casually play something from my couch instead of sitting at my desk.
No it doesnt have controller support. But IIRC it has a controller mod. You should check google first as i am on my phone.

Edit: double beaten lol.

Does Torchlight 2 have controller support? I enjoyed the first Torchlight but would rather casually play something from my couch instead of sitting at my desk.

It usually says so in the store's game's page.

I'm looking right now, and it says nothing of controller support.

Sorry, bud!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Just took some screenshots of SS2 after putting some mods on.

486606BD45CCA832119654B2F71AEE44654F3EDF

40FF9A99C399D8FE4A14DA955E4AA9FDE39C9CB0

73954FEF74CE750A02CD5FA3F24A4E04D26BCC0D

B52F1BD45DBDDA85A03A08B57FB764DA41A1291A

Game is so good.

BTW, am I the only one that is passing on some of the top tier indie games (like antichamber, the swapper, gunpoint, etc) with the hopes that they eventually end up nearly free in one of these indie bundles?

I feel like I've been burned too many times buying these games, having them sit unplayed in my backlog, and then hitting myself when they show up in a bundle

Am I crazy?

I have waited for almost all my indie games.. They eventually all came to bundles.

I'm not sure why I went ahead and bought 'The Swapper'. I guess I was feeling bad about not having spent any money on the summer sale yet.

Knurek

The shooter mechanics of Spec Ops are incredibly mediocre. If you are already feeling pretty jaded after Tomb Raider, than I would consider waiting for a while.

I don't really agree with this. Had way more fun with the game than with Max Payne 3 everyone and their dog is gushing about.

You just need to treat the game as a survival horror, not a dudebro shooter. Ammo is sparse, enemies are deadly (if a bit dumb), environment is your friend.

Hadn't played Tomb Raider yet, so can't compare the two, but seriously, Spec Ops: The Line is great.

Deitus

The shooter mechanics of Spec Ops are incredibly mediocre. If you are already feeling pretty jaded after Tomb Raider, than I would consider waiting for a while.

About what I figured. Good, then I can save my time and money.

If you're just testing the waters, go vanilla. The only worthwhile DLC for a noobie are Rise/Fall of the Samurai.

Thanks, vanilla it is. Shogun 2 seems to go on sale a lot, so if I end up wanting the DLC later there will probably be another opportunity.

Does anyone have any input on The Swapper? I guess I have heard nothing but good things about it, which is usually a good sign. I guess it's cheap enough for an impulse buy, but I try to avoid doing that, because it's far too easy to justify buying hundreds of dollars worth of stuff that I'll never get around to playing.

Acorn

Hmm, I'm curious does Gabe own 100% of the company or is it split with him as the majority holder?

Weird question I know and its unlikely to be public as they have no reason to disclose that information not being listed.

Oh wow I just realized Two Worlds 2 is 80% off right now and it's not even part of flash sale or daily sale. Is it worth it at $6 or should I wait to see if it goes on sale for less later?

oipic

Oh wow I just realized Two Worlds 2 is 80% off right now and it's not even part of flash sale or daily sale. Is it worth it at $6 or should I wait to see if it goes on sale for less later?

I can't see it going any lower.

I'm sure you've noticed, but just in case: if you grab it, be sure to get the Velvet Edition (with DLC), which is the same price as the base game.

It's also available in a bundle somewhere (sorry, on my phone right now!) for ~$5.50 with a handful of other (lesser) games, but that is the base version only.

Acorn

Hmm, I'm curious does Gabe own 100% of the company or is it split with him as the majority holder?

Weird question I know and its unlikely to be public as they have no reason to disclose that information not being listed.

Forbes said:
Gabe Newell is one of the most respected figures in the video game business. Valve Corporation continued its growth despite a lack of major 2012 hits. The Bellevue, Wash. software firm scored in 2011 both as game developer (Portal 2 was a monster hit) and game distributor -- digital distribution platform Steam doubled sales for the seventh straight year, and has over 40 million users. Newell owns more than 50% of privately-held Valve, which he co-founded in 1996 after cashing in stock options earned over a decade producing software for Microsoft.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/gabe-newell/
Nevermind found the answer myself, its split. Possibly with the remaining shares as part of employee benefits? Who knows. On a related note hes worth fucking 1.5 billion. Jesus.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So are we expecting the Konami game for 2am Pacific to be a new release ? It would seem daft to release a new game during the sale but I can't see anything that Konami has on Steam to get excited for.

So are we expecting the Konami game for 2am Pacific to be a new release ? It would seem daft to release a new game during the sale but I can't see anything that Konami has on Steam to get excited for.

Lords of Shadow, maybe?

We can hope!

It's just gonna be this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221430/

I don't even think new games can release during the sales

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath released during a Steam sale -- at 50% off, no less!

And IIRC, a game was also launched during this very Steam sale, with a discount as well. Can't recall the name, though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Torchlight 2 worth getting when I have the first but haven't played it in ages and could probably go back to it as a fairly new game?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lords of Shadow, maybe?

We can hope!

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath released during a Steam sale -- at 50% off, no less!

And IIRC, a game was also launched during this very Steam sale, with a discount as well. Can't recall the name, though.

Bit.Trip Fate. But that at the start, not during it. Was Oddworld released in the middle of sales?

Looks like Munch was also released on day 1 of sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom