• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You get an extra box to show off things every ten. So yeah, purely cosmetic :D Aside from the increased booster pack drop chance every 10 levels as well.

But then you could increase your levels with other cards anyway. Summer cards will fetch a nice price.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

I'm level 13. What's a 20% increase on 0?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You've been beaten to the punch several times already. ;)
Pft, what I get for reading the topic on Mobile GAF and now refreshing after having the page open a few minutes.

It's the only Konami game I can think of that hasn't gone under 50% ever.

LaB_NL

Holy shit how is Silent Hill: Homecoming's base price still $40?!

Strange.

IUXGynj.jpg

Dusk Golem

Says : This item is currently unavailable in your region. Same for Rocket Knight.

Odd on Konami for that...

I would love it if it was a new game to the store, but at 2 AM in the morning I doubt it. But if they added a Metal Gear game, or hell, any Silent Hill game on Steam other than Homecoming, I'd be enthralled.

fallagin

Don't booster pack drop rates have to do with people completing badges? So I guess the more people complete badges the higher the drop rate for everyone.

Is Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition worth it? Never played it and wanted to save the cash for something else Argghh

I think it has been confirmed in this thread about 30-50 times now that New Vegas is an awesome game, that's still worth a much higher price then this.

Just buy it.

No wait, buy it and play it.

Arthea

g'morning
sales are evil, I tell you!
I've already spent more than planned, and we still have week to go?!

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.
That explains why I don't get any (><)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Silent Hill Homecoming port any good or at least fixable if it's not ? I enjoyed it on PS3 and would pick it up cheap on PC, been tempted a few times.

Dusk Golem

Don't booster pack drop rates have to do with people completing badges? So I guess the more people complete badges the higher the drop rate for everyone.

Booster packs are given out to people random when a badge is crafted (some booster packs for that game are sent out when another Steam user crafts a badge for that game). You get booster packs for the game even without playing it as long as you log-in to Steam once every week and got the 'freebie' cards for the game. Your chances for cards increase based on your Steam level, with the percentage chance increasing every 10 levels. For that individual game, the higher you level up your 'game' badge also seems to effect it. I used to never get booster packs for They Bleed Pixels, but since I made my game badge for it go to the max level, I get They Bleed Pixel booster packs every once in a while now.

Eusis

No, nope. I'm not going to buy Torchlight 2. It's an unneccesary game right now. If I want to just waste hours, I already bought Just Cause 2.
Yeah, although it's kind of the right convergence of scenarios I think I really may've hit critical mass and will sit this sale out more or less after the first few days.

And... that's probably the most boring winner, though it's not like Riptide has a fantastic discount anyway and I expect Infestation was half ignorant votes, half troll votes.

I think it has been confirmed in this thread about 30-50 times now that New Vegas is an awesome game, that's still worth a much higher price then this.

Just buy it.

No wait, buy it and play it.

Sorry for adding myself to the tally of asking. BOUGHT!

I swear that every time I purchase a game from the summer sale, a tiny bit of my soul gets taken away and eaten by the gaben

DarkFlow

Banned
This sale has been... underwhelming to say the least. I was finding great stuff during the winter sale left and right, I don't even see any packs like the THQ one I bought during the winter sale. I do see them pushing cards like mad this go around, and that's disappointing.

Anyone want to trade cards from the summer sale? I have an extra Tomb Raider, Prison Architect, and 2 extra Kerbal Space Program. Need Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Football Manager 2013, Reus, and Torchlight 2.

Sorry for adding myself to the tally of asking. BOUGHT!

I swear that every time I purchase a game from the summer sale, a tiny bit of my soul gets taken away and eaten by the gaben

You did well. :)

New Vegas might start a bit slow, the starting area might look a bit dull, but stick with a couple of hours, and it will grow into a fantastic RPG experience. If it's not the best RPG I've played, then it's in the top 3 at least.

Arthea

This sale has been... underwhelming to say the least. I was finding great stuff during the winter sale left and right, I don't even see any packs like the THQ one I bought during the winter sale. I do see them pushing cards like mad this go around, and that's disappointing.

really? my wishlist is almost empty, thanks to summer sale. They do push cards though

So how many hours is it til that Konami thing?

What Konami thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom