• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Terrible.

ibpBqWXBC83Q0R.PNG

Eusis

What Konami thing?
A sale that crazy people are overhyping themselves into being a new game release.

Most of us expect PES. Though Silent Hill: Homecoming is a very real possibility.
I want a fallout game but not sure which oneshould i get,maybe both?
Do i have to play fallout 3 first to understand new vegas?
No, no need to play FO3 for FO:NV. If anything Fallout 1 & 2 will do more for you there.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
I want a fallout game but not sure which oneshould i get,maybe both?
Do i have to play fallout 3 first to understand new vegas?

No, but if you want to only get one, go with New Vegas. It's superior in almost every way, unless you want a more urban experience as opposed to a "wild-west" feeling.

Vee_One

How can anyone not own L4D2 by now? It's 4 years old and on sale every other day.

Bummed that Dead Island didn't win - Missus and I played the original co-op together and keen to play the new one.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is the Silent Hill Homecoming port any good or at least fixable if it's not ? I enjoyed it on PS3 and would pick it up cheap on PC, been tempted a few times.

Not a good port, I hear. It works flawlessly on some PCs, but I have a heard a lot have problems of every kind, from launch glitches, to graphical, to the game loading the wrong map, sound glitches... THANKFULLY there is a fan made patch that fixes some coding that glitches out and causes issues, and there is some mods out there for things on the game.

God dang it, the Silent Hill talk has made me secretly hope they'll finally bring Silent Hill 2 & 3 PC to Steam, but I know that won't be it...

Eusis

I totally thought WarZ was going to win given the huge amount of people posting on here they had voted for it. Phew!
I just didn't place much faith in people knowingly voting, especially with how many did it just because they didn't already have it before noticing.

Whether there's a lot of people who genuinely want it or there were enough ignorant/troll votes it still was higher than was comfortable.

How can anyone not own L4D2 by now? It's 4 years old and on sale every other day.

Bummed that Dead Island didn't win - Missus and I played the original co-op together and keen to play the new one.

People get into PC gaming every year and don't mind double dipping at that price.

Eusis

Oh! thanks
And if it was a new game, what it would be?
Lords of Shadow is the only one with an actual page, but who'd put out a new game in the middle of a sale like this?
im about to panic and buy poker 2

why would I do that
Because you'd win gear for other games I guess?

... Is this game even worth playing outside of Steam? I know it hit PSN/XBLA but can you get Borderlands gear there or is it just "fuck you!"?

Karu

So, I just need 7XP for Level 5 to get those Community Vote-Cards. But I don't wanna make a Badge, because no. Maybe the Community-Badge... Or I just buy 4 games... yeah, robably not.

Darkroronoa

No, no need to play FO3 for FO:NV. If anything Fallout 1 & 2 will do more for you there.

ah yeah,i started a few months ego fallout 1 but droped it,maybe i will start from there.

No, but if you want to only get one, go with New Vegas. It's superior in almost every way, unless you want a more urban experience as opposed to a "wild-west" feeling.

Thats nice,i think i will go with new vegas so i can save some money for another game,probably i will never play both anyway!

Thanks both!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
im about to panic and buy poker 2

why would I do that

Because you obviously are up for some poker games and not at all interested in the fan service and characters.

Haha, oh Dusk.

I am just setting myself as disappointment, but honestly, I can't think of any reason for them not to bring over the PC ports of SH2 and SH3 over some time... Those are actually really good ports!

Deitus

This sale has been... underwhelming to say the least. I was finding great stuff during the winter sale left and right, I don't even see any packs like the THQ one I bought during the winter sale. I do see them pushing cards like mad this go around, and that's disappointing.

There's a reason that sale was so good. THQ was a rapidly sinking ship, and they needed a major cash infusion. There aren't any major publishers on the verge of going under at the moment.

But I've been pretty pleased with this sale so far. It probably helps that I skipped out on a lot of the last few sales that just weren't quite cheap enough, and now they are finally below the threshold where I'll pick them up. But actually, most of the games I've bought (or will buy when they are the daily) came out after the Winter Sale.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
ah yeah,i started a few months ego fallout 1 but droped it,maybe i will start from there.

Thats nice,i think i will go with new vegas so i can save some money for another game,probably i will never play both anyway!

Thanks both!

No problem! You're going to have a lot of fun :~)

I am just setting myself as disappointment, but honestly, I can't think of any reason for them not to bring over the PC ports of SH2 and SH3 over some time... Those are actually really good ports!

Well, since the SH HD Collection didn't sell well and got bad word of mouth, obviously nobody cares about Silent Hill anymore.

graywolf323

Thank god

I already own it, and I was hoping for regular dead island (and NOT riptide) so I voted for infestation before I knew exactly what it was

after finding out the answer Im glad it didnt win

you realize that usually these end up being franchise sales right? so if Riptide had won the original Dead Island would have been further discounted as well

Acccent

I'm relieved that Infestation didn't win despite misleading everyone into thinking that it was a game they hadn't heard of.

Also, speaking of zombie games, I'd also like if someone could get me the discounted 400 Days on Gamestop please! :)

Karu

I'm relieved that Infestation didn't win despite misleading everyone into thinking that it was a game they hadn't heard of.
Now I feel ashamed of myself. Damn... Read about the name change some time ago, but totally forgot. Glad it didn't win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom