• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Dat taskbar

captureawr5m.png

PC is still responding like nothing is happening lol

Did you replace the .exe's with Notepad or something? 0_o

CobbFC09

Guys the trick is to open 5 at a time, if you go more you get small benefits.

Also after you get the 3 cards (sometimes 6 in a hr) CLOSE THE GAMES and reopen them through badge page. it resets the timer
This is for when you actually have drops remaining right? I'm to the point where I don't have any drops left and am just waiting to receive a booster pack.

Fireblend

Banned
Well I think this is my last spare key. Enjoy!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-47793DA27919A5D8 - Taken by KPJZKC

Zia

Out of curiosity, how much money did some of you make from selling cards?

I think I made at least $2.23 from selling 6 cards. I've bought 2 cards though because I want a wallpaper.

I've purchased Skyrim (Legendary Edition), Garry's Mod, Just Cause 2 and The Witcher 2 with money I made selling cards. I have about $17 left.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
My hope-list:

Max Payne 3 $5
Dishonored $12
Dead Space $5

I beg of you, Gabe.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That or it will be a timely reminder of just exactly how much you've "invested" in your library of shame that will never be played.
I save all the emails I get when making a digital purchase from Steam, Amazon or GMG. Last time I looked (I think it was last December, can't remember if before or after the Winter Seal) I had spent a little over 300 bucks. I'm afraid of looking at it now :/

And here I am, posting on GAF, checking my activity feed, idling for cards on Hitman Absolution and listening to Fleetwood Mac instead of playing any of those games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is for when you actually have drops remaining right? I'm to the point where I don't have any drops left and am just waiting to receive a booster pack.

Yes. Boosters are handed out randomly, irrespective of your status -- you just need to have been online once within the past week.

Why do some people sell cards for so little? I saw someone selling the Tomb Raider getaway card for $0.04 earlier. What do they get out of that, like two cents? I was so dumbfounded by it that it didn't even occur to me to buy it.

Turfster

Why do some people sell cards for so little? I saw someone selling the Tomb Raider getaway card for $0.04 earlier. What do they get out of that, like two cents? I was so dumbfounded by it that it didn't even occur to me to buy it.

The greater mass of humanity doesn't care/has the IQ of roadkill.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone vouch for Hitman Absolution at $6?
Are you a fan of Blood Money? Then no, wait for $5 or less (and that's only if you absolutely need to play that game). Are you not? Then maybe you'll get enough enjoyment out of those $6.

This is coming from someone who paid $32 for it because he wanted Sniper Challenge and also to play it day one. Biggest mistake I've ever made, gaming wise.

chugen

lara, lara everywhere!

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness -- MB-C615B3831751922D - Taken by statham
Tomb Raider I -- MB-95A1251742F53054 - Taken by Natty1
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation -- MB-9DF0371F86F9EDFB - Taken by oldmario
Tomb Raider V: Chronicles -- MB-EECCEF6B3A276663 - Taken by RionaaM
Tomb Raider II -- MB-C18A545AD61462C5 - Taken by keit4
Tomb Raider III -- MB-EDC17F08BBE6F0F6 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-A9520A7665C2DC8D - Taken by liezryou

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If I'm a huge fan of Civ 5, will I love Endless Space as well? Still on the fence with that one.

Blood Money is one of my all time favorite games and I still enjoyed Absolution. It's a very different game, and not always what I wanted but for what it actually is it's still enjoyable and prone to experimentation. I put around 50 hours into it. The level segmentation reminds me of Hitman 2 in a way, hopefully now that they have the engine sorted out the next one will be a return to the massive levels.

It was worth the 40 I paid at launch I thought so at 6 dollars it's a no-brainer.

For those getting into cards now, the price of the cards has really crashed. It's still worth doing in case you get a foil but... some cards have halved in value since the start of the sale and they're not going up any time soon.

Almighty

So quick question, did they drop the activation limit for Risen? I can't see it listed on the steam page and would like to know before I get it.

keit4

Banned
Something is hidden in this comment.

Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here
Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here
Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here
Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here
Not here Not here Not here Not here

demolitio

Steam works with a prepaid MasterCard correct? I had a normal MC account on there but had to close it and only have a little bit of cash so I thought about buying a small prepaid card so I can get a few $5 games that are replayable over and over again.

If that works, I might have luck getting a few games to hold me over.

Mupod

It's amazing how many people are playing Dota2, considering I never understood how the hell it works... :D

the basics are incredibly simple. I mean part of the reason DOTA got popular as a WC3 map is that it's a lot easier to control one hero than a whole bunch of units.

It's all the metagame crap that's daunting. You're basically expected to understand matchup-specific things like which lane your hero is good in, when to retreat, what items to get and which hero abilities to put points in. Valve's made some steps to ease this learning process like the recommended items sidebar and the community builds, as well as a tutorial and some practice bots. Yet even going into a game after doing all the tutorials and such, you'll still get some asshole in your first game pinging your location and freaking out to 'report' you because you made some unfathomable slight against some game convention you don't understand.

If you ever want to get into it at all I recommend finding friends to play with. I couldn't stand this game if I was solo queue-ing.

Something is hidden in this comment.

Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here
Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here
Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here Not here

Double the work xD

FaintDeftone

Are you a fan of Blood Money? Then no, wait for $5 or less (and that's only if you absolutely need to play that game). Are you not? Then maybe you'll get enough enjoyment out of those $6.

This is coming from someone who paid $32 for it because he wanted Sniper Challenge and also to play it day one. Biggest mistake I've ever made, gaming wise.

Ouch, I'll pass then. Chivalry it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom