• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

If Fez wins will it get cards?

If there's any justice, Fez's cards would contain encrypted messages where, if you put them all together, you can take small portions of them to construct into an image which, when saturation is removed becomes a barcode which encrypts to a number which can be fed into the Fez website to reveal a Fez 2 teaser.

cicero

I did $7.50 x 4 and that's $30 which I don't have...or don't want to spend...

FINE I'LL GIVE AWAY 2 FREE COPIES IF IT WINS

I was kidding with you, even though I was really tricked into voting!@# I just don't want you to have to buy something that big if you can't really afford it just because I guilted you into it.

TheD

The Detective
What does the PES store page mean when it says under "System Requirements"
"Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection"?
Does it have it's own DRM?

New to this whole card thing and it's bewildering.

In 16 hours of Resident Evil 6 (some idling while watching EVO) I managed to get 4 cards, 3 of them are the exact same.

I must be missing something somewhere, because currently I don't see the appeal.

Looks and plays great with a 360 pad. However, I know when I bought the game there were a lot of problems getting the community content updates and kit/roster patches to work with the Steam version of the game. If having the latest kits and team updates is important to you that may impact your decision.

What kind of problems?

Acccent

BTW Salsa, I've been buying games since the start of the sale for Sblargh who has issues with his CC, and I wouldn't mind doing it for others - either for the same kind of problem or for EU/FR-only deals (I'm in France). So if you want you can add me to the list of people willing to do that in the OP.

Well I got all the games I wanted so I will try to not buy anymore

FTL - not tried yet

Tomb raider - not tried yet

SR3 - runs OK on my hd4870 PC. Bit choppy in the open world at times but still playable. Runs great on the bits that arn't driving about the environment for the most part. Game is crazy and pretty damn fun. Way better shooting that GTA IV has.

Dark Souls - Game wont start. Some GFWL issue. Spent an hour of my limited game time trying to get it working then gave up and played some LoL before I had to go and feed the kid then sleep. Read that unplugging the xbox controller before I load it might work. Havn't had time to try that yet. Any other ideas I should be aware of? I tried deleting GFWL and the verifying files so it reinstalls that way but it didn't work. I also read that it started happening after last game update so maybe a fix will come at somepoint.

Salsa

BTW Salsa, I've been buying games since the start of the sale for Sblargh who has issues with his CC, and I wouldn't mind doing it for others - either for the same kind of problem or for EU/FR-only deals (I'm in France). So if you want you can add me to the list of people willing to do that in the OP.

shoot me a PM with a link to your steam id

voted for Monaco cause im smart

i'll see what I can do about buyin that PES, will charge more moneys I guess

wish I had foils FOILS

Deitus

In 16 hours of Resident Evil 6 (some idling while watching EVO) I managed to get 4 cards, 3 of them are the exact same.

I must be missing something somewhere, because currently I don't see the appeal.

You won't get any more than that from playing the game, so don't bother idling it any more. Most games have 3-4 card drops, after that there is no point in ever playing the game again (as far as cards are concerned). After you get all your drops, you are eligible to earn a booster pack randomly, so there is incentive to get all of your drops for every game to maximize your chances of getting a booster.

As for the appeal... I really don't know. I guess you can sell the cards.

Bumhead

Banned
What kind of problems?

Well, the all inclusive data updates (such as PESPatch) straight up don't work with the Steam version of the game.

There is a way to get those patches to work, but it involves moving the .exe to a different folder and patching from there. The downside to this, which may or may not be a downside to everyone, is that you then have to launch the game from the .exe and not Steam. So you lose the various perks of using Steam, such as launching, friends lists, screenshots etc etc..

If you definitely want to play the game or don't care about the patches and updates then go ahead and get it, but if you do want the proper kits then achieving that is a little more clunky and convoluted than it should be.

cicero

The appeal is that you sell those cards for fake Steam "money"/Steam Wallet credit. The only problem with that now is that you showed up a bit late to the party, the card prices have bottomed out a bit since the sale started. Personally I sold probably a good $80+ worth during and after the beta. Does $80+ seem appealing? :eek:

Arthea

You won't get any more than that from playing the game, so don't bother idling it any more. Most games have 3-4 card drops, after that there is no point in ever playing the game again (as far as cards are concerned). After you get all your drops, you are eligible to earn a booster pack randomly, so there is incentive to get all of your drops for every game to maximize your chances of getting a booster.

As for the appeal... I really don't know. I guess you can sell the cards.

I was in selling camp, until I sold my first for 0,14€. After that I don't bother anymore!
And I haven't got any booster cards either.

mclem

Anyone wanna trade summer cards? Have an extra Tomb Raider, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Prison Architect, and 2 extra Kerbal Space Program. Need Bioshock Infinite, Football Manager 2013, Reus and Torchlight 2.

I'm saving most of my trading for the end of the sales when I've got a better feeling for what I've managed to get randomly in the meantime. No point in trading for Torchlight if it's then my next drop :)

Someone broke the steam market.

bad rats already takes the shit game spot tho

arrested-development-lucille-sure.gif

BHK3

Banned
I was kidding with you, even though I was really tricked into voting!@# I just don't want you to have to buy something that big if you can't really afford it just because I guilted you into it.

Nope you made your bed now you're sleeping in it

Now I need to come up with a special plan to give out the two copies through fair, fun, creative ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom