• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobro

Good morning GAF!
Does anyone have two spots open for the 4-pack L4D2? If anyone does, I think it is best to PM me with the info because I'll be commuting to Brooklyn until 10AM.

I told myself to restrain myself into buying more games. But couldn´t pass Torchlight 2 and The Last Remnant. Buying those was a good decision, right?

Not so sure about Torchlight 2. :) If you absolutely needed something new to kill some time with, then yes. But it's a pretty dumb game.

haikira

Concerning the Community's Choice games.

post-22569-a-person-i6ks2t.gif

I want my Gunpoint!

DirtRiver

Edit - Wrong tab.

To make this less offtopic, I bought Torchlight 2 but will have to buy a new RAM stick since mine died out. Don't think that after that I will have enough money to spend on Steam without feeling guilty.

So long Steam Sale Gaf, it was nice to meet you.

On the subject of War Z / Infestation, I found this on Wiki:

In October 2012 executive producer Sergey Titov referred to spawn campers in The War Z as "faggots" in a forum post.[24] A representative of the game's press team issued a statement saying that Titov has no prejudice against homosexuals and that it was just a poor and inappropriate choice of words.[24]

Hmm interesting. A poor choice of words indeed, but seriously, this smacks of people looking to be offended by something, especially as that's part of the lexicon of competitive FPS games (or at least it was last time I was active in that community before my reflexes went to shit mid-2000s). Are the same people offended by the term "raping" which is also commonly used IIRC?

Prophane33

Infestation is WarZ? Oh god, I've made a huge mistake.

It was for this exact reason that I swore up and down that it was going to win the community vote. I'm still surprised Left 4 Dead 2 won, as I'm positive just about EVERYONE owns it.

Petrie

Banned
Did anybody snag an extra Torchlight 2 from a 4-pack they'd sell me? Looks like I missed out on the group buy I thought I was in on.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I told myself to restrain myself into buying more games. But couldn´t pass Torchlight 2 and The Last Remnant. Buying those was a good decision, right?
Use this (non-spoiler list that shows the availability of optional sidequests on each chapter) when you get to play Last Remnant to avoid potential frustration concerning missable quests. Great game.

haikira

On the subject of War Z / Infestation, I found this on Wiki:

Hmm interesting. A poor choice of words indeed, but seriously, this smacks of people looking to be offended by something, especially as that's part of the lexicon of competitive FPS games (or at least it was last time I was active in that community before my reflexes went to shit mid-2000s). Are the same people offended by the term "raping" which is also commonly used IIRC?

I've never even heard about this. I'm pretty sure people just hate the game, because it's garbage. It's a buggy mess which listed falsified features on the store page and has questionable micro transactions.

Prophane33

I've never even heard about this. I'm pretty sure people just hate the game, because it's garbage. It's a buggy mess which listed falsified features on the store page and has questionable micro transactions.

The developer also said a ton of skeevy things in interviews later on that were certainly not helping their case.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Infestation is WarZ? Oh god, I've made a huge mistake.
It's not like people warned about here in this thread.

It was for this exact reason that I swore up and down that it was going to win the community vote. I'm still surprised Left 4 Dead 2 won, as I'm positive just about EVERYONE owns it.
I voted for L4D2 because I really like that game. I wasn't going to vote for WarZ, and Dead Island doesn't interest me.

Terra

Yes, awesome games both, though some people hate TLR for some reason.

Not so sure about Torchlight 2. :) If you absolutely needed something new to kill some time with, then yes. But it's a pretty dumb game.

Use this (non-spoiler list that shows the availability of optional sidequests on each chapter) when you get to play Last Remnant to avoid potential frustration concerning missable quests. Great game.

Thanks for the input guys. Well, I guess I will have time to play them once the summer holidays are over. For some reason...the holidays seem to have more things crammed into them than the ordinary working week!

Here's an overlooked game that may interest some of you - Democracy 2.

Essentially, you get to run a country, but the sheer breadth of options is incredible. Everything you do, affects a different part of the country, and you can implement policies and move things around to shape a country the way you want to run it (ie subsidise green travel, invest money into tech, force creationism on everyone, make a new North Korea) etc etc.

ss_2f72bebda4b0bc6a62687a07b6f9763e42145d70.600x338.jpg

Prophane33

Here's an overlooked game that may interest some of you - Democracy 2.

Essentially, you get to run a country, but the sheer breadth of options is incredible. Everything you do, affects a different part of the country, and you can implement policies and move things around to shape a country the way you want to run it (ie subsidise green travel, invest money into tech, force creationism on everyone, make a new North Korea) etc etc.

ss_2f72bebda4b0bc6a62687a07b6f9763e42145d70.600x338.jpg

I've been really interested in this game. Not sure if it's worth 9.99 though.

haikira

Anybody want a free Torchlight? It's the original game, not the second! I've had a spare sitting around for ages. Just quote me and it's yours.

I've been really interested in this game. Not sure if it's worth 9.99 though.

Each play through is about 1 - 2 hours, shorter if you fail. There are various scenarios and it's a real time-sink of a game.

I'd probably expect to get a minimum of 10 hours out of it if you like this kind of title, so $1/hour?

Nabs

mclem

It's not like people warned about here in this thread.

The danger is from Europe; I didn't have time to pore through the thread before leaving for work, but I *did* have time to glance at the Steam Store and place a vote. I didn't vote for Infestation, but I bet a number of GAFfers that did did so for that reason.

derExperte

Hmm interesting. A poor choice of words indeed, but seriously, this smacks of people looking to be offended by something,

But Phil Fish is a douchebag, right? At least he's all for sucking dicks.

Any chance of The Walking Dead: 400 Days going on sale? I know it's 50% off on gamestop but that deal is not available for filthy Europeans.

Normally I would bring out the flashy gifs but Walkind Dead was on sale, right? And 400 Days didn't get a discount afair, so I say chances are slim.

Yes, a massive douchebag. Have you not watched Indie Game the movie? The contrast between him and Team Meat is just incredible.

He's high strung, with an enormous ego. Just an Ubernerd, not really a douchbag. Douchbag is something off Jersey Shore.
The guy also made a great game, so namecalling is lame.

H3xum

Yes, a massive douchebag. Have you not watched Indie Game the movie? The contrast between him and Team Meat is just incredible.

Why is he a massive douchebag?

He's anxious and strung out. Hes dedicated a good chunk of the last few years of his life to one project. That doesn't make him a douche.

The Phil hate is so silly.

M.D

Is Steam cool with changing payment methods? I always pay with a PayPal account which is linked to my credit card, but since I'm afraid to go over the limit this month so I want to use a pre-paid credit card I have

None. The Walking Dead was a Daily on the second day and the DLC wasn't discounted at all.

Hmmm, may have to get in contact with one of the people in the OP then. Can I just send them a PM and ask for help? Unless someone here can help me out right now.

Also, stupid question, but are there any common beginner's mistakes when paypalling people money? I've never done it before and I don't want to fuck up and look like a scammer.

He's high strung, with an enormous ego. Just an Ubernerd, not really a douchbag. Douchbag is something off Jersey Shore.

If he was just a troll, then I don't think he'd even register. I think his douchiness comes from the fact that he is attempting to pass off as a hipster, and not a very good one at that and also the fact that you can tell that he really believes his own hype. Let's see what he produces next. My money's either on this generation's daikatana or some sort of "Super Fez" rehash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom