• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
First person to quote gets a Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition 90% off Coupon. Can't be arsed with modbot with this, it's not worth the time. PM me your steam ID so I can trade (give ) it to you.

You can't give away coupons via ModBot, anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But either way, the Community has proven they only care about the number of the discount not the quality of game.

I have a passion for gaming, it's the best medium out there, and I consider what makes the game good and worthy of my vote. Not just because it has the biggest discount

Still indies should go up against indies. That's only fair
I balance the game I think it's best with the one that's better priced for its quality. That's why I voted for L4D2 even when it had been a daily already: I like that game, and didn't care about the others. That's why I voted for Torchlight 2: Gunpoint had a steep price, and since I knew nothing about it (still I don't), I didnn't feel like I needed to vote for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lame. I was going to buy the Trine 3 pack to gift to my friends but it won't let me buy it since I own the game.

Yeah, the way multi-packs work is that one copy is tied to your account and you're given the remaining ones to gift/trade.

I balance the game I think it's best with the one that's better priced for its quality. That's why I voted for L4D2 even when it had been a daily already: I like that game, and didn't care about the others. That's why I voted for Torchlight 2: Gunpoint had a steep price, and since I knew nothing about it (still I don't), I didnn't feel like I needed to vote for it.
You bastard...damn you to hell!!
j/k

But still Gunpoint and Dont Starve shouldn't have gone up against Torchlight

What's the GAF hivemind voting on for the next flash deal?

I'm crossing my fingers that it's Monaco, but I have a horrible feeling that it's going to end with a gazillion other people paying money into the Phil Fish douche scholarship fund.

What's the GAF hivemind voting on for the next flash deal?

I'm crossing my fingers that it's Monaco, but I have a horrible feeling that it's going to end with a gazillion other people paying money into the Phil Fish douche scholarship fund.
Natural Selection 2 will win

I voted for Monaco, though

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You bastard...damn you to hell!!
j/k

But still Gunpoint and Dont Starve shouldn't have gone up against Torchlight
You see, Don't Starve is another game that many people here love, but I completely fail to see its appeal. That's why I'm not going to buy it unless it gets to the $5- price range, so I don't see a reason to vote for it.

I don't know if playing with yourself while playing Trine 2 is a good idea. I believe the game requires both hands to play properly.

Prophane33

Thanks to trading cards this sale went from bust to boom for me, I was so worried that I had no money to spend, yet thanks to selling cards was able to get the three games I wanted (ranging in price from 9.99-2.49) without spending my own cash. Currently working on my final (unless they add cards in something I own today) 3 drops, currently at $3.56 in my Steam Wallet. Going to spend some of that to at least get my summer sale badge.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Totally forgot one of the Tomb Raider DLCs was a single player one, grabbing it now on the cheap.

You see, Don't Starve is another game that many people here love, but I completely fail to see its appeal. That's why I'm not going to buy it unless it gets to the $5- price range, so I don't see a reason to vote for it.

I don't know if playing with yourself while playing Trine 2 is a good idea. I believe the game requires both hands to play properly.
Even still, putting two indies against a well known game isn't fair.

If you're interested, this is my Gunpoint description:
An indie mix of retro Mark of the Ninja, Watchdog's hacking, and witty humor and a level editor

Very funny guys, he's asking a serious question.

tumblr_mkdrsfDynf1qcisquo1_500.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Even still, putting two indies against a well known game isn't fair.

If you're interested, this is my Gunpoint description:
An indie mix of retro Mark of the Ninja, Watchdog's hacking, and witty humor and a level editor
The game Watch Dogs? I'll wait till it comes out before saying if that's a good thing or not :p

I may look into Gunpoint once it reaches 75% off.

I don't know whether you're joking or just failed to read the rest of his post. I'll go with the first.

Terra

I told myself to restrain myself into buying more games. But couldn´t pass Torchlight 2 and The Last Remnant. Buying those was a good decision, right?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Really hope I get my debit card today so I can actually buy things. Managed to get System Shock 2 for $2.50 but that's it so far.

Will probably grab Fallout 3 and New Vegas, finally.

If playing by yourself, I recommend you use The Thief, she's hot, unless you like beardy men, then I'd say wizard.

Thief was OP in Trine 1. Only used the other two when I had to. Haven't played 2, but I kind of hope it's better balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom