• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
This thread is moving a little quick to have a real discussion about it here, but D3 is leagues beyond TL2 with the 'clicking stuff until they die'. The champion packs are awesome and add a lot of strategy when you realize what random permutation they have. You might have to fight at range, fight up close, kite, stand still, whatever. Also it has stuns and lots of other movement-based skills that just don't exist in TL2. TL2 is pretty much all just COLORED-BALL-OF-DEATH from everyone.

Ya, as much as I loved the original TL during an era where we were bereft of decent Loot-ARPGs, it seems that the sequel didn't move too far away from the formula of the first while its competitors ran past it. Both Path of Exile and Diablo III seem better (I haven't actually bought it yet, based on the recommendations of a few people I trust in these matters).

TL was great when it's only competition was Dungeon Siege III and FATE (the game it was based on)....

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Trine Complete for 5 its tempting me...

but...

Dust: Elysian and Ys Oath and Ys Origin...

*Cries in a corner*

Bri

Witcher 2 can't be super well optimized?

Running everything on low, on 1366x768 with this rig:

AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 3,2GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB
4GBs of RAMZ
Windows 7 64-bit

Super choppy and around 10-12 fps. Old rig in every way but still... :(

botlite

Torraz

4GBs of RAMZ
Windows 7 64-bit

Did you turn off ubersampling?

liezryou

4GBs of RAMZ
Windows 7 64-bit

Uhm well... your gpu is kind of like 10 generations old -_-'.

Acccent

Fish seems kinda weird
but I don't hate on the guy
I'm just not giving him my money
and it sucks because Fez looks cool
but I just can't support him when he shits on his customers.

make up your mind? If you refuse to give him money while acknowledging that the game looks cool, you are effectively hating on the guy

This thread is moving a little quick to have a real discussion about it here, but D3 is leagues beyond TL2 with the 'clicking stuff until they die'. The champion packs are awesome and add a lot of strategy when you realize what random permutation they have. You might have to fight at range, fight up close, kite, stand still, whatever. Also it has stuns and lots of other movement-based skills that just don't exist in TL2. TL2 is pretty much all just COLORED-BALL-OF-DEATH from everyone.

I've played both games enough to know you're greatly simplifying TL2 to suit your argument.

H3xum

So, prepare the pitchforks if you'd like, but, probably embarrassing question coming up...

I'm not awfully familiar with the cards, I hit my 3 in-game drop max now it's talking about booster packs.

Do those just randomly get awarded to me as I play the game or what's their story?

Addnan

Sure did.

Could I upgrade my gpu to a 5 generations old gpu for a cheap price and run it decently with everything else in the computer the same? No interest in buying a whole new rig just yet.

Not really. Your CPU is pretty out dated now too.

Amneisac

I've played both games enough to know you're greatly simplifying TL2 to suit your argument.

Maybe, but to me none of TL2's strengths lie in the combat. I could talk about how cool pets are, and fishing, and all the great features will selling / buying, mod support, phase portals and other randomly generated areas, etc. All that is great, but the actual combat is really lame.

I got Tomb Raider.
I think a 75% discount on such a new game is weird.

It was $28...before launch *shrug*.

So, prepare the pitchforks if you'd like, but, probably embarrassing question coming up...

I'm not awfully familiar with the cards, I hit my 3 in-game drop max now it's talking about booster packs.

Do those just randomly get awarded to me as I play the game or what's their story?

Very rare drops... but you just need to log into steam. The chance is linked to your level, but still most people here have only got one or two since cards started.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Johnatan Blow is awesome and Braid is awesomer.
Team meat made the best 2D platformer available on PC.
Fish seems kinda weird but I don't hate on the guy I'm just not giving him my money and it sucks because Fez looks cool but I just can't support him when he shits on his customers.
Duuuuude... We're talking about a world where Jazz Jackrabbit 2 never existed, right?

Amneisac

As people craft people randomly get booster packs. I don't think you have to do anything to get a booster pack, just wait patiently.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Sale ends the 22nd, right? I don't know if I can handle another week of anticipation and watching timers count down lol
It's not a matter of being able to. You will. There's no other option.

It's a matter of how deep in debt you will be once it's over.

DukeBobby

How is Monaco?

I have two recommendations on Steam. One says that it's better in single player, while the other says it's better in co-op. Which is it?

shandy706

I got Tomb Raider.
I think a 75% discount on such a new game is weird.

75% discount on some purty graphicses

Dat leaf wall! (right click view image)

kr4k.jpg

I apologize for crappy compression, had to grab from my facebook upload as I'm not on my gaming rig.

mclem

Good morning everyone. The community vote should go to Monaco, right? And if anyone hasn't played Mass Effect 2 yet, please buy it. It was my favorite in the series. Make sure you play the other two as well. Regardless of what anyone says about the ending.

Wasn't ME2 one of the first victims of the EA/Valve spat? Can you even preserve continuity with the series on Steam, and can you get all the DLC?

How is Monaco?

I have two recommendations on Steam. One says that it's better in single player, while the other says it's better in co-op. Which is it?

I mean, I haven't played it so my thoughts don't mean shit, but I always thought it was designed as more of a co-op game :eek:

No. Just under expectations.

Not so much expectations but sales hopes I think. More "we pissed away years on this title making it and remaking it lets hope it doesn't sell too badly" than anything realistic.

Fun game though, if not the Tomb Raider game I wanted. TressFX was something neat to play with for a bit.

Wasn't ME2 one of the first victims of the EA/Valve spat? Can you even preserve continuity with the series on Steam, and can you get all the DLC?

Yeah, I played through 1 and 2 on steam and then finished it off on Origin with 3. Saves and such transfer fine.

Cheddahz

Banned
For everyone who is thinking about buying Tomb Raider, here's my short recommendation about it

XDg61n8.png

It's not a bad game or anything, it's just not great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom