• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

Havent used Steam in months, but of course, the sale brought me back. What is up with the cards and Steam Level stuff? Just a different take on the achievements thing?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Trine Complete for 5 its tempting me...

but...

Dust: Elysian and Ys Oath and Ys Origin...

*Cries in a corner*
Thanks to the money I made selling some trading cards, I was able to get both Trine Complete (on a sale not long ago, before the Summer Seal) and Dust without having to spend a single cent out of my pocket.

Unfortunately card prices have reached rock bottom now, so I haven't even bothered to put my latest ones on the market.

oipic

As of April 2013, it was at 3.4 million (not sure if this number accounts digital sales).

They were insane and wanted 5 to 6 million.

Yep, not so much a sales failure, but a forecasting one - the SE bean-counter responsible for these predictions was definitely a 'glass-half-full' kind of guy.

Fireblend

Banned
don't spend everything at once!

I figure it's just 150 more cards before I can buy Remember Me!
KuGsj.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks to the money I made selling some trading cards, I was able to get both Trine Complete (on a sale not long ago, before the Summer Seal) and Dust without having to spend a single cent out of my pocket.

Unfortunately card prices have reached rock bottom now, so I haven't even bothered to put my latest ones on the market.

My friend its trying to sell the cards I had but they are slow as hell to sell. He only got me like 1.21 of one of the foil ones which if I had the permission to sell on steam could have gotten 11 bucks on day one smh. Im pissed man.
LLShC.gif

Considering getting Tomb Raider...I already beat it on 360, but saw a youtube video that would indicate my ideapad could rock it pretty well. To be a graphics skank or not...

Yanksfan

Nah, it's another way to make us buy more gamez.

Sounds like the 360 achievements thing to me. People buying games just to get em. I have gotten one regular and one foil from just voting from flash deals..I am just wondering what I am supposed to do with them or even care that I have em.

shandy706

For everyone who is thinking about buying Tomb Raider, here's my short recommendation about it

It's not a bad game or anything, it's just not great

I think they should have left the instinct stuff out. However, I really like the game....and I think it is a tomb raider game, it just has more gun-play than the traditional games. Also, the gunplay matches up to the situation Lara is in. It makes sense that she's going through that struggle (story wise), so I found it believable (again due to the story).

If they left out the instinct stuff completely, I think it would have a better puzzle/figure it out own your own vibe of older TR games.

I do enjoy them including the ability to play with stealth or all guns blazing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump why isn't modbot accepting my SMNC gift :X.

Unless you forward me the PM you sent to ModBot, and/or any response, it's impossible for me to tell you. It looks like you successfully created a ModBot giveaway at 7:26 AM and the logs confirm that it sent it to you.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I actually had Steam for years (since the release of Half-Life 2) but this Summer Sale finally made me use it. I already have like 35 games haha.

I have one question: I have like 40 boxed PC-games. There's no way I can get them in Steam, right? Or does it depend on the title? For instance, I have the rollercoaster tycoon 3 and half-life 2 games and expansions on disk, but I see they are in the Steam store and I think it's way easier to have them there. Also feels 'better' to have the entire collection in once place (aka steam). And I guess stuff like the new SimCity and Battlefield 3 (which I have on disc) are also not on Steam thanks to EA's Origin? Thanks in advance for the answers!

I am a big console gamer by the way, always have all consoles, but I guess Steam is finally making me try out PC-gaming. I have a high spec PC I bought two years ago that can handle almost all games though, so it is a shame I didn't use it earlier!

Retail games that can be activated on Steam:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

But you can also try any of them by going
Steam client -> games -> Activate a product on Steam -> type in the CD key.

Mass Effect 2, Yay or Nay?

Quite separate from whether or not it's a good game, I should warn you about one thing. The Steam copy of ME2 comes without any DLC. There's a ton of pretty significant content DLC. The content DLC must be purchased through the game using BioWare Points. BioWare Points almost never go on sale. So you're looking at playing multiple times what you paid for the game to get the DLC should you choose to do that.

hlhbk

Since I haven't been active, its a great game (which I really need to sit down and play), and I am feeling generous:

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition -- MB-EE456C8748B38E11 - Taken by Torraz

Uiki

How is Monaco?

I have two recommendations on Steam. One says that it's better in single player, while the other says it's better in co-op. Which is it?

It's a totally different experience.

In single player it's hard. Like kick you in the ass constantly hard. And it's more stealth based. The level design is incredible. It's slow, methodic.

On the other hand, the multiplayer............. is controlled chaos. Everything could go wrong in an istant and that's why it's more fun. Shit hits the fan so quickly that your reactions can generate hilarious moments with your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom