• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yondy604

Banned
The givers/takers list is mostly to see who the top takers are so we can update our permablock lists. I'm curious to see who has broken 30 now without giving anything back.

I don't think anybody took 30 yet.

I think the average is around 7 games, which imo is fine

jtb

Banned
it's not even possible to take 30 games through modbot yet. The system limits you to one per 24 hours after you take more than 15, I think.

derExperte

The problem with the givers and takers list is that some people have given out a significant amount of games NOT using modbot.

So it's really hard to make tabs on those people (As an example, I have given out maybe 100ish dollers worth of giveaways in the last 3 days) through pms and minigames.

If it counts them also then it's good.

It wouldn't but I think we can still easily seperate the good folks from the scumbags.

it's not even possible to take 30 games through modbot yet. The system limits you to one per 24 hours after you take more than 15, I think.

After javabots 'departure' the rules were relaxed a little,

If one hasn't played Blood Money get that instead(or hell, get both hardly expensive) but many people have and Absolution is still a decent game worth playing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Invention of the century.

is there an updated list of top givers/takers?

Top takers is basically the same as before because of the blocklists and throttling measures now on the bot basically ensure no one at the top of the list will keep going up. The rule right now is one key per half an hour, >15 keys in last week = 1 every 12 hours, >17 keys in last week = 1 every 3 days.

Givers (including anonymous):
48 SephirothRK MY MANNNNNN
37 xelios
29 chugen
22 jshackles
20 Cloudius12
19 Dog Problems
18 Glass Rebel
16 vermadas
15 almostheathen

DukeBobby

But what if I already played that? I mean isn't it at least supposed to be a decent game even if it has nothing to do with Hitman anymre

Yes, it's a decent enough game, I guess. If you really, really want it, you could do worse.

Although, you could also do a lot better.

Dambrosi

Banned
To anyone asking if they should buy Hitman Absolution:

Slap yourselves and buy Blood Money.
Yes indeed. If you have Blood Money and still want Absolution for any reason, seek help - or better still, buy Mark Of The Ninja, Chronicles Of Riddick off GOG, or Dishonored.

The sniper challenge mini-game they gave away with H:A's preorders is better than the main game. Real Talk.

DirtRiver

Has anybody else reached the point where you see the games on sale, contrast them to the games on your backlog, and go "How the fuck am I ever going to go though this all?". I was eyeing Tomb Raider but I know I won't play it until probably next year so I can wait.

I think I've done it guys. I think I've finally beaten Steam.

I think

Neki

Top takers is basically the same as before because of the blocklists and throttling measures now on the bot basically ensure no one at the top of the list will keep going up. The rule right now is one key per half an hour, >15 keys in last week = 1 every 12 hours, >17 keys in last week = 1 every 3 days.

37 xelios
29 chugen
22 jshackles
20 Cloudius12
19 Dog Problems
18 Glass Rebel
16 vermadas
15 almostheathen

well that makes me feel better then. Especially that Givers list, SephirothRK giving out games like he gave out wins in Marvel vs Capcom 3, every day and all day.

dream

Yeah, I'm with ricochetguro--I enjoyed Hitman Absolution very much. It just plays very differently from Blood Money, almost like a streamlined installment.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

37 xelios
29 chugen
22 jshackles
20 Cloudius12
19 Dog Problems
18 Glass Rebel
16 vermadas
15 almostheathen

*clap*

What's the number of games the highest taker took?

chugen

29? fuck that, 30 is better

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-98DEE982F642AD83 - Taken by DomZ

IMGF

Neo Member
Has anybody else reached the point where you see the games on sale, contrast them to the games on your backlog, and go "How the fuck am I ever going to go though this all?". I was eyeing Tomb Raider but I know I won't play it until probably next year so I can wait.

I think I've done it guys. I think I've finally beaten Steam.

I think
That's why I'm not buying Hitman or LA Noire. I know I've reached the point that by the time I may actually be able to play them, it'll be time for the Christmas sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

37 xelios
29 chugen
22 jshackles
20 Cloudius12
19 Dog Problems
18 Glass Rebel
16 vermadas
15 almostheathen

Has there been a reset? I had like 14 before giving away 5 Metro keys.

73V3N

Banned

There are two new people that i've seen take more than 10.
Maybe I'm wrong.

And I had 5 and I've not taken anything since then.

liezryou

37 xelios
29 chugen
22 jshackles
20 Cloudius12
19 Dog Problems
18 Glass Rebel
16 vermadas
15 almostheathen

Is there any rule to stop people from taking 2 of the same game for whatever reason? I swear to god I've seen it happen.

kevin1025

Banned
Been sitting on these codes for a while, thought I'd toss them in here.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 #1 -- MB-9A6B6CF01E42922F - Taken by ElectricBlue187
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 #2 -- MB-1CA6A4AE8AFE47D5 - Taken by Eklesp

RS4-

Thinking about it now, the guy who gave Javadots the Bioshock Infinite key should've just given it out to someone else before that scumbag figured out how to redeem it.

Wolfie5

Bought today:

Hitman €6.24
Resident Evil 5 €5
Total: 11,24

Deals have been pretty good for me this far. Now if only Dishonoured would be a daily, can't believe it lost community vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom