• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeless

do the expansions packs for dungeons of dredmor integrate with the main game and add to it like the binding of isaac dlc?

watched the giant bomb quick look and kinda on the fence, contemplating

Man, I'm kind of shocked only 3 people on my friend's list(nobody from neogaf) have the Leisure Suit Larry remake. It was really well done and beautiful to look at, suppose adventure games are a bit niche. Hopefully it goes on sale so more people hop on it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, scored a copy of Anniversary (thanks, jtb!). Can I go directly from that to Underworld, or should I play Legend in-between?

Salaadin

Dont buy Hitman. Dont buy Hitman. Dont buy Hitman.

Hey gaf, should I buy Hitman?

Dont buy Hitman. Dont buy Hitman. Dont buy Hitman.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
lara, lara everywhere!
Thanks a lot man! Got Chronicles, so that means I'll get a great shot of nostalgia once I play it. It's been several years since I last touched it on my PS1, I think I got stuck and never finished it (had to use a guide several times before).

Also, this is the first game I've won from ModBot. Once again, thank you :)

PriitV

There will be a new Sandbox Universe soon :)

Also, I dare you to get all of the achievemnts on the current one. Hell, I'll even buy you a game if you do it.

Copons

the basics are incredibly simple. I mean part of the reason DOTA got popular as a WC3 map is that it's a lot easier to control one hero than a whole bunch of units.

It's all the metagame crap that's daunting. You're basically expected to understand matchup-specific things like which lane your hero is good in, when to retreat, what items to get and which hero abilities to put points in. Valve's made some steps to ease this learning process like the recommended items sidebar and the community builds, as well as a tutorial and some practice bots. Yet even going into a game after doing all the tutorials and such, you'll still get some asshole in your first game pinging your location and freaking out to 'report' you because you made some unfathomable slight against some game convention you don't understand.

If you ever want to get into it at all I recommend finding friends to play with. I couldn't stand this game if I was solo queue-ing.

Oh, so Valve put a tutorial in there? Good to hear that!
When I tried it, the menu screen was like barebone. Just pick a hero between hundreds and then you were supposed to be good to go...

I'd really like to try it harder, but I'm not that into PVP, because I can't stand people freaking out yelling other people (me :D ) are n00bs and whatnot. This is why I'm actually enjoying Chivalry against all odds: relaxed people randomly screaming and fighting. Soooo good!
Also, I don't know anyone who'd appreciate a game like Dota2, so I'm alone in this... so no Dota2 for me!

As I said on the last page, yes. It's not a great Hitman game but it's a pretty good stealth game ironically enough distinguished because of the elements it keeps from the Hitman series. I put around 50 hours into it so it's still prone to experimentation and fun but just not as much as Blood Money or even Contracts.

Also, Gun Shop <3

Yondy604

Banned
The problem with the givers and takers list is that some people have given out a significant amount of games NOT using modbot.

So it's really hard to make tabs on those people (As an example, I have given out maybe 100ish dollers worth of giveaways in the last 3 days) through pms and minigames.

If it counts them also then it's good.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic Spinball -- MB-C2D0316854C5A104
Sonic Adventure DX -- MB-81FF818DEE995A54

Enjoy guys. :)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So many cards!

I love it. :)

Caerith

The givers/takers list is mostly to see who the top takers are so we can update our permablock lists. I'm curious to see who has broken 30 now without giving anything back.

Oh, so Valve put a tutorial in there? Good to hear that!
When I tried it, the menu screen was like barebone. Just pick a hero between hundreds and then you were supposed to be good to go...

I'd really like to try it harder, but I'm not that into PVP, because I can't stand people freaking out yelling other people (me :D ) are n00bs and whatnot. This is why I'm actually enjoying Chivalry against all odds: relaxed people randomly screaming and fighting. Soooo good!
Also, I don't know anyone who'd appreciate a game like Dota2, so I'm alone in this... so no Dota2 for me!

Playing DotA with friends it's a better experience than playing with random people especially if one of your friends already know how to play the game and give some tips for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom