• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that means I won't be able to experience the beginning of New Vegas without any prior knowledge of what will happen. I don't care if it's the first 5 seconds, a spoiler is a spoiler.

Overreaction much. Its that little of a spoiler that it was in the damn trailers

Nethaniah

So that means I won't be able to experience the beginning of New Vegas without any prior knowledge of what will happen. I don't care if it's the first 5 seconds, a spoiler is a spoiler.

My apologies then, at this point i'd have considered it common knowledge which was a mistake on my part.

marrec

Banned
I'm going to be honest fellow GAFfer, I once saw someone streaming this game with a relaxing voice and I was so hypnotized and calm... I don't know why but it felt like such a relaxing game to play.

That game is far from relaxing! You get fined for speeding, or running a red light, or hitting another vehicle. I was so far in the red from my first delivery that I needed to complete it in order to pay back all the debt I incurred from breaking laws.

That and the fact that backing into the delivery spot is one of the most difficult and reward experiences I've had in a game. I was on edge the entire time I was playing.

I'm thinking about picking up a wheel just for that game. It's got me man.

KarmaCow

If you want to be that pedantic, the title of the game is a spoiler since it mentions New Vegas.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I already own Fallout: New Vegas... If I purchase the Ultimate edition, how will that show up in my games library? As a separate title or what?

Gbraga

Agreed, they clearly made it that way to make an impact on the player. Not a game breaking spoiler, not enough to make anyone mad, maybe not even worth editing with a spoiler tag, but still a spoiler.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That game is far from relaxing! You get fined for speeding, or running a red light, or hitting another vehicle. I was so far in the red from my first delivery that I needed to complete it in order to pay back all the debt I incurred from breaking laws.

That and the fact that backing into the delivery spot is one of the most difficult and reward experiences I've had in a game. I was on edge the entire time I was playing.

Since it's Euro trucking I assume that I would have to drive on the wrong side of the road also huh? Sounds pretty fun though my Uncle is a trucker and I used to go on the road with him all the time.

Murrica-GAF reporting in.

nacimento

Since it's Euro trucking I assume that I would have to drive on the wrong side of the road also huh? Sounds pretty fun though my Uncle is a trucker and I used to go on the road with him all the time.

Murrica-GAF reporting in.

It's Euro Truck, not from that Island in the west.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Overreaction much. Its that little of a spoiler that it was in the damn trailers
Overreaction to you is a lesser than optimal experience to me. And I haven't watched any trailers, so that's not a valid excuse to me (and I would have been pissed anyway if a trailer spoiled something).

My apologies then, at this point i'd have considered it common knowledge which was a mistake on my part.
Don't worry, I can guess it's nothing important, and I know that I'm probably in the minority for being bothered by such a minor thing.

cicero

Unfortunately my thread regarding the spiderwebgames sale on humblebundle was washed away by the start of the steamsale. Thus, I'd like to give a few people to chance to play some of those wonderful games.

Thank you very much for Avernum: Escape From the Pit.

Overreaction to you is a lesser than optimal experience to me. And I haven't watched any trailers, so that's not a valid excuse to me (and I would have been pissed anyway if a trailer spoiled something).

Don't worry, I can guess it's nothing important, and I know that I'm probably in the minority for being bothered by such a minor thing.

Dude. Its a tiny, tiny, TINY piece of information in the grand scale of things that simply starts off the story. No way in any shape or form is it a spoiler what so ever. It is simply a story enabler.

Tomb Raider, yea or nay ?
Considering I pretty much hate cover based TPS, QTEs and getting the controls taken away from me, does the game offer anything "special" that might make it worth it ? I didn't like the Gears and Uncharted series, Uncharted was ok though because of the characters.

Hawkie

I'm in exactly the same boat as you on this one.

Tomb Raider, yea or nay ?
Considering I pretty much hate cover based TPS, QTEs and getting the controls taken away from me, does the game offer anything "special" that might make it worth it ? I didn't like the Gears and Uncharted series, Uncharted was ok though because of the characters.

Based on your criteria, you won't like it.

The_Monk

Well, that sounds normal to me. It's not like the game is the Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift fellow GAFfer.

Also, I agree with the GAFfer that said that this game is good to play while listening to a podcast. I mean I believe it must be good. Only watched some Streams.

Oh nice Screenshots from this game's demo RionaaM !

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dude. Its a tiny, tiny, TINY piece of information in the grand scale of things that simply starts off the story. No way in any shape or form is it a spoiler what so ever. It is simply a story enabler.
I get it, and you may be right. Why am I not allowed to voice my discontent with having been made aware of that tiny piece of information, anyway?

EDIT: maybe "allowed" isn't the right word. I should have asked why am I discouraged to do so.

Deques

More Nightsky?! What?

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nightsky #1 -- MB-34AEF0E795F0BF7E - Taken by DurielBlack
Nightsky #2- -- MB-68ED62816E6E5902 - Taken by Pupi18
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B5A58D4D0C383B2E - Taken by Fuu

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm a bit bothered too actually, but then again I barely watch any pre-release media for any games these days. I started playing Bioshock Infinite 99% blind and I'm loving being surprised by many things I assume were shown much earlier in trailers and such. Same for Spec Ops: The Line and others.

I get it, and you may be right. Why am I not allowed to voice my discontent with having been made aware of that tiny piece of information, anyway?

Nobody said you cant. You also cant expect any backlash after calling a guy for "Spoiling" your game when at the end of the day, it basically means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom