• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Since it's Euro trucking I assume that I would have to drive on the wrong side of the road also huh? Sounds pretty fun though my Uncle is a trucker and I used to go on the road with him all the time.

Murrica-GAF reporting in.

you do realise that only Britain does so, right?

KJ869

Im realy concidering getting the costume bundle for SSFIVAE any idea if the costume bundles have hit flash or dailies ever?

I get it, and you may be right. Why am I not allowed to voice my discontent with having been made aware of that tiny piece of information, anyway?

EDIT: maybe "allowed" isn't the right word. I should have asked why am I discouraged to do so.

Do you get discontent when you see trailers for Man of Steel and find out it's a movie about Superman?

Because that's basically all that post contained. The basic premise of the game. A trailer for the game would tell you as much.

mclem

Since it's Euro trucking I assume that I would have to drive on the wrong side of the road also huh? Sounds pretty fun though my Uncle is a trucker and I used to go on the road with him all the time.

Murrica-GAF reporting in.

EqPzsjZ.png

Fear not. In Europe, it's only those of is in the UK who stand up for truth, justice, and driving on the correct side of the road. See how everywhere else is red; red for wrong.

scotcheggz

Tomb Raider, yea or nay ?
Considering I pretty much hate cover based TPS, QTEs and getting the controls taken away from me, does the game offer anything "special" that might make it worth it ? I didn't like the Gears and Uncharted series, Uncharted was ok though because of the characters.

Yeh I'd probably skip it.

I have been playing it and getting on ok with it, but the camera makes me feel sick after a while, so I have to do short bouts. Anyone else get that? Mirrors edge is the only other game thats made me wanna puke.

marrec

Banned
Well, that sounds normal to me. It's not like the game is the Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift fellow GAFfer.

Also, I agree with the GAFfer that said that this game is good to play while listening to a podcast. I mean I believe it must be good. Only watched some Streams.

Oh nice Screenshots from this game's demo RionaaM !

I'm sure there are mods out there for it that make it Fast and Furious: Trucker's Delight or something.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that sounds normal to me. It's not like the game is the Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift fellow GAFfer.

Also, I agree with the GAFfer that said that this game is good to play while listening to a podcast. I mean I believe it must be good. Only watched some Streams.

Oh nice Screenshots from this game's demo RionaaM !
Glad to see you liked them :)

I'd pick it up if it were $5 or less, if only to travel down the highway under the pouring rain while listening to some Creedence.

cicero

That game is far from relaxing! You get fined for speeding, or running a red light, or hitting another vehicle. I was so far in the red from my first delivery that I needed to complete it in order to pay back all the debt I incurred from breaking laws.

That and the fact that backing into the delivery spot is one of the most difficult and reward experiences I've had in a game. I was on edge the entire time I was playing.

I'm thinking about picking up a wheel just for that game. It's got me man.
If it hits a sale again I'm buying..
I had no idea about this game, your description just sold me on it. Looks like Dunder still has at least one copy available.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69808886&postcount=12997

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I will also say this about Euro Trucking Brakes For No One, I find going in reverse to be improbable, unless it's straight back. Turning DOES NOTHING BUT BAD THINGS. POTATOES ON THE HIGHWAY.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks for the spoilers :/

So that means I won't be able to experience the beginning of New Vegas without any prior knowledge of what will happen. I don't care if it's the first 5 seconds, a spoiler is a spoiler.

It isn't a spoiler. It was used in the marketing of the game and during interviews circa its release was almost always brought up.

It's as much of a spoiler as learning the game takes place in an Apocalyptic Las Vegas.

People usually vote based on familiarity, not novelty.
Or was that sarcasm.

I've been voting based on games that I haven't tried yet, but would be willing to based on the proposed sale price. If I already own the game, I vote for the one I think other people would feel the exact same way about.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit bothered too actually, but then again I barely watch any pre-release media for any games these days. I started playing Bioshock Infinite 99% blind and I'm loving being surprised by many things I assume were shown much earlier in trailers and such. Same for Spec Ops: The Line and others.
Yup. I don't even know what the thing that everyone talks about the original BioShock is, and I plan on finding out myself when I reach that part.

I wish I hadn't been spoiled about MGS2, that way I would have been able to enjoy it a lot more than I already did (which still was a lot).

Gvaz

Banned
Mars War Logs is a decent pick up for $9. It seems like a cross between Rage and the Witcher 2. Played it for a bit last night and was really impressed as this is supposed to be from a very small team.

I felt like it was more like a better mass effect or kotor

marrec

Banned
I will also say this about Euro Trucking Brakes For No One, I find going in reverse to be improbable, unless it's straight back. Turning DOES NOTHING BUT BAD THINGS. POTATOES ON THE HIGHWAY.

I spent 20 minutes just getting the mechanics of backing into the designated spot perfect. I can do it now, but it's still a bit cock-eyed when I finish.

That extra EXP is worth it though. Gotta level up mah Trucker.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I'm going to be that slow driving trucker that everyone hates to get behind. It would be cool if the game had a CB radio type mechanic (maybe it does) where you could talk to other virtual truckers driving in your immediate area.

Fuck I want it so bad now, but I don't have funds in my paypal I only have Gaben dollhairs right now so I can't get it from the B/S/T thread post.

I get it, and you may be right. Why am I not allowed to voice my discontent with having been made aware of that tiny piece of information, anyway?

EDIT: maybe "allowed" isn't the right word. I should have asked why am I discouraged to do so.
I think it was a bit of an overreaction to the very start of a game that came out 3 years ago. You can't expect people to abide by someone wanting to go on complete blackout to a game forever y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom