• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still haven't spent any money because any deals that really interest me so far have either been votes that lost or flash deals I missed.

I so made a mistake starting off in Cardiff. FUCKING SPEED CAMERAS CAN EAT MY TRUCK.

OY! Watch youer mouth, boyo. WelshGAF is small but proud like!

Cardiff born and Cardiff bred and when i dies i'll be Cardiff dead.
They'll name a little plot in Splott in memory of Meeeeeeeeee!

Tidy.

:)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I did tally, from what I assume is the complete record from STEAM, that I've purchased about $650 in my time on Steam. Though I have 8 years on it, I didn't purchase something till 2009 (Aion). Pretty sure all the Half Life games I had already purchased in store, and assigned it to my steam name. 126 listed games, with 6 or 7 being what I'd call "Beta listings" (or duplicates, like I somehow have with GTA San Andreas).

General wastes of money (by buying full price at release):
Metro Last Light
Bioshock Infinite
Farcry 3
The Walking Dead
Dead Island

Now, I got Portal 2 PC with the PS3 game, and I have Sleeping Dogs listed as Free. Anyone remember a deal for it back in October 2012? Can't remember one. Maybe I got it with a video card purchase.

What's the deal with Age of empires HD? I remember hearing that it was a buggy mess at release, is it worthwhile yet?

Some bugs in it still. Scrolling left while in the tech tree corrupts the image, but is fixable if you scroll right back or you move the tech tree with the arrow buttons on the lower right (arrow buttons don't corrupt the image at all). The game lags when a Steam notification ("Friend" is now playing "Game") pops up, and if you're the host in an online game that notification causes a lag spike for everyone.

Other than that I haven't found any crazy bugs in the limited time I've been playing it. I've so far played a tiny bit of single player and a couple of 1v1 online matches.

Achievements are ridiculous, if anyone's interested in that aspect. Achievement descriptions are literally paragraphs sometimes, breaking the UI for them (hovering over them on the overlay, etc.), and there's an especially terrible set of achievements that involves 1,000 victories for each civ. I can't even begin to count how many hours you have to put into the game to get all the achievements.

The Steam community has really let me down with their Flash Sale voting.
So? You're not going to miss out on anything. Every game up for voting will be (or already had been) a daily or flash deal at some point. If Monaco is not voted here, it will be on sale tomorrow or the next day.

derExperte

That would be a cool feature, but it isn't in the game. The developers recently announced that they're working on a trucking MMO, so that would probably have some kind of voice chat.

A trucking MMO makes so much sense that I wonder why there isn't one already. World of Trucks.

ElRenoRaven

I don't have either of the Left 4 Dead games. Don't have anyone to play them with and one your own it's kinda boring.

Really Over? You don't play those? I'm always up for L4D 1 or 2. Granted I'm limited to weekends mainly due to working during the week but a couple hours on the weekends I'd certainly be up for. You're missing out not having those games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oops, I already had Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers. Unintentional and I feel stupid, sorry for nabbing it, Deques. I guess forgetting what games I already have means I'm too far gone in the Steam game...

Here goes. Thanks to Deques for this giveaway, not me:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B5A58D4D0C383B2E - Taken by Prophane33

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now, I got Portal 2 PC with the PS3 game, and I have Sleeping Dogs listed as Free. Anyone remember a deal for it back in October 2012? Can't remember one. Maybe I got it with a video card purchase.

It was bundled with select AMD GPUs as part of the Never Settle promotion.

Prophane33

That's it! Sold all my cards, I have no more games left to farm for drops. Made 17.49 Total. Managed to get Euro Truck 2, and Super House of Dead Ninjas and a couple cards I wanted leaving 4.52 in my steam wallet. I hope they add cards to a game or two that I own today.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
OY! Watch youer mouth, boyo. WelshGAF is small but proud like!

Cardiff born and Cardiff bred and when i dies i'll be Cardiff dead.
They'll name a little plot in Splott in memory of Meeeeeeeeee!

Tidy.

:)

It's not like I hate the place for real, I just forgot about the speed cameras. Which to be honest, I don't know if the games THAT deep (to have insane speed regulations in the UK, while being lax in the rest of Europe). Think I chose that place to start, because I remember that Doctor Who is filmed there.

It was bundled with select AMD GPUs as part of the Never Settle promotion.

That must have been it, I had gotten an AMD GPU in the summer, might have been able to tie it together with Sleeping Dogs.

Torraz

In my opinion, Witcher 1 is much more inferior to 2 in almost every way. However if you want to play it for lore/story then there's no harm.

Sorta agree. You'll definitely want to play 1 before 2, as 1 wil feel a lot more aged, after you have played 2.

Prophane33

Awwright! Gamersgate just started week 2 of their sale, can't beat The Walking Dead for $12.48, you just can't, and I won't believe you if you tell me otherwise.

Yanksfan

This. looks like a neat Indie game, but I've never paid more than 5 bucks for an indie game. Personally, I like to get them from bundles.

*groans* If it is worth the money being asked (whether it is $5, $20 or $50), why disregard it simply because it doesn't have a big name publisher pushing it?

Prophane33

*groans* If it is worth the money being asked (whether it is $5, $20 or $50), why disregard it simply because it doesn't have a big name publisher pushing it?

Usually -- and I'm making a broad generalization here -- the scope of big name publisher titles is greater than that of indie games. I know I sound like Joe Sixpack here, but I've never put as much time into an "indie" game as much as I have one with a "real" publisher (I'm counting Paradox as a real publisher here!).

Prophane33

Walking dead was on sale for like 6$ on steam no? Also it's been in a humble weekly >.<.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump i tried twice to do a giveaway for SMNC it's not working, did you ban it :(. It's fun though >:].

I replied to you earlier on this subject:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70587971&postcount=14837

- ModBot generated your giveaway this morning. If you did not receive a PM you can try generating a giveaway again with the same key.
- I can't troubleshoot issues unless you forward me the PM you sent ModBot.

12 Copies of MNC or SMNC have been given away in the last week. It is not "banned"

dorn.

So far this sale has been light on my wallet, only got Just Cause 2 and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3(which I kind of regret already).

It's pretty much a given that Sleeping Dogs will return as a daily deal right? Kind of pissed I missed it.

antitrop

Why what happened? I did not follow E3 much this year.
It just looked really rough and like development had barely even begun. Like "What has this guy been doing for ~9 months" and "Why would anyone want to play this instead of regular DayZ" and "Holy shit, they're still using Arma 2".

I'm sure it will be fine and people will still love it and it will be successful, but at E3 it looked like dogshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom