• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If your wanting to sell your cards I would HIGHLY advise doing so about a week or two AFTER the sale is over.

People will be wanting to craft badges and the market will rise again.

Over 150 for me, and it was Garry's Mod foil that I sold for under 50 cents.

Foils ain't shit, guys.

Buu.. Buu.. their shiny. Just like that Ken Griffey Jr. upper deck rookie card I desperately sought as a tween.

mclem

A trucking MMO makes so much sense that I wonder why there isn't one already. World of Trucks.

In the interests of promoting competition I suggest different factions.

Trucks vs. Delivery Bikes.

Trucks can be big and lumbering, able to take a lot of cargo, and, well, able to squash. Bikes small and nippy, not able to take large cargo (but fine with urgent missives, which the trucks are too slow to have), and can take shortcuts trucks can't.

marrec

Banned
In the interests of promoting competition I suggest different factions.

Trucks vs. Delivery Bikes.

Trucks can be big and lumbering, able to take a lot of cargo, and, well, able to squash. Bikes small and nippy, not able to take large cargo (but fine with urgent missives, which the trucks are too slow to have), and can take shortcuts trucks can't.

Alright, hear me out.

What if we had a Truck MMO, but instead of focusing on Deliveries, it was basically just Freelancer on the streets of Europe.

You CAN just do deliveries and make a decent living that way.

But you can also outfit your truck with Photon Torpedoes.

What'dya say?

liezryou

BE GONETH FROM MY INVENTORY U PLAGUE!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SMNC 3 -- MB-74833880EAD39442 - Taken by Pupi18
SMNC 2 -- MB-F53420678ACC3D12 - Taken by Jakfu
SMNC 1 -- MB-DD3F4E62E012B60C - Taken by dave is ok

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's okay, you can just pretend that you played it religiously back in the day and bought it for the sake of posterity. That makes you completely absolved from outward facing guilt of having no Steam gametime.
Oh, but I did play it a shitton back in the day!

guess that does point out that I should split and rename my backlog to something like:
  • Single player backlog
  • Multiplayer backlog
  • 2nd/3rd run backlog
  • I really should play these backlog
  • You will rot in here backlog
  • I don't remember buying you backlog
  • Red-headed stepchild backlog

shandy706

Awesome to hear.
Regardless of its alpha state, DayZ standalone is going to be an event.

I honestly lost all interest in DayZ after playing State of Decay. I'm sure it will pull me in to play it once it releases, but I have HIGH expectations content wise now. I intend to double dip on the PC, and can't wait for the MMO. I want to build bases, I want to rummage for food, set up defenses like mines and a watch tower, drive cars (in large numbers..as that would be realistic in towns), rummage for fuel, supplies, materials, etc.

I want to be able to board up a house, a farm, etc...and make it into a base with a group of friends who have to work with me to keep gas, food, and other things in supply to simply survive another day.

I have a feeling my expectations are too high now.

(PS. Where can I go for DayZ updates, are any of the above planned?)

mclem

Alright, hear me out.

What if we had a Truck MMO, but instead of focusing on Deliveries, it was basically just Freelancer on the streets of Europe.

You CAN just do deliveries and make a decent living that way.

But you can also outfit your truck with Photon Torpedoes.

What'dya say?

This is basically Elite with CB radios, isn't it?

I approve.

Tecl0n

I honestly lost all interest in DayZ after playing State of Decay. I'm sure it will pull me in to play it once it releases, but I have HIGH expectations content wise now. I intend to double dip on the PC, and can't wait for the MMO. I want to build bases, I want to rummage for food, set up defenses like mines and a watch tower, drive cars (in large numbers..as that would be realistic in towns), rummage for fuel, supplies, materials, etc.

I want to be able to board up a house, a farm, etc...and make it into a base with a group of friends who have to work with me to keep gas, food, and other things in supply to simply survive another day.

Some DayZ mods already let you some of that stuff, albeit very bugged but still.

...does State of Decay let you do all of those things?

And I would keep an eye on the official DayZ forums, as that seems to be were news is posted first.

antitrop

I played a bit of DayZ mod version, but State of Decay on Steam is what I'm really looking forward to.

What happened? I don't notice a difference.
Looks the same to me.

Martian

DayZ is awesome
No game has kept me at the edge of my seat as much as that game

Especially at the starting of a game, jumping out of your seat every time you hear anything
The world is so empty and full at the same time.
Great game

marrec

Banned
Looks like this hacker has been doing it to other website forums.

Found a security hole in some SQL file for whoever is hosting all these forums prolly.

DangerStepp

DayZ is awesome
No game has kept me at the edge of my seat as much as that game

Especially at the starting of a game, jumping out of your seat every time you hear anything
The world is so empty and full at the same time.
Great game
So ~$4 for Arma II is worth it?

I may bite...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Steam forums still exist? I thought they got replaced by the Community Discussions feature after the last hack. Forums suck I have no idea why anyone would run one.

People who use forums are basically troglodytes, too.

Literally only the lowest quality people post to message boards.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Euro Trucking 3: The Truckening better come with Truckstop Shower Number Ques and Greasy Truck Stop Restaurant food.

Haven't played enough, but I wonder if there are any random tire blowouts. The MMO could add on Sleepiness effects, that make the steering and vision go all screwy. Cause, that's real.

Could add on the Russian Mod, where intersections are No Stop zones, and you'll see random things happen like Jet Fighter's buzzing the road, random horse carts, meteor strikes. You know, things that are normal in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom