• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDSLKTR

Tomb raider is a flash or daily? I need to go get a steam card with eb games credit but I won't be able to until the sale today is over

Volotaire

ok cool will only get l4d2 then, thanks gaf.

WARNING:!!!!!!

I wanna buy either Left 4 Dead 2 or Killing Floor. I tried Killing Floor, as it's free right now, and it seems fun enough, but also maybe something that would become boring pretty soon unless played in a LAN environment with lots of beer.

It feels like a really polished mod from circa 2004, which it is, I guess, just not sure about the staying power.

How's L4D2? Any better?

Originally Posted by Volotaire

No point in l4D1, All l4d1 content has been brought into l4d2 now.

Moreover the community for L4D1 now is pitifully low compared to l4d2

And I will warn this to anyone planning on l4d2 online (the main component of L4d series):

The community sucks : very hostile , full of rage quitters and hostile to noobs. Best to play with friends to get experience and have fun.
Originally Posted by PetriP-TNT

I agree. Surprisingly shitty experience, I bought the bundle when it was on sale couple of months ago. Most of the times I would wait 15 minutes to find a game, just to be team killed by someone on purpose. I played it for like 10 hours and could finish only one or two games. The game itself was good but useless if not played with friends.

Volotaire

here should be a disclaimer in all steam threads just for this. I'm serious.

Because it's bad when you're new, really bad. It sucks.

And you're right about finding lobbies, if a team loses the first round, when one or two rage quit, everyone does, rinse and repeat for about 4 or 5 games, you've waited an hour for a proper game.

Best to join quick games, and even then, there will still be pubs, rages and all sorts.

The thing is, if you can get good or play with friends, it's an extremely satisfying game. One of my favourite multiplayer games.

I'm not understanding this part. How do you craft to the next level up? I have level 1 in Bioshock Infinite, Hotline Miami, and Walking Dead. What do I need to do to get to the next level badge?

stock-footage-mouse-on-exercise-wheel-endless-loop.jpg

Get back on dat wheel.

bengraven

Yeah and unfortunately you obviously get no more drops. So those 6-10 cards? You gotta buy or trade to get them again for the lvl 2 badge.

Edit: holy shit, they added LFD1 missions to LFD2? Characters and all? There's literally no reason to install LFD1 when you have 2?

I'm not understanding this part. How do you craft to the next level up? I have level 1 in Bioshock Infinite, Hotline Miami, and Walking Dead. What do I need to do to get to the next level badge?

Collect all the cards again

Exactly, collect all the cards again. Either trade within the community, purchase from the market or cross your fingers and pray for booster packs.

At least you can still earn new cards freely for the Summer badge buy voting.

Bought the Trine collection, Fez, Mark of the Ninja and Torchlight 2. I think I'm done. Although I am waiting for Rogue Legacy to get a bigger discount. Maybe it won't.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
PSA: Don't be a dick to an open source developer. That is all.

/rant

ElRenoRaven

Yeah and unfortunately you obviously get no more drops. So those 6-10 cards? You gotta buy or trade to get them again for the lvl 2 badge.

Edit: holy shit, they added LFD1 missions to LFD2? Characters and all? There's literally no reason to install LFD1 when you have 2?

Pretty much other then playing the original campaign as it was originally released with only the mechanics, special types, etc from it. Other then that there is no reason you need 1 anymore. The best part is this was all free for PC unlike for the Xbox version.

Anybody know if gamestop allows you to buy multiple copies of the same digital game? I have a few people trying to get 400 days but i want to be sure i can actually buy it for more than 1 person.

Slacker

Tomb raider is a flash or daily? I need to go get a steam card with eb games credit but I won't be able to until the sale today is over

Yesterday's daily, so will end in a few minutes.
To be clear it was the day-before-yesterday's daily deal, so it will end in a few minutes.

Ughh what to do?
Hopefully it'll be a flash sale if you can't get it in time. It's an awesome game.

I decided this as well. When I can finish a badge for like 50c and it increases my level of booster packs? Yes, please.

How do we speed up leveling though? I've been playing games all weekend and I'm still only lvl 10.

You can't. :( Also: buying games does NOT increase your level or xp. The 'number of games badge' does that, but that's really not worth it xp wise. You would be better off buying card sets and crafting badges at 100xp each, and one level past level 10 costs you two badges (150xp), and it goes up from there.

right now, level is badge crafting based only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom