• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorn

Come on folks! Vote for AssCreed 3! I really want to finish the desmond saga before 4 comes out. You guys scared me off from wanting to pay full price for the game even though i loved the series. :p

Seriously, you don't want to.

Look up the ending online and be glad you didn't spend hours playing the game to get to that point.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dishonored is bought.

I'm veeeeeeeery tempted with Reus...

Novacain

Is Knights of the Old Republic™ II worth it for someone who doesn't know a thing about the universe of Star Wars but love RPGs in general?

I'd say so, it's set thousands of years before the movies. They are great RPG's. Personally I like the original KOTOR a little bit more, but at that price, I'd say snag both.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
For those on ancient hardware considering buying Reus, be aware you need a DX10 card to run the game. It won't run at all on a DX9 card right now so they're currently rewriting their code to allow it, but that update won't be ready till September.

2. Your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements, most likely because it does not support the Highdef XNA minimum settings.
SOLUTION: I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait. :( Just know that Bas is working on this issue full time. The ETA of fixing this, to play it safe, is 3 months. To why this issue occurs, and what we're doing on fixing this, please continue reading!

The issue occurs because of the XNA minimum requirement sets. XNA has 2 possible configurations: HighDef and Reach. XNA rates your graphics card depending on which minimum set is met. The problem here is that we have pretty big textures (hundreds of animal animations, with different zoom levels), which is supported by almost any graphics card, but is above the Reach minimum.
Therefor, XNA will say you NEED the HighDef minimum, which means directX 10. So if your computer is super fine, and could easily run Reus, but doesn't support directX 10, XNA says that your game cannot run Reus.This is particularly frustrating for both you and for us, because we aren't exclusively using any directX 10 features!

Since XNA is being discontinued, our only solution is to, well, remove the whole XNA thing from Reus. Since it's the very core foundation of the game, we need to rewrite a whole load of code, in particular the content pipeline, but we'll probably encounter other XNA problems on the way. Fixing this just takes time, and to play it safe we'll just say it will take about 3 months. Probably less, but we don't know what we can encounter.

JUST KNOW THAT THE HARDCORE PROGRAMMERS ARE WORKING ON THIS EXCLUSIVELY TO FIX THIS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!! ANY OTHER PATCHES ARE MADE WITHOUT THEM!!
The only luck in this is that breaking XNA is also a big part of porting it to Mac and Linux, so those two things go hand in hand.

Any patches that might arrive before this is fixed are made by me (designer), artists and manuel (gameplay programmer), and are not at the cost of making this work as quickly as possible.

Hopefully this thread will increase your insight in the problem, and help relieve the frustration a little. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/222730/discussions/0/846954921977473461/

shandy706

I have these to trade.

Gratuitous Space Battles "Parasites"
Hitman: Absolution "Clean-up"

I want these summer giveaway cards...obviously not all of them for the above, lol. 1 for 1.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Kerbal Space Program
Prison Architect
Reus

Anyone willing to trade me?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey everyone just a heads up. Setting a custom background in Enhanced Steam is currently disabled while I deal with a particularly troublesome user. Anyone here yesterday will know which user I'm referring to.

If you guys want his Steam ID I can pass it along. :)
I was here yesterday and have no idea what are you talking about :/

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
And the backlog grows larger and larger. I don't know why I'm building a backlog when all I play is DOTA 2.

ymmv

Banned
Another time for good measure:

ReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReus!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

50% off!

Reus!

It's funny that when I read the title of the game I was wondering how it should be pronounced (Ruse? Ree-us?), before I realized that it must be the word "giant" in Dutch. And yes, it's a game by Dutch devs. Cool!

metalshade

Terraria is really pulling my attention, and it isn't the sort of game I usually go for, so that has me intrigued, but I know it is coming to Vita, and it just seems like that would be the perfect way to play such a game.
But it's so cheap, I could buy it with card money's and not spend a penny............but I know I wont play it, it will just go on my Steam backlog, whereas on my Vita I would actually play it..........

Link Man

Banned
Sorry, Toma, I think I'm gonna have to go with Dishonored this time. Quite enjoy a good stealth game, and the discount on Dust isn't quite enough.

Still hoping to see Anodyne in this sale sometime, and I do have a huge list of indies in my wishlist for the last day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The guy you mentioned yesterday is still at it? What the hell...

I'm wondering that myself.

I must have been sleeping due the different time zones fellow GAFfer.

What happened? Some user being rude? :(

There is a user that requested a feature that I didn't want to add. When I responded and told him that he was free to add the feature himself (because the software is open-source) he became quite rude and left a negative review on Google.

So this morning I caught him tampering with the database and have disabled access until it's sorted out. I've contacted his university. Sorry for the trouble everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom