• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogwai

Hmm, I can't figure out whether I should make the jump on Dishonored or not. It's a decent price, but I won't get time to play at the moment.

#firstworldproblems

The_Monk

Hey everyone just a heads up. Setting a custom background in Enhanced Steam is currently disabled while I deal with a particularly troublesome user. Anyone here yesterday will know which user I'm referring to.

If you guys want his Steam ID I can pass it along. :)

I must have been sleeping due the different time zones fellow GAFfer.

What happened? Some user being rude? :(

Sleazy that they include the Max Payne DLC in the complete package. You are better off buying Max Payne bundle at £2.49 and Max Payne 3 for £6.24 seperately. They're probably going to catch a lot of people out there.

Hasn't this game been £5 before though..? Feels like between EA going to 70% I'm paying more this sale than in previous sales. Beginning of the digital price hike monopoly?
Lowest Price: $17.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Low: $14.99 at GamersGate on Thu May 09 2013 (Info)
$7.50 in Get Loaded Go 2 for $15 deal.

FINALBOSS

Banned
iVbofpTOPK7fg.gif

Dishonored shall be mine! Maybe some other things too.

You took my advice!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Another time for good measure:

ReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReus!

screen1.jpg

It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

50% off!

Reus!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Vote Deus Ex. pls GAF.

Another lackluster day of dailies for me, oh well. Better luck tomorrow hopefully. Flash sale right now isn't too great either.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what the hell is BIT.TRIP Fate? Just when I think I'm out they keep dragging me back in
It's the 5th best Bit.Trip game (not counting Runner 2). You can't go wrong by picking it up, I guess. It's no Beat, Void, Runner nor Flux, but it's still good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
just realize I don't have that Deus Ex on steam. Must have played it on 360. Guess I can purchase it.

TUSR

Banned
For some reason I thought a previous daily for Bioshock was 60%, am I misremembering things?

Vote for Deus Ex please.

->
It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

Hmmm. Looks like I may have to get it. Sounds fun. You were right about FTL and Tiny and Big so...

RedSwirl

$25 is the lowest Assassin's Creed III is willing to go? WEAK. I was sure it'd go down to $15 since that's what it was during the Xbox sale. Is $25 all we're gonna get for this whole Steam sale?

So last sale I bought Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity but never played it.

I was planning on starting it soon and now I see Rebellion is $10.

Is it enough of an upgrade to justify getting it or should I just play Trinity?

Is there like an FAQ somewhere for these Steam cards.

These things don't make sense to me. I don't understand what they mean/are and why I would want them.

Tecl0n

So last sale I bought Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity but never played it.

I was planning on starting it soon and now I see Rebellion is $10.

Is it enough of an upgrade to justify getting it or should I just play Trinity?

Major thing, is it adds a new kind of ship, but most importantly many mods are now rebellion only.

Sullichin

Stop talking about the Metro Last Light 1 cent mishap. Still mad that my order got cancelled even though plenty of people who ordered after me got through :(

Off the top of my head I've bought....

Far Cry Blood Dragon
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Fallout 3 GOTY
System Shock 2
Dust
Shatter
Penny Arcade: the fourth one
ARMA II + expansions

Ok that's more than I thought. I should stop.

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
My wallet, it hurts so much.
Must... buy... more...

Reus
Dishonored
Dust
Natural Selection 2 (though I voted for Monaco)
Sanctum 2

My children might go hungry for the second half of the month, but at least we have videogames!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom