• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechazawa

Sweet buttery Jesus, Dawn of War II has a metric shit-ton of DLC.

I've got the GOTY version of the original DoW, but no idea where to begin with II. Any advice on what I should pick up?

Honestly, across all three DoWII games, I think the only thing that's supposed to be a notable piece of DLC is the Tau Commander for the Last Stand mode.

Nice deals today. I think it's finally time I buy Max Payne 3. Is it really 35 GB?
iXhB9Ky.png

Fucking Steam. I accidentally used my wallet funds (I was saving them to scoop up random cards) because Steam assumes every damn time that I want to pay with both my card AND my wallet funds, and this was the one time I forgot to change it.

Well... back to 0.00 I guess. At least Terraria was only like $1.20 this time >.>

*idles for cards*

Mupod

I think Deus Ex is 85% off because the Enhanced PC port from the WiiU version is coming out soon or whatever.

I must have missed the announcement that this was coming to platforms other than the Wii U. Kind of sad as a Wii U owner but...shit, I wasn't gonna buy it anyways, because 'fixed boss fights' won't justify downgraded controls and graphics compared to the PC version I got day 1.

Maybe when the new version comes out on PC I can finally finish the damn game too, instead of just replaying the first 1/3 over and over like every other Deus Ex game. Here's hoping it's available as cheap DLC.

For those on ancient hardware considering buying Reus, be aware you need a DX10 card to run the game. It won't run at all on a DX9 card right now so they're currently rewriting their code to allow it, but that update won't be ready till September.

:( I'll wait until the winter sale

What is up with the Top Sellers list? No disrespect to it, but I don't think Recettear is actually on top right now. Games I've never heard of for pages...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm so sorry to hear this fellow GAFfer.

Does the rest of the Community is aware of this? Sad to know I only know about this just now.

Some people are just too rude, I simply don't get them. I really do not.

I don't get it either. I'm stuck in a hard place. Either I give in to this user's demands (which is no guarantee he'll leave things alone) or I remove the feature all together. (No more custom backgrounds)

If anyone wants to leave a message on his wall (it's public) or possibly get his side of things, here is his Steam ID

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zr40

MechaX

Dust is essentially insta-bought because of it's Metroidvania style.

But Sins of a Solar Empire looks really fucking fascinating (I swear, after this Steam sale, I might get into RTS a lot more). Is getting Rebellion alone worth it, or should I drop money on the original as well?

Sweet buttery Jesus, Dawn of War II has a metric shit-ton of DLC.

I've got the GOTY version of the original DoW, but no idea where to begin with II. Any advice on what I should pick up?

You have Dawn of War II base game, the expansions Chaos Rising (needs DoWII base) and Retribution (this is a standalone exp). The expansions are pretty lengthy, so I'd say that you get them all. They are also all connected storywise (DoWII > Chaos > Retribution). Personally I prefer Chaos Rising, then Retribution/vanilla. Other DLC is unnecessary(?).

Something about Retribution that irked me. The store page says "players will be able to experience a single player campaign for any of the 6 available races." Well, you can play the campaign with six different races. But it's the exact same campaign (well the dialogue/cutscenes are different). The campaign is fun like the vanilla DoW2 and Chaos Rising, but I didn't feel like replaying it in order to experience the other races.

cicero

I'm wondering that myself.

There is a user that requested a feature that I didn't want to add. When I responded and told him that he was free to add the feature himself (because the software is open-source) he became quite rude and left a negative review on Google.

So this morning I caught him tampering with the database and have disabled access until it's sorted out. I've contacted his university. Sorry for the trouble everyone.
wow. Tampering with the database? I hope you take solace in the 99.9% of decent appreciative users out there who enjoy your hard work.

Do the first two Max Payne games still hold up?

MP1 is still enjoyable but it's a really hard game if you're used to hand holding and such, shootdodging isn't a smart move to do most of the time, your best friend is the roll and bullet time. Once you get used to it it's easy. Also, don't forget to quicksave, it's here for a reason.
MP2 is good and it's easier too so you can actually shootdodge like crazy and toy around with the physics of dead bodies. Mona Sax might piss you off.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was really hoping for the other Star Wars titles to go on sale as well.
Need the Jedi Knight Collection.
Same here. I was thinking on grabbing the franchise pack if it went on sale for 75% off.

And I'll ask again: should I grab all Disnohored DLC? Even the one that has all pre-order bonuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom