• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
What is up with the Top Sellers list? No disrespect to it, but I don't think Recettear is actually on top right now. Games I've never heard of for pages...

Well on one of the first days of these sales apparently the best selling game on Steam was the Duke Nukem strategy guide, so it's definitely glitched.

Fjord

Anyone for a sins of a solar empire fourpack? I can't believe how many of my steam friends have over a hundred hours into it. I loved the original, streamlined the genre in all the right places.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Blind bought Organ Trail. Any good?

Nothing else jumps out at those prices that I don't already own. Thoughts GAF?

ReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReusReus!

screen1.jpg

It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

50% off!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wow. Tampering with the database? I hope you take solace in the 99.9% of decent appreciative users out there who enjoy your hard work.

I do. Which is why I disabled database access for everyone for the time being, so this joker doesn't mess with the legitimate users who enjoy Enhanced Steam.

RetroMG

This is an important announcement: No matter how many steam games you may own, if you do not have Terraria, your collection is incomplete.

That is all.

Thank you.

Volotaire

Are there 3 other people that would be interested in Terraria 4-Pack?

I'm hosting one already , you want in

The UK price is cheaper

Quote for new page

I am now host as the package is cheaper in the UK by 10%!

Terraria 4 Pack!

1.Volotaire
2.LQX?
3.cicero

Are the expansions worth grabbing?

I played all of them.

Retribution is the one that stuck. I put in some serious time into MP as well.

It has the best gameplay, but worst story.

If you love warhammer, and you love a good story, get all of them.

Note, these RTS games are closer to an RPG where you lead around a team. Then you import in additional units. It's meant to be much faster paced.

If you want to play an aamzing RTS, get the original warhammer+all expansions. It's a bit dated, but I prefer it over Starcraft or Warcraft.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What was the feature he wanted?

He wanted a way to opt out of custom profile backgrounds. Not his, but everyone's. He said it confused him that someone could have a different background in the client and on the web.

fantomena

Are any of the Castle Crashers DLCs worth buying? Do they really contain something worthy or are they just something like costume packs?

Oublieux

Yea. They're fun games. I'm waiting for the 2nd to hit 20 or less. If it does (which looks doubtful) then it's mine this sale. If not then hopefully at winter it hits that range.

I'm hoping they'll be bundled or at least go as a franchise sale... I remember last winter the first game went down to 7.50? The sequel also got a chunk off but I think it was 25 at the time.

thecjm

I just tried to play the copy of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 I bought the other day and it won't run. Never even get to a loading screen. Oddly enough, I own #3 and it works fine. Any body else have this issue?

Aranath

I played all of them.

Retribution is the one that stuck. I put in some serious time into MP as well.

It has the best gameplay, but worst story.

If you love warhammer, and you love a good story, get all of them.

Note, these RTS games are closer to an RPG where you lead around a team. Then you import in additional units. It's meant to be much faster paced.

If you want to play an aamzing RTS, get the original warhammer+all expansions. It's a bit dated, but I prefer it over Starcraft or Warcraft.

You have Dawn of War II base game, the expansions Chaos Rising (needs DoWII base) and Retribution (this is a standalone exp). The expansions are pretty lengthy, so I'd say that you get them all. Personally I prefer Chaos Rising, then Retribution/vanilla.

Sounds good. I'll grab the three together. Thanks, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom