• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkie

People looking for "gifting" from other regions need to check the OP.

On that note, PM me for Dishonored requests £5.09 is the store price. DLC pack comes in at £4.97

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm trying to teach someone how to pronounce 'Reus' correctly.

Fellow DutchGAF help me out, can you think of an English word that sounds like 'Reus' (or any 'eu' word for that matter)?

Royce.

chugen

we were only 4 sellers for one of the organ card...2 of them at 20c

3Mvf1t0.jpg

Don't do this. Seriously. I had it work a number of times and thought I was clever. And then I kept doing it with various cards thinking I would continue to work my magic, but the level of stupid is too much to beat with rational strategy. They will bottom out the market with stupidity and you will be left holding a bag filled with expensive mistakes. I actually had this work jacking up the price of numerous $2 cards to the $4-5 range, I think it was this early success in the trading beta that made me make too many other longshots in the face of growing stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of the stupidity of mob rule.

Seriously - you're trying to jack up the price of an intangible item with no inherent value, and you're calling the people selling it lower stupid?

*smh*

marrec

Banned
Seriously - you're trying to jack up the price of an intangible item with no inherent value, and you're calling the people selling it lower stupid?

*smh*

The only value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Clearly there is a market for the cards at a higher price than they are at now, but the market is too flooded for there to be any stable price above the absolute rock bottom.

For anyone complaining about not making enough money on cards, just buy them for 10 cents and way to your investment to quadruple once the sale is done.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
i don't understand all of you guys trying to sell cards when the games are on sale and everyone is trying to do the same thing. wait for the end of the sale and the rush to die down

Tellaerin

i don't understand all of you guys trying to sell cards when the games are on sale and everyone is trying to do the same thing. wait for the end of the sale and the rush to die down

Probably because the sales are on now and they're trying to get up money to put towards more games, I'd imagine.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played Deus Ex 1 before, that's pretty high on my wall of shame. Especially as a PC gamer.
Oh, you're in for a treat once you do. It blew my fucking mind, definitely one of my favorite games ever.

I played it for the first time this year.

Is Castle Crashers worth bothering with if only playing singleplayer?
Lots of people seemed to enjoy it in SP and co-op, but I found it to be a poor beat 'em up in all regards. It was very strict with aligning yourself to enemies to register attacks, enemies never had a great sense of being defeated; meaning I'd routinely juggle someone and intentionally drop them because I didn't know if I had already killed them and the game's just gonna let you keep going, and it has an RPG level and stats persistence throwing any challenge out the window.

I loved Max Payne 1 and 2.

Will I like 3? The reason I never bought the game was because from all the videos I saw it didn't "feel" like a Max Payne game.

What say you GAF?

mclem

Hmmm. Enhanced Steam doesn't seem to be working with the Dawn of War Franchise Pack. I know I've got some components, but nothing's showing up in green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom