• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well, we all know what the next Enhanced Steam feature has to be. A button that pronounces the game's name for you.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
And Im officially broke.
KuGsj.gif

cicero

Seriously - you're trying to jack up the price of an intangible item with no inherent value, and you're calling the people selling it lower stupid?

*smh*
I was buying up cards listed by people who were undercutting me. Yeah, it is "stupid" to list a card at 50% below what the cards were currently SELLING at. Multiple people buying at $4-5 just an hour or so earlier, then they list multiple copies at $2? That is DUMB.

BadAss2961

I loved Max Payne 1 and 2.

Will I like 3? The reason I never bought the game was because from all the videos I saw it didn't "feel" like a Max Payne game.

What say you GAF?
Atmosphere and "feel" isn't quite as good, though MP3 has a bit of its own style.

MP3's gameplay and mechanics however are unmatched.

Will I like 3? The reason I never bought the game was because from all the videos I saw it didn't "feel" like a Max Payne game.

What say you GAF?
As a game it feels like a truly worthy successor to Max Payne's legacy. But the characters, writing, and plot are distinctly Rockstar, so the general tone of the game feels a lot different and they'll shove lots of cutscenes your way.

Digoman

A day of very good games.

Dishonored has it's flaws and can get very easy, but it's a huge step in the right direction for stealth games (the way you should play it) with big levels and multiple paths. I enjoy it, and the The Knife of Dunwall DLC very much.

Dust battle system isn't complex, but it does have good controls, incredible art, awesome music, and the most important part, it's a joy to play. Even if you dislike the fury style, highly recommended. Go buy it, then sell cards very cheaply because I will probably want to craft that badge.

Mupod

Oh, you're in for a treat once you do. It blew my fucking mind, definitely one of my favorite games ever.

I played it for the first time this year.

funny thing about deus ex is I've easily put 50+ hours into the game over the years, yet I've never finished it. It's so long that I always get sidetracked by something else, and when I come back I always want to play those awesome first few levels again. But I've never felt that it aged poorly.

jtb

Banned
sins of a solar empire: rebellion comes with all the content from the previous iterations of the game, right?

any good? And the base engine is old as hell, so it should scale pretty well I assume?

Cheddahz

Banned
Since you beat it recently, would you recommend it to someone who's been waiting since launch to play it, but can't convince himself to buy at this price?

I found it a lot of fun to play, the gameplay style is alot like Deus Ex and Thief, where the game is pretty linear, but there are multiple ways to complete objectives. The design of the game is very well done as well, as the lead designer from Half Life 2 designed the game

If you've played the original Deus Ex or you like games you can replay over again just to see what would happen if you did an objective a certain way, it's worth your ten bucks for sure

What say you GAF?

If you like the gunplay of MP1 and 2 you will LOVE MP3. But if you only played MP1 and 2 for the story... then dont think about getting MP3.

What say you GAF?

Huge MP fan here, but disliked MP3 a lot. Fucking Housers made a Man on Fire the game out of it. Lots of color distrortion, floating words, comic cutouts, cutscenes, cutscenes, cutscenes, cutscenes, loooooots of cutscenes, mostly unskippable, bad story and characters, Max just won't shut up. Literally no charm of the original was left, and the presentation gets in the way of the otherwise great gunplay. 'Cause the gunplay is dope, but alas everything else isn't. Couldn't finish it.

Petrie

Banned
You find it strange? So you enjoy market crashes and not making more money? I find you strange. You are clearly an enemy of capitalism.

These people are practicing capitalism. Unlimited supply of a free product is going to drive prices into the ground.

I find complaining about free money strange.

Gbraga

What say you GAF?

Fantastic gunplay if you can stand the ridiculous amount of unskippable cutscenes.

If the reason you loved MP1 and 2 was the gameplay, you'll have a blast, if you didn't care a lot about the gameplay and was more into the atmosphere, I don't think you'll like it as much.

Megasoum

Banned
Well, we all know what the next Enhanced Steam feature has to be. A button that pronounces the game's name for you.

And a button that pronounce Saoirse Ronan's name lol.

Seriously, you need to forward to her imdb page when you do the konami code or something hahaha.

HoosTrax

Lots of people seemed to enjoy it in SP and co-op, but I found it to be a poor beat 'em up in all regards. It was very strict with aligning yourself to enemies to register attacks, enemies never had a great sense of being defeated; meaning I'd routinely juggle someone and intentionally drop them because I didn't know if I had already killed them and the game's just gonna let you keep going, and it has an RPG level and stats persistence throwing any challenge out the window.
Ah thank you, finally a good thorough analysis.

Sounds like something I might hold off on and look for a future sale on. Or maybe get it at the end during recap day if I manage to blow through the games I've already bought. Finished Runner 2 and got through most of Ys I+ already.

As a game it feels like a truly worthy successor to Max Payne's legacy. But the characters, writing, and characters are distinctly Rockstar, so the general tone of the game feels a lot different and they'll shove lots of cutscenes your way.

My issue after looking at the videos was it seriously looked like Red Dead Redemption set in Max Payne world.The lack of neo noir style is a bit of a bummer.

I'll purchase it and give it a try.

If you like the gunplay of MP1 and 2 you will LOVE MP3. But if you only played MP1 and 2 for the story... then dont think about getting MP3.

See, the story and the way the story was told in 1 and 2 are huge reasons why I loved that game. Now I'm having doubts. :p

You know, that's true. The bonus stuff will probably make the game easier, so I'd better skip that.

I won't be able to resist the other 2 pieces of DLC, though. The funny thing is, I haven't even started the game yet. Not once.

Same with Rage. I want to get the DLC when it's a daily, and I still haven't played the base game.

That's my case (with Rage) I'm wating for the DLC to be cheaper, and still haven't played it lol

And yes, with the preorder bonuses would make the game easier so avoid that! :)

ttocs

Since I'm playing through KOTOR on my iPad I figured I should at least pick up KOTOR 2 on the PC so I can play it when I finish KOTOR 1 for the upteenth time now.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Like Deus, but with an R.

That is far off, but I'm struggling to find an English equivalent. The proper pronunciation of the ieur in monsieur is pretty good, or the ö sound in German, but English...wracking my brain.

Dec

How is Spellforce? Tempted to grab it.

I really enjoy Spellforce. The second one anyways, never played the first.

It's like Baldur's Gate then all of the sudden "We have to take back this town". Then it turns into an RTS with base building and shit loads of units.

HoosTrax

I'm a little concerned by the fact that of the people on my FL who owned Reus previously, none of them put more than 3-4 hours into the game...

Not sure what that says about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom