• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

I've made a huge mistake: my paypal is empty and I haven't picked up Dust or Reus yet. Anyone care to gift me either for a UPlay (NOT Steam) copy of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon? (Also have Steam gifts: Hitman: Blood Money, Surpreme Commander 2, Counter Stike and Left 4 Dead 2). It takes about 2-3 days to put money on it again.

BadAss2961

My issue after looking at the videos was it seriously looked like Red Dead Redemption set in Max Payne world.The lack of neo noir style is a bit of a bummer.

I'll purchase it and give it a try.
It's still there, just in bits and pieces.

Max Payne 3 leans more towards Man on Fire in its presentation. It's a bit of a departure, but still great in its own right.

Salsa

Max Payne 3 also on my 2012 GOTY list with a mini-review

4 - Max Payne 3;

Yes it has flaws that we've all discussed (specially the unskippable cutscenes), some of wich are baffling, but i'll be damned if it isnt the best-playing third person shooter ive ever played. The gunplay is INSANE. Euphoria/RAGE shining more than ever. The hit detection, the animations, the movement. Everything flows together in an honestly.. surprising fashion. It's one of the best looking games ive played when it comes to seeing it in motion. The story is your usual Rockstar business without much deviation, but the focus on style and visual presentation really makes it work. Michael Mann is clearly the biggest influence here and even when everyone complaints about "movie-like" games I think this is how you do them right. Replace QTEs and cinematic camera angles with gameplay that feels in line with what you'd expect out of an action film without losing control over the character. I know Max Payne has always been about this (with the noir focus, slow-mo, etc) but I feel like they really went for it here, with the OST and all. TEARS kicking in on that airport shootout is something that could perfectly belong in a movie, yet it works so, so well in this game that its one of my highlight gameplay moments this gen. Best soundtrack of the year as well btw.
A lot of people complained about the cover mechanic and how it didnt play like previous Max Payne games but im dead honest when I tell you that I played it on the hardest difficulty while taking cover maybe ONCE. Mouse & keyboard probably have something to do with it, but it was all about jumping forward in slow motion while getting as many headshots as possible before hitting the ground, like it always has been, and it felt better than ever.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Portal 2

Now... I see lot's of 2.99 and 3.99 but I can get them all.

To the Decision Capsule!
Nice! Great choice, sir.

If you ever feel a desire to play the co-op campaign with a fellow GAFfer, know that I am available and willing to do so. Just tell me "Dude, Portal 2" and I'll immediately drop whatever it is I'm doing at the time and launch the game.

I loved Max Payne 1 and 2.

Will I like 3? The reason I never bought the game was because from all the videos I saw it didn't "feel" like a Max Payne game.

What say you GAF?
I am a huge MP fan, and loved MP3. So yeah, I think you'll be able to enjoy it.

And for the record, I also thought it didn't feel like a proper Max Payne game before playing it. But it does. In it's own way, but it does.

Waiting for Terraria's last card to drop so I can list it for sale, and then idle Killing Floor and go do some studying, all the while hoping to gather £0.88 by selling all of the 10 cards I've listed so I can buy Lost Planet 2.

How have the mighty fallen.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

I've made a huge mistake: my paypal is empty and I haven't picked up Dust or Reus yet. Anyone care to gift me either for a UPlay (NOT Steam) copy of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon? (Also have Steam gifts: Hitman: Blood Money, Surpreme Commander 2, Counter Stike and Left 4 Dead 2). It takes about 2-3 days to put money on it again.

I'd happily trade for a bunch of trading cards if you have them?

cicero

Clive Barkers "Jericho" and Legendary for 1.24$ each....I'm in heaven.
If you are a fan of Clive's games, you might be interested in this from the GOG thread. No, this doesn't activate on Steam, it is just a great price for a great game.

Classic Gem Promo: Clive Barker's Undying. 60% off ($2.39). The offer lasts until Tuesday, July 16, at 9:59AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/news/classic_gem_promo_clive_barkers_undying

I just bought this game at 50% ($2.99) just a week or so ago during the big sale. It is definitely worth the price, I would jump on it today!

liezryou

Anyone waiting for an Alan Wake sale? I got a spare copy of Alan Wake Collector's Edition and Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Basically the Franchise on steam) that i am willing to let go for ridiculously cheap.

No like seriously, I'll give it to you for castle crashers or something.

Apdiddy

Today is epic Steam-ness. Our Lord Gaben has been kind.

Reus at $5, Dust: An Elysian Tail at $7.50, Dishonored for $10. Oh yeah, and Mirror's Edge as a flash deal.

Although Natural Selection II winning the community poll is unfortunate (just not my thing).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Has anyone played Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition, Grand Ages: Rome or CivCity Rome? Looking to buy one of those.

Mordeccai

Ok, my budget is extremely limited. I have 12.75 left to buy stuff with this sale. Is Reus worth 5 of those? It looks pretty damn cool.

Guys vote Deus ex!

And buy terraria,its an amazing game ^^

Done and done.

Does this iteration of the former have the boss battle issues that console gamers had?

That is far off, but I'm struggling to find an English equivalent. The proper pronunciation of the ieur in monsieur is pretty good, or the ö sound in German, but English...wracking my brain.

'Royce' is quite close but 'Ray-us' is so very not :).

chronomac

Anyone have a link to that database that has every game's trading cards, wallpapers and badges? Apparently, I'm an idiot and can't find it.

Miletius

Dishonored and Organ Trail for me today. Still iffy on NS2. If it's MP only I don't think I'll play that often, even though it looks like sweet old school AvP action.

You find it strange? So you enjoy market crashes and not making more money? I find you strange. You are clearly an enemy of capitalism.

Capitalism is a social system based on the principle of individual rights. Politically, it is the system of laissez-faire (freedom). Economically, when such freedom is applied to the sphere of production its’ result is the free-market.

So really, you are against capitalism, because you are trying to dictate what others should do within a free market.

Why are YOU an enemy of capitalism is the better question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom