• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only games I really wanted to get during the summer sale were Sonic racing transformed and Dishonored. Got sonic racing during the -75% off weekend and I have bought so many games by now that I probably won't even get to Dishonored before the next sale, so I'm better off just waiting with buying that one. Steam sales are fun.

Inversive

Is there any downside to only getting DoW2 Retribution? Like missing factions from skirmishes or whatever? Good deal for Deus ex, i'll bite, though the community sucks so that's Ass 3 as the deal then.
Also that Natural selection game look pretty wierd, an FPS/RTS blend, anyone recommend it?

Jafku

Ok bought Castle Crashers and Dust. Unfortunately this is the end of the sale for me as I am broke and don't get paid till next month :(
In total,
Sonic
HL2
Bastion
Dust
Castle Crashers
Also all of this was bought with the money I got from card sales except for Dust. I had to pay $3 from my bank account.

Salsa

also, the Deathmatch in Heaven Max Payne 3 DLC is actually a co-op campaign. Or rather; you and a friend against waves kinda thing.

ss_210d460f0a552afc9abb1e8784e2e43dc25d0170.1920x1080.jpg

If you are a fan of Clive's games, you might be interested in this from the GOG thread. No, this doesn't activate on Steam, it is just a great price for a great game.

Thank you sir. Officially bought! Why people hating on Legendary and Jericho? They're awesome horrendous games. Those titles are mad fun...To me :)

Edwardo

Any recommendations for a good simulation game similar to Civ? Any setting works fantasy/space/whatever. The more depth the better. With my luck something good will have already gone on sale haha. Thanks.

Just gonna ask again. Got lost in the posts last night.

tjohn86

Aw, don't be that guy. They've supported the shit out of Killing Floor since 2009. All the major content additions have been free since forever.

They never really discount the DLC which screws people who have been supporting and playing their game since 2009.

Its often cheaper to buy the complete pack than to even get a few DLC items.

The only games I really wanted to get during the summer sale were Sonic racing transformed and Dishonored. Got sonic racing during the -75% off weekend and I have bought so many games by now that I probably won't even get to Dishonored before the next sale, so I'm better off just waiting with buying that one. Steam sales are fun.

Dude Transformed is such a good kart racer. Very happy seeing more and more people get into that game.

Is there another shop that sells the Walking Dead DLC for 2,49$? I tried to buy it with a VPN right now, but it still somehow knows I am trying to buy it from Germany.

Tried it with openvpn, Tunnelbear and Hotspotshield so far... :(

Parallacs

The people complaining about the card prices constantly being undercut and bottoming out have probably not played many MMOs.

Trying to get everyone to behave and keep the price high is called a Syndicate. This only works if you can go around and break people's kneecaps when they misbehave. Since this is online, this isn't possible (thankfully).

Trying to buy out the cards in an attempt to corner the market is also a bad idea. Perhaps it is possible with foils. The main issue is that new ones are generated every second. The price will always drop.

When I played WoW, the best sellers were the ones willing to undercut the price to 50% or even 40% of the average value. You get your item sold and your competitor gets nothing. There is a reason my bank alt was kept a secret from everyone, even my own guild.

Mordeccai

Capitalism is a social system based on the principle of individual rights. Politically, it is the system of laissez-faire (freedom). Economically, when such freedom is applied to the sphere of production its’ result is the free-market.

So really, you are against capitalism, because you are trying to dictate what others should do within a free market.

Why are YOU an enemy of capitalism is the better question.

You caught me. I am actually Stalin in disguise.

Now go eat potatoes and vodka while I price fix this market to maximize my profits.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
funny thing about deus ex is I've easily put 50+ hours into the game over the years, yet I've never finished it. It's so long that I always get sidetracked by something else, and when I come back I always want to play those awesome first few levels again. But I've never felt that it aged poorly.
Oh no, that's a shame. I hope you can finish it someday, it's totally worth it.

I put almost 40 hours in it and it still didn't feel long to me. Lots of replayability value too. It was the best $2.5 I've ever spent, no kidding.

The soundtrack is... nah, I can't describe it, you gotta listen for yourself.

Dude Transformed is such a good kart racer. Very happy seeing more and more people get into that game.

Oh, I know, I'm in love with that game. Wanted to get it for a long time but was waiting till the next time it was on sale to get a 4-pack. My brother loves it too, but my friends who got the other copies not so much, unfortunately :(

Nabs

Is there another shop that sells the Walking Dead DLC for 2,49$? I tried to buy it with a VPN right now, but it still somehow knows I am trying to buy it from Germany.

Tried it with openvpn, Tunnelbear and Hotspotshield so far... :(

You're not using a VPN to buy things on Steam, right?

You caught me. I am actually Stalin in disguise.

Now go eat potatoes and vodka while I price fix this market to maximize my profits.

Now we're talking. Let's go do some honest to goodness price fixing, get some old dried out fish and a bottle of vodka and let's make this a party!!! Who's got the solo cups? What color? RED OF COURSE.

Salsa

I kinda sorta (not really) wish I had bought Ass Creed III during the GMG sales

tho im guessing it didnt activate on Steam?

DirtRiver

also, the Deathmatch in Heaven Max Payne 3 DLC is actually a co-op campaign. Or rather; you and a friend against waves kinda thing.

Is it good, and can it be played singleplayer? As a metric to decide if it's good, do you think it's worthy of having to download that beast of a game again? I loved Max Payne 3 and am in dire need of some more of that Euphoria goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom