• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampinha

Should i pick up KSP? I played one of the free version a while back and liked it, but i don't know if i'd stick with it long enough.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Math is in:
BU8gmqz.png

EDIT: Holy shit, never heard of this game it actually looks amazing. Bought.

Looks amazing, plays horrible.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Considering what I've spent $1.74 on before, I'm not upset.

I might even argue that $1,74 is good value for just experiencing games like this. Too bad it didnt play better though.

Is Terraria supposed to be a 2D Minecraft, complete with absolutely no crafting guide? I want to make something better than copper weapons.
I found the Minecraft comparisons inaccurate, I mean yes you have a building system and every square of the world is destructible. But where I couldn't stand to play Minecraft for very long due to my childhood of playing video games and watching TV reducing my imagination to a shriveled husk, I had lots of fun playing Terraria in co-op. Where Minecraft feels like an open sandbox to do whatever you want in, Terraria is more a large generated world that still has a structure of goals in mind. In fact, my friend and I did almost no building in Terraria at all other than setting up a home spawn for NPCs, the rest of it was exploring, discovering dungeons, getting loot, and so on.

chronomac

The only two things keeping me away from Dust: 1. My laptop might not be able to run it. 2. The art style is borderline creepy. It's just unpleasant to me.

Toma

So it's a good buy?

Did you finish the game?

EDIT: hmm, Battlefront 2 for € 3, tempting

I finished Kotor2, its great game as well. Considering the quality of other games that came afterwards, the problems people had with it are really just nitpicking. Its still a good game.

Which game is better, Reus or Natural Selection 2? Or should I try to get more so I could (possibly) get Kerbal?

Reus :)

Gregorn

Everyone saying how horrible AC3 is is going to make people curious to play it, and then come back to say it's not as bad as they expected.

Mordeccai

Bought my third game of the sale, Reus. My heart with happiness filled once pushed purchase button.

To make my brain excitation in this manner, it produce good feelings.

M.D

Is there a quick way to gain levels on Steam? I want to get to level 5 for a chance to win that community choice card

mrgone

Is Terraria supposed to be a 2D Minecraft, complete with absolutely no crafting guide? I want to make something better than copper weapons.

There's a bunch of info at http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Recipes

It tells you which ingredients you need in the table, and if you click on the item title it tells you which crafting station you need to assemble them.

I think the Guide (who's always getting himself killed) will tell you what you can build with each ingredient, too

edit: More detailed guide from the wiki http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Crafting

Grief.exe

4 Player Castle Crashers GAF game

FxcdK.png

Starts at 4:15 PM Pacific 7/17. Have Mumble installed

1. chronomac
2. Grief.exe
3. bakeray
4. ??

Everyone saying how horrible AC3 is is going to make people curious to play it, and then come back to say it's not as bad as they expected.

ibfFGHb7K0bvAh.png

No one is going to buy it at that price though

think my reply got lost but I said I'd play too, added you both on steam.

It did get lost in the shuffle, I got you now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom