• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Should i pick up KSP? I played one of the free version a while back and liked it, but i don't know if i'd stick with it long enough.

I haven't had the game for long, but buy it. Its different and interesting. And there is a certain level of frustration and satisfaction that you experience with the game.

H3xum

Certainly better then supporting a dick like Phil fish.

Wow.

Why would you say that as if you know the dude. I'm not going to go into this again since it has happened about 20 times in this thread (once by me earlier today) but people really ought to just stop making those comments

Bored of waiting for something I want. Bought something not daily.

Got burnt on Binding of Isaac last time (it was in the last flash sale). Willing to get burnt again.

How does one get an invite into the GAF Steam group? I primarily game on my PS3 but with all of these great coop/multiplayer games I have picked up- I need some friends, damnit.

I found the Minecraft comparisons inaccurate, I mean yes you have a building system and every square of the world is destructible. But where I couldn't stand to play Minecraft for very long due to my childhood of playing video games and watching TV reducing my imagination to a shriveled husk, I had lots of fun playing Terraria in co-op. Where Minecraft feels like an open sandbox to do whatever you want in, Terraria is more a large generated world that still has a structure of goals in mind. In fact, my friend and I did almost no building in Terraria at all other than setting up a home spawn for NPCs, the rest of it was exploring, discovering dungeons, getting loot, and so on.

Where can I find these goals per chance? I only messed around for a bit but I didn't see any sort of objective list or mission structure.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
AC3 is a great game, No clue why so many people hate it

But it's not. I got it for free from the xbox live china error, and didn't really enjoy it at all. Pretty forgettable experience, very boring characters except for Haytham, or whatever his name was.

tickling

Banned
Please bear in mind Im coming back to PC gaming and gaming again in a big way. My damage so far: -

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Killing Floor
Max Payne Bundle
Mass Effect
Tomb Raider Collection
Torchlight II
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
System Shock 2
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Football Manager 2013™
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition
Bastion
Thomas Was Alone
Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hotline Miami
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command
Sonic Hits Collection (got just before the sale in the price glitch)

All in all less than £70 bought that!!!

Deitus

kKQyCSl.jpg

Holy shit, where is that from? Were they actually reviewing a game that was the polar opposite of AC3 in every way?

Everyone saying how horrible AC3 is is going to make people curious to play it, and then come back to say it's not as bad as they expected.

Tis the circle of life.

HYPE
GOAT
It's awesome, but has these flaws
Getting tired of X being used Y times
It's ok, but I think I got too hyped
What is this overhyped garbage?
You're a bad person if you like this game
Hey, this is on sale, why did people say this was bad?
Sleeper hit?
Cult classic, actually
Hey, it was my GOTY, I knew it was good all along

Smash88

Banned
So you guys think Assassins Creed 3 isn't worth $24?

I guess I'll wait it is a bit high for not being Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, or Bioshock Infinite.

Where can I find these goals per chance? I only messed around for a bit but I didn't see any sort of objective list or mission structure.
There are no explicit quest logs or anything, but there is a progression with enemies, gear, and populating the world with different areas and enemies. You could spoil it with wiki reading, but just exploring it for yourself is pretty rewarding, or having a friend more experienced with it to play along with you.

Tomodachi

Terraria cards are already so worthless that for the first time I won't bother with selling them, I'll just grab the ones I'm missing, craft a badge and get to level 14.

MikeDown

Banned
This your first sale? Always been like this.
As far as actually purchasing does yeah. I was under the impression though that community and flash deals would be a little more deserve. BSI for example has been in some deal or an other for most the sale.

Caerith

The only two things keeping me away from Dust: 1. My laptop might not be able to run it. 2. The art style is borderline creepy. It's just unpleasant to me.
When I see the art style, I don't see furries. I see this:

6fIgNoo.jpg

I feel sorry for anyone who can't look at this:

pwA6aRL.jpg

... without seeing a penis.

Lingitiz

I've always heard that KOTOR II wasn't as good as the first one.

I also heard that there was a lot of modding so that the game got the ending it deserved.

How's the current state of it?

Wrote up a LTTP the other day. KOTOR 2 is amazing with the restored content mod and widescreen patch.

Mordeccai

I just read your tag. :-/

Moral of the story, do not make drunk posts at almost 4 AM, especially in threads about confessions. Especially. Not. About. Confessions.

That night I was doing shots of whiskey chased by shots of pickle juice. Dangerous combination that one.

NIGHT-

How likely is it that Dishonored will have GOTY version? I'm way too OCD about things like that but feel like I have to have the "complete" version

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Please bear in mind Im coming back to PC gaming and gaming again in a big way. My damage so far: -

All in all less than £70 bought that!!!

Everyone's first sale is like that. I think I spent $180-200+ during the black friday sale and the winter sale. Thankfully, this time around, I have only spent $22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom