• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for anyone who can't look at this:

pwA6aRL.jpg

... without seeing a penis.

Thanks, you ruined art for me.

Socreges

Banned
Tis the circle of life.

HYPE
GOTY??
*mysterious embargo*
*game releases*
Hmm, so many flaws...
Getting tired of X being used Y times
What is this overhyped garbage?
You're a bad person if you like this game
Hey, this is on sale, why did people say this was bad?
*purchases*
*two hours later*
Ehh, it's not the worst game ever, but I think I'll stop playing now.
Fixed for AC3 accuracy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So you guys think Assassins Creed 3 isn't worth $24?

I guess I'll wait it is a bit high for not being Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, or Bioshock Infinite.
I enjoyed the game enough despite its shortcomings and I don't think it's worth it at that price.

There are no explicit quest logs or anything, but there is a progression with enemies, gear, and populating the world with different areas and enemies. You could spoil it with wiki reading, but just exploring it for yourself is pretty rewarding, or having a friend more experienced with it to play along with you.

Sounds like I'll be exploring later on tonight then, most likely while I wait for the 2:00 AM deals.

xDEKOIx

Here's some more games for you guys!
If anyone wants to help me out with trading me Dust, I'll give you Mars: War logs and Hotline Miami ;p

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-42021C780B44492B - Taken by Mugatu
Eador: Masters of the Broken World #2 -- MB-D3562B629E70A5E0 - Taken by Apostate
Eador: Masters of the Broken World #1 -- MB-90DF7837DB7F558F - Taken by Wurst
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-568EF3DB53BC360D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Please bear in mind Im coming back to PC gaming and gaming again in a big way. My damage so far: -

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Killing Floor
Max Payne Bundle
Mass Effect
Tomb Raider Collection
Torchlight II
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
System Shock 2
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Football Manager 2013™
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition
Bastion
Thomas Was Alone
Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hotline Miami
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command
Sonic Hits Collection (got just before the sale in the price glitch)

All in all less than £70 bought that!!!

It doesn't get said often, but a wise man once told me a secret: WAIT FOR THE DAILIES.

Smash88

Banned
I enjoyed the game enough despite its shortcomings and I don't think it's worth it at that price.

Alright, looks like I'm waiting until it goes lower which would be the Christmas Sale. No biggie, I have quite a few games to tide me over.

ttocs

Finally got Dishonored, been hovering on the buy button for a while now. Great price, hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

It's a great game but it really wasn't my type of game. If you enjoy stealth though, you'll love it. It does stealth extremely well and the story is very good.

Jarnet87

Have fun. Great games.

Yeah i played DoW 1 really enjoyed it. I heard 2 is much more small squad based then huge army RTS but a much better game. Warhammer 40k lore is amazing so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one just as much if not more then the first game.

Picked up PES because I sold FIFA when I also sold my 360, need some football to hold me over until FIFA 14.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm pretty much out of money lol I think I've bought more for others this sale than I did for myself.

Winter sale is going to be ridiculous

tickling

Banned
Everyone's first sale is like that. I think I spent $180-200+ during the black friday sale and the winter sale. Thankfully, this time around, I have only spent $22.

My only problem is my PC isnt that great at the moment so only getting games I know i can run. Upgrading at bit the end of the month but didnt want to risk some games. Going to start saving for the winter sale. I got a lot of my money trading in games at Game and getting the extra 25% trade in value.

M.D

How likely is it that Dishonored will have GOTY version? I'm way too OCD about things like that but feel like I have to have the "complete" version

There will likely be one, but outside of 2 DLC's (one of which is on sale now, and another one that will be revealed tomorrow), all the other DLC that came out for the game is worthless IMO

I'd buy it now if I were you

MrKaepora

For the love of God Steam, I'm trying not to spend too much money! All I wanted was a good promo of Wargame European Escalation, I didn't ask for the sequel and the original game at this fair price.

Time for decisions.

Grief.exe

Please bear in mind Im coming back to PC gaming and gaming again in a big way. My damage so far: -

Killing Floor
Max Payne Bundle
Mass Effect
Tomb Raider Collection
Torchlight II
System Shock 2
Football Manager 2013™
Bastion
Thomas Was Alone
Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hotline Miami

It doesn't get said often, but a wise man once told me a secret: WAIT FOR THE DAILIES.

Ya, you fucked up big time actually.

Gartikker

It's a great game but it really wasn't my type of game. If you enjoy stealth though, you'll love it. It does stealth extremely well and the story is very good.

Got nothing against stealth, i've just heard that it's too easy, don't want my hand held too much.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
My only problem is my PC isnt that great at the moment so only getting games I know i can run. Upgrading at bit the end of the month but didnt want to risk some games. Going to start saving for the winter sale. I got a lot of my money trading in games at Game and getting the extra 25% trade in value.

I didn't even have a PC when I was buying games during the black Friday sale lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah, furry art is fine.

It's that Dust's artstyle is so... generic level of furry. Then again I'm biased, but you get what I mean when people say it's DeviantArt furry level.

Gameplay is good though (but I hate the minimap).

That's what my advisor told me, then http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/niche pronounces it like "nitch" I've been good about saying "neesh" but still slip in a "nitch" every now and then.

Yes well that dictionary is for American English isn't it? I am English so that might explain it. Although I mostly dislike 'nitch' because I think it just sounds so horrible. 'neesh' is more aesthetically pleasing to me so that's a good enough reason for me :).

fantomena

Killing Floor
Max Payne Bundle
Mass Effect
Tomb Raider Collection
Torchlight II
System Shock 2
Football Manager 2013™
Bastion
Thomas Was Alone
Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hotline Miami

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom