• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

Here's some more games for you guys!
If anyone wants to help me out with trading me Dust, I'll give you Mars: War logs and Hotline Miami ;p

Interesting, i might be able to help you, but i already got hotline, got anything else? Oh and thanks for the giveaway, tried for eador but failed!

Also on a side note, how are you able to afford those giveaways of those games but not get dust? :O

Caffeine

my damage thus far and i am broke

Torchlight II | Resident Evil™ 5 | Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City | Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6 | Tomb Raider Collection| Portal 2 | The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |Sleeping Dogs | Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition | Poker Night 2 | Poker Night at the Inventory | Surgeon Simulator 2013 | Chivalry: Medieval Warfare | Hotline Miami | Scribblenauts Unlimited | Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition

Anyone get a "The Iron Giant" vibe at the end of the Reus intro/the logo?

1368743837-reuslogofinallowres.png

iron-giant1.jpg

Socreges

Banned
haha

Was speaking in general, but I'll take your word for it. I tried 1 and 2 and decided the series wasn't for me.
No doubt 'overhype' tends to distort the real quality of a game and turn people against it, but it's also true that those people who might claim 'cult classic' are the minority who were always going to ignore the flaws, however serious, and love the game.

Sianos

It says you're cleared to play Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Speaking of which, how is Dust? I know its made by a Gaffer, know its been recommended a lot, and that the word "Metroidvania" is associated with it, but is there any other personal recommendations you can give?

So how's Assassin's Creed 3 as my first Assassin's Creed? I played a little of it and the climbing impressed me, and I feel like starting it for real. I know it's not nearly the best AC, but all the climbing and stabbing stuff is still novel to me and I want to see more of it, but not enough to actually go and buy 2/Brotherhood/Revelations.

Asking this because I got it for the 360 for cheap but haven't touched it yet, screw you steam thread

Prophane33

How are you guys earning so much from selling cards? Unless you guys have like a 100 cards in the market.

1 foil netted me around 1 dollar, and I've had to have sold like 70 cards by now. Some cards (while priced nowhere near as well as they used to be) net more than others. The market on Euro Truck 2 and A.R.E.S. cards were still in the high .30s when I sold them. It all just adds up. Whereas, Terraria cards started off at .13 immediately.

Fireblend

Banned
Speaking of which, how is Dust? I know its made by a Gaffer, know its been recommended a lot, and that the word "Metroidvania" is associated with it, but is there any other personal recommendations you can give?

I've heard it's pretty good. TotalBiscuit seemed to like it and he's usually hard to please.

Omega

Banned
So how's Assassin's Creed 3 as my first Assassin's Creed? I played a little of it and the climbing impressed me, and I feel like starting it for real. I know it's not nearly the best AC, but all the climbing and stabbing stuff is still novel to me.

Asking this because I got it for the 360 for cheap but haven't touched it yet, screw you steam thread

its not even worth playing for free

Prophane33

Yes well that dictionary is for American English isn't it? I am English so that might explain it. Although I mostly dislike 'nitch' because I think it just sounds so horrible. 'neesh' is more aesthetically pleasing to me so that's a good enough reason for me :).

I'm American, but my specialty is British Literature (Anglophile alert!), so automatically everything British is better.

So how's Assassin's Creed 3 as my first Assassin's Creed? I played a little of it and the climbing impressed me, and I feel like starting it for real. I know it's not nearly the best AC, but all the climbing and stabbing stuff is still novel to me and I want to see more of it, but not enough to actually go and buy 2/Brotherhood/Revelations.

Buy AC 2, then Brotherhood. Then forget all other AC's exist.

No doubt 'overhype' tends to distort the real quality of a game and turn people against it, but it's also true that those people who might claim 'cult classic' are the minority who were always going to ignore the flaws, however serious, and love the game.

Yeah, not only that, but they're probably the people most eager to jump back into OTs when they see them bumped :p

The_Monk

That Gift Giving feels good, enjoy fellow GAFfer woo and indeed hoo. :)

It's great to have such a good Community in here, much love and respect for you all!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hm, if I get Reus right now, I won't be able to get Kerbal unless I get tons of foils and booster packs in the next ~22 hours, but I might not be able to get Kerbal anyway if I don't get booster packs or foils. What should I do? I could also increase my order amount on Humble Bundle with Android 6 to get McPixel and Organ Trail, which both have cards, but I probably wouldn't make much off that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I did wait for the dailies!!!!

Pretty sure these weren't dailies:

Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command

:p

Prophane33

Hm, if I get Reus right now, I won't be able to get Kerbal unless I get tons of foils and booster packs in the next ~22 hours, but I might not be able to get Kerbal anyway if I don't get booster packs or foils. What should I do? I could also increase my order amount on Humble Bundle with Android 6 to get McPixel and Organ Trail, which both have cards, but I probably wouldn't make much off that.

McPixel cards are literally the cheapest I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom