• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So how's Assassin's Creed 3 as my first Assassin's Creed? I played a little of it and the climbing impressed me, and I feel like starting it for real. I know it's not nearly the best AC, but all the climbing and stabbing stuff is still novel to me and I want to see more of it, but not enough to actually go and buy 2/Brotherhood/Revelations.

Asking this because I got it for the 360 for cheap but haven't touched it yet, screw you steam thread
Since you already have it I say give it a go, the initial sections are friendly to people who never played an AC before. Chances are you'll enjoy it but the story will be mostly garbage, so read a summary of what's going on if you care about that. It's far from the best game in the series but it's worth a playthrough to see if it clicks with you.

Pretty sure these weren't dailies:

Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command

:p
To be fair everyone should buy Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge regardless of price.

Trouble

Banned
What's the deal with wallet funding from selling cards?

I've sold 4 cards today for the first time, and only the money from one of them has gone into my wallet.

Edit: I see the transactions with 'Wallet Credit' in my account, but not reflected in my wallet balance.

tickling

Banned
Pretty sure these weren't dailies:

Clive Barker's Jericho™
The Last Remnant™
Dungeons of Dredmor
Overlord Complete Pack
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
Blocks That Matter
McPixel
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command

:p

Dragon age was

Slacker

Should i pick up KSP? I played one of the free version a while back and liked it, but i don't know if i'd stick with it long enough.

It's awesome. But if the demo didn't grab you I'd watch a few youtube vids first to make sure it's for you. I personally have sunk probably 40 hours into in the last couple weeks. Keep in mind that it's an early build too, they'll be adding more stuff to do to the game as we approach release.

chugen

Yo someone convince me to buy dust.

OkoXONi.gif

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, not only that, but they're probably the people most eager to jump back into OTs when they see them bumped :p
That's actually a really good point. It happens with pretty much every OT. Subscriptions make a difference, too, since all the people who refused to stick with the game would have tuned out long before.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think everything I've bought has been Daily/Community/Flash:

Counter-Strike: GO
Antichamber
Rock of Ages
Ys I & II Chronicles
Garry's Mod
The Witcher 2
Borderlands 2 + Season Pass
Universe Sandbox
System Shock 2
Max Payne 1 & 2
Dishonored + DLC
Reus (for you Toma ;) )
KOTOR 1 + 2

antitrop

When I see the art style, I don't see furries. I see this:

http://i.imgur.com/6fIgNoo.jpg[IMG]

I feel sorry for anyone who can't look at this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pwA6aRL.jpg[IMG]

... without seeing a penis.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, maybe it's just a younger generation that has problems with the Dust artstyle, but I grew up with the anthropomorphic Disney cartoon characters and Dust is absolutely wonderful.

I kinda wanna jump on Mirror's Edge, but I'm over budget as it is. I knew saying "that's it for this sale" would come back to haunt me. :lol

steveovig

I've never bought Terraria before but I was waiting for a PSN discount since it has trophies. However, for $2.49 on Steam, it seems like I can't pass it up. Does the PC version have anything different that the console versions don't?

Volotaire

I've never bought Terraria before but I was waiting for a PSN discount since it has trophies. However, for $2.49 on Steam, it seems like I can't pass it up. Does the PC version have anything different that the console versions don't?

If you want I can gift it you for 1.13£, cheaper than individual. It's in my inventory now. That's less than 2$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexen

Exactly, maybe it's just a younger generation that has problems with the Dust artstyle, but I grew up with the anthropomorphic Disney cartoon characters and Dust is absolutely wonderful.

Oh, come on. Dust clearly has furry DNA in its art style.

I'll still buy it because it looks like it plays great. I assure you I will only play it when no one else can see the monitor though.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I kinda wanna jump on Mirror's Edge, but I'm over budget as it is. I knew saying "that's it for this sale" would come back to haunt me. :lol

This is difficult. Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games ever. However, I'm also a huge fan of frugality/budgeting. I'm pulled in two different directions trying to decide to recommend it to you or not.

Saty

Dust doesn't seem to be doing that well. In the 80's in the Top Seller list. #21 at under $10, edged by the masterpiece War Z.

tickling

Banned
Was it? My apologies. You've done well then.

Think it was a flash sale but the to the others there had good discounts. Was at the same time as Scribblenauts was on sale

Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge
0.29 GBP
Time Gentlemen, Please!
0.29 GBP
Scribblenauts Unlimited
3.74 GBP
Hotline Miami
1.74 GBP
5.99 GBP

The_Monk

Time to post that awesome avatar pic again :3

I can't do it myself fellow GAFfer. It would be a respost, people would call it spam and then I would be Banned! :(

I just feel happy to give something back. It's great to check on people's wishlists and then get them something. Felt good.

Does it really matter that Dust has a furry artstyle? Enjoying this great game won't suddenly turn you into a furry against your will or something.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Think it was a flash sale but the to the others there had good discounts. Was at the same time as Scribblenauts was on sale

Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge
0.29 GBP
Time Gentlemen, Please!
0.29 GBP
Scribblenauts Unlimited
3.74 GBP
Hotline Miami
1.74 GBP
5.99 GBP

Yeah, was mostly just teasing you about not waiting for the dailies on those super cheap indie games. :p
You picked up some great games.

Grief.exe

It was an interesting stylistic choice because it heavily contrasts with the very dark story involving a species wide genocide.

This is difficult. Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games ever. However, I'm also a huge fan of frugality/budgeting. I'm pulled in two different directions trying to decide to recommend it to you or not.

I'll stick with what I said yesterday. There's bound to be some more games I really want but couldn't remember to put on my wish list, too.

I'll buy it during the Winter Seal, once this backlog clears up. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to snag it during a giveaway here.

Milamber

Yo someone convince me to buy dust.

As one of the members to have gotten and played through Dust, I can tell you that it is an engaging Metroidvania with a powerful combo system and move list upgrades. Progression is gradual and relaxing but there is a bit of backtracking. Not a fan of the Furry content in it but it did not deter me from the games playability. Luckily you could skip the talking scenes with the furries. Actually I did not mind the furries as much as the voice casting choices with the npc's cultural differences were driving me up the wall.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I can't do it myself fellow GAFfer. It would be a respost, people would call it spam and then I would be Banned! :(

I just feel happy to give something back. It's great to check on people's wishlists and then get them something. Felt good.

You are incredible dude. Your generosity and outlook make me feel good.

But your upside down avatar makes me feel uneasy.

Martian

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats (actually New Vegas) -- MB-CC83D98C258E8F7F - Taken by Tecl0n

lets hope I did this right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom