• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not even worth playing for free

Buy AC 2, then Brotherhood. Then forget all other AC's exist.

Since you already have it I say give it a go, the initial sections are friendly to people who never played an AC before. Chances are you'll enjoy it but the story will be mostly garbage, so read a summary of what's going on if you care about that. It's far from the best game in the series but it's worth a playthrough to see if it clicks with you.

Thanks. Maybe I'll buy a month of gold and get AC2 for free and play that instead.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'll stick with what I said yesterday. There's bound to be some more games I really want but couldn't remember to put on my wish list, too.

I'll buy it during the Winter Seal, once this backlog clears up. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to snag it during a giveaway here.

If it makes you feel any better, it usually goes for $5.

Grief.exe

I can't do it myself fellow GAFfer. It would be a respost, people would call it spam and then I would be Banned! :(

I just feel happy to give something back. It's great to check on people's wishlists and then get them something. Felt good.

Monk just can't stop being awesome.

chronomac

Since the Summer Sale has started, I've gotten the following games:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Puzzle Quest 2
Cave Story +
Red Orchestra 2
Metro Last Light ($0.01)
Gunpoint
Zombie Shooter 2
Uplink
Magicka (and Vietnam)
Fez
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Monday Night Combat
System Shock 2
Torchlight II
Castle Crashers

This includes those gifted to me by fellow GAFers. I've only spent about $4 of my own cash. The rest came from card sales. Not bad so far, I think.

Tellaerin

Does it really matter that Dust has a furry artstyle? Enjoying this great game won't suddenly turn you into a furry against your will or something.

True. It's just one of those "mentally takes a few points off for aesthetics" things on my (personal, subjective) scale of "how much do I like this?", that's all.

I can't do it myself fellow GAFfer. It would be a respost, people would call it spam and then I would be Banned! :(

I just feel happy to give something back. It's great to check on people's wishlists and then get them something. Felt good.

emot-worship.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guess my favorite game and I'll gift you any any game under 10$!

Dota 2.

(These contests are a bad idea since it will make a fast moving thread even faster.

Edit: Guild Wars 2.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I know ;) Just really excited now dont know what to play.

I'd recommend starting with Thomas Was Alone! It's a really, really cool platformer. And it's only about 3 hours long, so you won't have to delay playing any of your other games.

I'm sorry fellow GAFfer. I just changed it. It is better now?

I don't want to make nobody feel uneasy!

If you were on an episode of House, he'd think you were too nice. You'd probably end up having some incredibly rare disease that makes your elbows fall off when treated with an incredibly rare medicine.

Maybe it's a good thing you're not on an episode of House.

Fireblend

Banned
My damage so far ( * = Obtained through ModBot/other gifts):

Dishonored
Dust: An Elysian Tail
FTL*
Hotline Miami*
Poker Night at the Inventory*
Magical Drop V
Fly'N
Antichamber
XCOM: DLC Elite Soldier Pack
XCOM: DLC Slingshot Pack
Stealth Bastard Deluxe*
Tomb Raider Collection (TR2013, I-VI, Underworld, Legend & Anniversary).

This has probably been mentioned, but I assume the Dunwall trials for Dishonored is probably skippable? I'm going to get the Knife of Dunwall trials already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom