• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what happens if you buy Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition when you already own Fallout: New Vegas?

I want the DLC, but it's actually cheaper to get the Ultimate Edition. I don't want two different Fallout: New Vegas installations in Steam, though.

Do I get a gift copy of New Vegas if I do this, or a double installation?
They're treated as 2 different games in Steam so I'm guessing double install. If it bothers you that much, you can contact Steam to have them remove games permenantly.

So I just sold a card but the money has not been added to my account and my market page just says "sold" where the price should be. The transaction also doesn't appear in my market history.

What's up with that?

Crayons

Banned
All I need now is Monaco, Gunpoint, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, TimeShift, Incredipede, Ms. Splosion Man, and Receiver to go on sale!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So the custom profile backgrounds in Enhanced Steam are going to go away. You guys can all thank zr40 for this.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Uhh, got some cards again, wanted to sell them, but it says "You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market".

Anyone else unable to sell cards right now?

Probably because of the 'heavy load' it's experiencing right now.

dont worry its the market not you, itll fix itself, people are just rushing to undercut eachother and make cards worthless, happens a lot after a card release

ArjanN

Here's something from the Steam registry:

ddfb3d9692759516842bf541cd16c46534f45a59.jpg

Atruvius

I've played System Shock 2 a bit over an hour and it's pretty good. At first I was just aimlessly wandering, being lost but then I found where I can see my current objectives and managed to continue the game. It doesn't feel as janky any more and I'm getting more into the game. It's starting to feel as good as the original Bioshock.

The music is just hilarious in how it doesn't fit the game at all.

Freezard

Test~

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Terraria -- MB-5B0C9E0E489A891A - Taken by M.D

Yes, its a clot emoticon. You could use that as an insult about intellect ("you clot"), about how common someone is ("as common as a clot"), or even about someone's good looks and charm...

KF :clot: emoticon text haha.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dust is pretty clearly Disney's Robin Hood inspired, rather than just *furry art*

So I thought about this a little bit, as Robin Hood is my favourite Disney movie and I'm a big Disney fan anyway, but in general not a huge anthropomorphic animal art fan. In Robin Hood almost no one other than Sir Hiss, Nutsy, and Trigger actually acts like an animal (and in all those cases they are sort of constrained by their physical forms to act more like an animal). In contrast to, say, The Fox and the Hound which also has a fox main character but who clearly acts like a fox. There's a fluidity to Dust that makes it feel, to me at least least, a little bit more like animals and a bit less like humans--in part I think this reflects the fact that Robin Hood was made on an extreme budget, and the fact that Noogy is an animator and clearly prioritized fluidity of animation and movement in making Dust, but it's also a stylistic choice. The characters in Robin Hood have a sort of lethargic, human quality to their movement. Even in the scenes where Robin Hood is very agile and the motions very frenetic (and when the movie goes for slapstick notes), there's still a constraint to the way movement occurs that is missing here.

Not just in the movement, but also in the expressions. I think the side-kick (Fidget, right? It's been a while since I played the demo) is probably the factor that people most readily identify as "furry". High pitched voice, very cutesy look... I think there's a, uh, cloying over-eagerness about that character, an emotiveness which feels more like the kind of zany stuff produced by the anthropomorphic community. Here I'm thinking of webcomics primarily, which I feel really overdo the energy and excitement level. You see a little bit of this in Dust as a character--his expressions in particular are quite cartoonish and big. That's a style thing and I'm absolutely not knocking Noogy's work, because I think the fact that Dust was a labour of love is evident in every facet of the game and to that end it's a real triumph, but I think it's there.

Something about the colours too. Dust has what seems to mostly be a pastel palette to me (although there are some neons and some dark scenes). I don't know how I would describe Robin Hood's palette. It's not the kind of "gothic" colours I associate with something like Snow White, it's considerably brighter in parts than The Fox and the Hound... I dunno.

I wish I knew more about animation so I could articulate what I see. I do think Dust is definitely a lot closer to the mental image I have of something being "furry" than Robin Hood is. Something like Blade Kitten is something that pops out as VERY furry to me, to give another point of comparison. I hope I don't sound like a lunatic.

smr00

Banned
$104.98 in the hole so far :-/

Was trying to stick with a $150 budget but with what? 7 days left? Don't know if i can make it.

mug

Bought Monaco and Gunpoint. Both look great. Does Monaco support matchmaking or do I have to have my friends join in?

smr00

Banned
I expect most of the deals to be repeating (some already are) after Thursday.
I hope, i didn't even want to spend $150, that was the max budget i set myself.

Granted i did buy a few things i probably shouldn't of and i won't make that mistake again. Still, for my first real steam sale i think i am doing alright.

M.D

OMG I won! I actually won!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Freezard, I never played a Minecraft game and really wanted to play Terraria since it seems more like my style than the FPS view of Minecraft

Really appreciate it, thank you!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, I always mix Darksiders and Darkstalkers up in my head, but this is the first time I didn't catch myself before posting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The existing database has no authentication (you don't need a username/password with Enhanced Steam to save the info) but there is security there to prevent most people from just changing your profile background.

Without this authentication, it's possible for someone (who really knows what they're doing - there are a lot of hoops to jump through) to change your profile background without your consent.

To date I've had one user exploit this, and he only did so because he was upset I told him I wasn't going to add a feature to disable custom backgrounds. He's being a little bitch about it, and I don't have the time/energy/effort to build a more robust system at the moment so the best option for the safety and security of all users is to disable this feature completely going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom