• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you are on the fence on whether to buy KSP or not. Buy it. Such a great feeling when you finally get one of them badboys up in the air and into space. Too bad now they are stuck up there lol.

HoosTrax

It was an interesting stylistic choice because it heavily contrasts with the very dark story involving a species wide genocide.
I thought this comment was about a different furry game at first (Sine Mora), until I finally found the original quote and the context.

Slacker

If you are on the fence on whether to buy KSP or not. Buy it. Such a great feeling when you finally get one of them badboys up in the air and into space. Too bad now they are stuck up there lol.

Agreed. I can't recommend this game enough. The sense of exploration and accomplishment you fell when you achieve a goal you've set for yourself is amazing.

Cth

I was sending weird ones, until I sent one with the subject title "all your robot holes belong to me" and then silently wondered if Stump ever looked at his creations as extensions of himself. Stump was no robot, and certainly if he was one, his holes deserved better than me. He might have sent me no code in reply, or an even better one than I was expecting. Either option was frightening to me. I reformed my errant ways.

Some of mine:
Ho Ho, now I have a PM!
I know what you're thinking.. did I PM 6 times or only 5?
ModBot, ModBot, Wherefore art thou ModBot?
Two bots and a moderator walk into a bar..
There's no place like GAF.. there's no place like GAF..

Caerith

Can I get a pitch on Fallout: New Vegas?

I'm sure the answer will be "OMG GET IT NAO," but a critical answer would be appreciated. Does it take a million hours to pull the ripcord like Fallout 3? That game's intro was a lot of bullshit.
The game begins with you getting shot in the head. Then you wake up at the doctor's, he walks you through character creation and suggests you go visit Sunny Smiles for the tutorial. And that's it. You're free to go. We're talking 5 minutes, maybe less if you don't spend all your time messing around with hair colors.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Got Darksiders II and System Shock 2 so far. Wanted to get Bioshock but didn't like the price.

see5harp

Why would Valve make it easy to get these cards just by leaving a game running? The whole thing sounds ridiculous anyway.

They did it this way to make it easier and hassle free for the developers mostly. That's way you see games without achivements have card support. Basically all they need to do provide 10 concept art pieces resized and a single badge along with some background artwork. It's sorta absurd to me but at the same time I can't hate on the ability to trade and sell items. It's brilliant and incredibly lazy at the same time.

Caerith

They did it this way to make it easier and hassle free for the developers mostly. That's way you see games without achivements have card support. Basically all they need to do provide 10 concept art pieces resized and a single badge along with some background artwork. It's sorta absurd to me but at the same time I can't hate on the ability to trade and sell items. It's brilliant and incredibly lazy at the same time.
That, and I think they wanted to sidestep the "cheating at achievements" vs "honest joe gamer" dilemma.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Agreed. I can't recommend this game enough. The sense of exploration and accomplishment you fell when you achieve a goal you've set for yourself is amazing.

Lots of tinkering and thinking too. Love it. The music is really nice too. Relaxing stuff when you get to space.

OrangeOak

Can somebody tell me why Tomb Raider Anniversary was 2,49 euro yesterday and today it's 3,05?
I thought that discounted prices aren't changening until 22 july,except if the game is in flash or daily sale.
Im asking because a game I want is -50% but everyone says to wait for daily or flash but maybe it's better to buy it now - since they are changing prices.
Or maybe this one some exception?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can somebody tell me why Tomb Raider Anniversary was 2,49 euro yesterday and today it's 3,05?
I thought that discounted prices aren't changening until 22 july,except if the game is in flash or daily sale.
Im asking because a game I want is -50% but everyone says to wait for daily or flash but maybe it's better to buy it now - since they are changing prices.

It was a price error.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
That, and I think they wanted to sidestep the "cheating at achievements" vs "honest joe gamer" dilemma.
Well ironically, the number of people gloating about spamming cards by idling is pretty high from what I see.

Vecks

Tomb raider was the daily deal two days ago. They always showcase the newest game in a series but everything in the series gets discounted.

see5harp

I think it's mainly because developers are lazy. I mean Terreria has now been released on XBLA and the achievements are done. Why not patch the game on PC? Nah, we'll just give them 10 small pictures and a picture of a medal.

Caerith

Well ironically, the number of people gloating about spamming cards by idling is pretty high from what I see.
Well, idling only messes up your playtime (if you care about that). If the cards were tied to achievements, you'd see nonstop bitching about how achievements are too hard and about how someone should ban those cheaters who cheat but could anyone send me a save file thanks.

McNum

Anyone know what happens if you buy Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition when you already own Fallout: New Vegas?

I want the DLC, but it's actually cheaper to get the Ultimate Edition. I don't want two different Fallout: New Vegas installations in Steam, though.

Do I get a gift copy of New Vegas if I do this, or a double installation?

Caerith

Anyone know what happens if you buy Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition when you already own Fallout: New Vegas?

I want the DLC, but it's actually cheaper to get the Ultimate Edition. I don't want two different Fallout: New Vegas installations in Steam, though.

Do I get a gift copy of New Vegas if I do this, or a double installation?
It upgrades your copy. It'll still just be listed as New Vegas but you'll have the DLC.

This stupid card drop system has gotten me playing Binding of Isaac again. I was idling it and I just couldn't help myself.

God.

...and as I'm typing this a card drops. LORD GABEN IS PLEASED

hmmm, Dust looks tempting but I got a feeling it will end up in my backlog.

Plus I already bought Fez...

Dust is really damn good. Id say go for it. Its not a super long game so you should be able to bang it out quick. The combo system is hella rewarding and the animation is fantastic.

Uhh, got some cards again, wanted to sell them, but it says "You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market".

Anyone else unable to sell cards right now?

Probably because of the 'heavy load' it's experiencing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom