• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't believe people are actually buying these cards. I might be able to get a couple of free games out of this.

I've been selling my Summer Sale dupes and using that money to pick up the uniques I'm in need of. Also, I'll buy the foils on the last day of the sale; can't let the Summer Sale end without the Summer Sale foil badge adorning my profile!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Summer Sale doesn't feel complete without Cyl and the gang.

It's the ultimate sign that valve has gotten too large and sold out, faceless corporate etc etc. And the worst part is, they make all this garbage TF2 merch for people to buy and chibi kawaii L4D2 zombies and they've never made stuffed dudes. Just embarrassing all around, a total gong show.

Sini

Wow, one of my friends randomly gifted me whole Overlord Complete pack!
Those games were my most wanted games from the sale.

cicero

You're still getting money
Except that it isn't actually "money" transferable to legal tender. All you are doing is getting non-transferable credit that can only be used to "buy" non-guaranteed rental access to digital content within a closed system. It is like going to Disneyland and buying Disney dollars redeemable for goods or services, except that they allow you to exchange the money back to US currency at Disneyland, not in Steam. So I guess that would make it more like "Itchy & Scratchy Money".

I suppose, but if they want me to give them my tax info then hopefully they are working on some way to take Steam Wallet money out of the system.
I seriously doubt that they ever would want to do this.

Gregorn

I've been selling my Summer Sale dupes and using that money to pick up the uniques I'm in need of. Also, I'll buy the foils on the last day of the sale; can't let the Summer Sale end without the Summer Sale foil badge adorning my profile!

Or save them and sell them for like £50 next year.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Debating biting the bullet on Tomb Raider. Kinda tempted, but then again I didn't grab GTA IV which I did want a bit more... Argh, Gaben, why are you giving me like, choices, man, that's cruel!

i didn't like TR as much as i liked GTA4 but thats just me. and i could be looking at GTA through rose coloured glasses.

Except that it isn't actually "money" transferable to legal tender. All you are doing is getting non-transferable credit that can only be used to "buy" non-guaranteed rental access to digital content within a closed system. It is like going to Disneyland and buying Disney dollars redeemable for goods or services, except that they allow you to exchange the money back to US currency at Disneyland, not in Steam. So I guess that would make it more like "Itchy & Scratchy Money".

Glorious post , the truth it burns.

Bioshock and Skyrim. Not that I want them, because I don't (already have both for the PS3). I'll be looking for Witcher 2 GA's

Those are always popular choices but I'm not sure if they're the most in demand from GAF. I thought a large portion of GAF views Skyrim in a negative fashion?

I'd suggest Rogue Legacy, although people may be waiting until later in the sale before giving that away(could go lower then 20%).

I'm going to have to just leave this thread, it is so addicting to just f5 it for hours on end to see the constant stream of amazing generosity, and we are only 3 days in, the pace and amount of keys is driving me insane :), someone wake me if best buy screws up again.

Munin

I don't get the giveaway rules, sometimes I read you are eligible for one key within an hour (!?), sometimes it's a week, can someone clarify for me?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anonymous benefactor, huh.

My key was a dupe. How do I give the key back/get my gifting chance back?

I will take care of that for you. Done, the key you claimed is deleted. Of course I'd note you previously claimed Morrowind and Oil Rush, so any giveaway that disqualifies you would still disqualify you.

Caerith

I seriously doubt that they ever would want to do this.
But you can cash out indirectly by having someone paypal you then you use your wallet funds to gift them.

Mildudon

I'm not sure this key works. It's a 3 in one deal.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Meat Boy Lone Survivor Braid -- MB-2BAF1677E24CD70C - Taken by jtb

I'm going to have to just leave this thread, it is so addicting to just f5 it for hours on end to see the constant stream of amazing generosity, and we are only 3 days in, the pace and amount of keys is driving me insane :), someone wake me if best buy screws up again.

Don't worry. I have a problem too..

Fireblend

Banned
Stump, since my last giveaway was unclaimed, can I delete the quote from my old post, and then add the game/ModBot code along with other codes I may want to give away in the future (just add it to the quoted text)?

Edit: ah, nevermind, someone finally took it!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

i am sure theres an thread auto update script somewhere out there. just google for it.

derExperte

I will take care of that for you. Done, the key you claimed is deleted. Of course I'd note you previously claimed Morrowind and Oil Rush, so any giveaway that disqualifies you would still disqualify you.

While you're here: Wouldn't it be nice to have the option to exclude people who've won during the last day? NOWINNERSDAILY? A week is a tad too much for most giveaways imo, a day on the other hand...

PS+ is not a free service.

Ha!

As of now, ModBot has given away more than 1000 games.

I said wow.

As of right now, Javabot took 950 Of those games.

I said lol.

Top takers is basically the same as before because of the blocklists and throttling measures now on the bot basically ensure no one at the top of the list will keep going up. The rule right now is one key per half an hour, >15 keys in last week = 1 every 12 hours, >17 keys in last week = 1 every 3 days.

Givers (including anonymous):
48 SephirothRK MY MANNNNNN
37 xelios
29 chugen
22 jshackles
20 Cloudius12
19 Dog Problems
18 Glass Rebel
16 vermadas
15 almostheathen

I said wow again :eek:.

Edit: Yay member status =D

Congrats :).

Alright, last attempt. I tried to give out a copy of Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers through ModBot, but so far it's not been claimed. If anyone tried requesting it and for some reason it's not working, let me know and I can send you the code directly. If it's such a bad game no one wants it, let me know.

Someone should snap this up! I played it recently and had several hours good fun with it. It's a quite delightful little game. I almost re-started it immediately upon finishing it but decided to plough into my backlog instead. Please don't let this code go to waste!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't get the giveaway rules, sometimes I read you are eligible for one key within an hour (!?), sometimes it's a week, can someone clarify for me?

No one is eligible for more than one key per half hour (it was an hour until I loosened it).

Besides that, any regulations are posted for an individual giveaway are posted in the individual giveaway.

KPJZKC

Stump, since my last giveaway was unclaimed, can I delete the quote from my old post, and then add the game/ModBot code along with other codes I may want to give away in the future (just add it to the quoted text)?

Edit: ah, nevermind, someone finally took it!

It was meeeeeee :D

Thank you for the game :D

(wait a second, did I claim a game from you before too? - Yes I did, Capsized also! Thanks a lot generous GAFFER :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom